• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local Classifieds.

I am stripping and parting out a 2000 CSVT Black/Tan (USA gauge cluster) that has been in an front driver corner accident - drivers side got scraped up too. Although there is really new & clear right side headlight (ford oem). The motor is gone, but still got the 2000 UIM and LIMs. I have a pending offer on the skirts as well as the transmission. Car was seemingly well maintained and has just over 100K miles on it. Among other things, I got a nice rear bumper and trunk lid with spoiler. If you need something PM me. I live just northwest of Brampton.

Not sure if still need the blower motor resistor pack, but let me know. I haven't yet pulled the dash, but I am assuming it sits under there somewhere.

Cheers!
John.

If anyone has a parts car I'm looking for a cheap blower motor resistor pack.

Passenger door Body Molding

Passenger door Body Molding

My '98 SF S0 SVT was hit in a roundabout here in K/W :mad:, and the Body Moulding on the Passenger Front door was damaged (among other items). I would like a replacement for it, ideally Silver Frost (but I can get it painted, if needed). Anyone got one out there? I don't know how universal the fit is, but I understand the S1 is different from S0 (early vs late - do I have the terms right?).

The body shop can't find a new one, nor can I. Tried the dealership in Vegas, with no luck either.

Anyone got one that they can sell me and mail to me? :help:

Thanks ~ Chris

My '98 SF S0 SVT was hit in a roundabout here in K/W :mad:, and the Body Moulding on the Passenger Front door was damaged (among other items). I would like a replacement for it, ideally Silver Frost (but I can get it painted, if needed). Anyone got one out there? I don't know how universal the fit is, but I understand the S1 is different from S0 (early vs late - do I have the terms right?).

The body shop can't find a new one, nor can I. Tried the dealership in Vegas, with no luck either.

Anyone got one that they can sell me and mail to me? :help:

Thanks ~ Chris

E0 / E1 :), not s

do you mean the bumpstop strip things on the door? Take them off! Looks way cleaner without them

Front bumper mesh I still have, but it has some a small bit of mesh missing about the size of a two inch "V" along the upper edge of the opening about 12" from the passenger side edge of the opening. You are welcome to it, if you want it.

The rear mesh mysteriously disappeared at some unknown point in time. :shrug:

John.

I assume front bumper mesh is gone? Is the rear in good condition? Willing to part with it?

E0 / E1 :), not s

do you mean the bumpstop strip things on the door? Take them off! Looks way cleaner without them

Yeah - E0 that's it. S0 didn't look right, but I didn't have time to go looking for the correct term.

As for removing them - I'm a "stock look" kind of guy. I prefer to have my car look the way it was built. But that doesn't stop me from doing changes that aren't easily seen.

WTB 17" Winter Steelies

WTB 17" Winter Steelies

My buddy is willing to sell me some mint winter tires for a great price, but I need to find some rims for them.

Anybody know where to find steel rims with our 4x108 bolt pattern that will fit 215-65-17 tires? Will 215-65-17 tires even fit in my wheelwell?

My buddy is willing to sell me some mint winter tires for a great price, but I need to find some rims for them.

Anybody know where to find steel rims with our 4x108 bolt pattern that will fit 215-65-17 tires? Will 215-65-17 tires even fit in my wheelwell?

I assume these would be for your 98.5 SVT, which came stock with 205/55-16 rubber. 215/65-17 has a diameter of 28.0", compared to 24.9" for the OEM size, so in short, they might as well be 32" Monster Mudders.....ain't going to fit. Also, you would be facing an uphill battle finding 17" steelies in 4 x 108.

Please dont drive that pristine car in the winter:cry:

Thanks guys, I thought it'd be a longshot with the tires but it was worth asking around.

I am definitely considering a winter beater if I'm looking at a few hundred for new rims/tires anyway.

I have mint and I mean mint condition E1's but the snow tires are garbage on them. Don't know how much this might help you.

Aaron

'98 Contour

'98 Contour

Hi Guys

I have a '98 Contour, I've owned it since new, has 180K on it. 2.0L Auto.
Car has been sitting since 2007.
Back in September of this year a good friend of mine needed a car for his daughter so I offered to give the car to him (this guy has done a lot for me in the past) He did full brakes - new rotors, pads, sliders, drums, linings, and rear brake kit, full exhaust, 2 new tires, a battery, spark plugs wires, all new filters and fluids. the Tranny line corroded and was leaking....here's kicker:
Hi backyard mechanic friend (A-hole) told him the lines were to warm the tranny up on a cold day and not required, advised him to cut the lines and crimp them to stop the leak :confused:
My friend Insured the car, got a temp MOT permit, got it E-tested (passsed with incredible numbers) got a Safety done at CDN Tire also passed with no issues, then got it plated, driving home from the MOT with everything all said and done he puked the transmission, overheated / to much pressure from the crimped lines...:cry:
Long story short aside from scrapping the car he gave it back to me.

Any suggestions what to do from here?? drop a new tranny in? part it out? sell it as is? "these top dollar paid for your scrap car" guys that advertise in the local paper only offered $150 so that's not one of my options

Todd
Mississauga, Ontario

Hi Guys

I have a '98 Contour, I've owned it since new, has 180K on it. 2.0L Auto.
Car has been sitting since 2007.
Back in September of this year a good friend of mine needed a car for his daughter so I offered to give the car to him (this guy has done a lot for me in the past) He did full brakes - new rotors, pads, sliders, drums, linings, and rear brake kit, full exhaust, 2 new tires, a battery, spark plugs wires, all new filters and fluids. the Tranny line corroded and was leaking....here's kicker:
Hi backyard mechanic friend (A-hole) told him the lines were to warm the tranny up on a cold day and not required, advised him to cut the lines and crimp them to stop the leak :confused:
My friend Insured the car, got a temp MOT permit, got it E-tested (passsed with incredible numbers) got a Safety done at CDN Tire also passed with no issues, then got it plated, driving home from the MOT with everything all said and done he puked the transmission, overheated / to much pressure from the crimped lines...:cry:
Long story short aside from scrapping the car he gave it back to me.

Any suggestions what to do from here?? drop a new tranny in? part it out? sell it as is? "these top dollar paid for your scrap car" guys that advertise in the local paper only offered $150 so that's not one of my options

Todd
Mississauga, Ontario

Honestly, strip whatever you can and put parts for sale here. Put 2 spare tires on the rear axle and call those guys to tow it way for $150 or if you have a trailer tow it yourself to JY and get more money. Buying a good used trans is about $500 from JY + installation it will be more than that car is worth. Then again, depends how much you love the car.

14" rims with good tires

14" rims with good tires

These are from my GL that went to scrap. Tires are in very good condition had them on for a season and half.

Asking $200

34y1on7.jpg

2hp16yq.jpg

Back