• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local Classifieds.

Alright peeps,

new items for sale:

Hidden hitch, clean $ 50.

hayden transmission cooler KIT: $ 80.

BNIB K&N filter $5 or free with the purchase of another thing.
Airbags $ 40 each.

Rear lights with bulbs, $15 each

SVT exhaust is still for grabs, I can't believe there's no interest for this :nonono:

Tiny projector lights(2" in diameter), willing to sell the 3200k HID kit(bulbs, ballasts, relay and harness) with them for $ 80.

DRL relay, $5:shrug:

1 of the 2 driver's headlights still up for grabs, $ 5.

Entertaining offers, tour is being scrapped Wednesday and no later.

Pm For pics or check the main classifieds section if the desired ones are not there.
Need other parts? take your pick, or take the whole car.

Alright, i have some things for sale:

Stock SVT rear sway-bar and SVT airbox with K&N filter : $40 for both if taken as a "package deal", otherwise it's $30 each

99 Silfro hood, it has a couple scratches on it: $100 OBO

E1 rims with Toyo RA-1's 205 55 16's on them. The previous owner said that they had 2-4 track sessions on them: Looking to get $450 OBO

Ford Racing Tuner rims, 17x7 et 47, mounted on Goodyear Eagle F1's, 215 45 17. They don't have that much tread left on them but they will be good for the rest of the summer: $550... im going to be a bit more firm on these than the other things.

I'll get pics of these up here tomorrow.

Updated: Here's the pics of the parts for sale http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff151/dasilveracer99/Parts for SALE/

Thanks
-Alex

Bump with updated price drops... Both sets of rims are in very good condition, hood is clean and a good deal on a good condition swaybar and airbox. I need this stuff gone to make room in my garage. Make me some offers!

I have 4 SVT E0 rims with Goodyear tires (I think they're Eagle GT-HR). The rims are in nice shape with very minor scratches and haven't been used in the winter and the tires have about 1 summer left ... they're loud but grip fine. Nice upgrade for stock non-SVT Contour or possibly to use as winter rims.
$250 OBO. PM me, thanks!

Eagle GT-HR

wicked rubbers

Updated List

Hidden hitch, clean and undercoated $ 50.

Rear lights with bulbs, $10 each

SVT exhaust

Tiny projector lights(2" in diameter),$ 20 pick-up
Power antenna: $20 pick up

I also Have a workshop CD for all year Contours.

FT: 00' Focus for Black/MNB SVT!?

FT: 00' Focus for Black/MNB SVT!?

Looking for a black SVT (will take other colors, black is just preference) for trade with my 00' Focus ZX3...figure this is the easiest way of aquiring one because this isnt the right time to sell a car. So basically, I want to trade my Focus (seen in my cardomain below if you never saw it) for a black SVT. SVT must be in good shape as Im giving away a pretty mint car with close to $18,000 into it! If interested, please give me an email!! Thanks CEG :) I can be reached at: phatfocus at live dot com

I dont really want a SilFro, I want to be different than people in my area! lol..T-Red would be nice also :)

Hidden hitch, clean and undercoated $ 50.

Rear lights with bulbs, $10 each

SVT exhaust

Tiny projector lights(2" in diameter),$ 20 pick-up
Power antenna: $20 pick up

I also Have a workshop CD for all year Contours.

They're still up for grabs, shoot offers

looking for csvt

looking for csvt

looking to trade, my showcar focus for a csvt. will consider all color options!! shoot me an offer if interested, thanks :)

1998.5 Contour SVT for sale in Toronto

1998.5 Contour SVT for sale in Toronto

Hi I have a 1998.5 contour SVT for sale. I am the original owner.

Its original and doesn't have any mods other than the audio system.

The car still starts and runs like new.

Silver with black leather interior, no moonroof.

270,000 km mainly highway trips.

Body is in fairly good condition, there is only some rust on the inner part of the wheelwell, and a small crack on the front air dam.

The car does need new tires, brakes, one tie rod, and possibly an oxygen sensor. I replaced the starter earlier this year.

Set of 16" aluminium mystique rims and winter tires included.

I am asking for $1500 and am firm on the price. I can drop off the car to where ever you need.

Alright, i have some things for sale:

Stock SVT rear sway-bar: $20 takes it

99 Silfro hood, it has a couple scratches on it: $90 and it's yours

E1 rims with Toyo RA-1's 205 55 16's on them. The previous owner said that they had 2-4 track sessions on them: Looking to get $275

Ford Racing Tuner rims, 17x7 et 47, mounted on Goodyear Eagle F1's, 215 45 17. They don't have that much tread left on them but they will be good for the rest of the summer: $500.. im going to be a bit more firm on these

I'll get pics of these up here tomorrow.

Updated: Here's the pics of the parts for sale http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20for%20SALE/

Thanks
-Alex

Bump with even lower prices!! These prices are a lot lower than i wanted, but i just need this stuff gone!!! Don't be afraid to shoot me some offers, just NO lowballers please:)

'99 T-Red SVT For Sale

'99 T-Red SVT For Sale

It's a sad day - I'm putting my '99 T-Red SVT up for sale. With a growing family, a sport sedan that my wife can't drive no longer makes sense and I'm forced to move on.

Car is now on AutoTrader but I figured I'd give the first crack at buying the beast to the good folks at CEG.

Pics are here

Some noteables:
-~237K, mostly highway kms on the 407
-original motor, tranny and clutch
-New Ford alternator
-Newer plugs & wires
-17" FSVT wheels and Kumho Ecsta SPT's installed, probably 1 or 2 seasons left
-15" winter wheels and Nokian Hakka 1's included, probably 1 season left
-tints all the way around
-Optima red top 34R installed
-only Mobil 1 5W-30 used since purchased, always changed every 7,500 KM by me!
-only Royal Purple Synchromax tranny fluid used, shifts great!
-K&N air filter installed in factory airbox, KKM intake kit will be included if you want it
-needs brakes all around, especially fronts
-needs e-brake cable, so being sold as-is

Asking $3000.00 OBO

This is a very stock SVT and runs well. It's been a very fun and reliable vehicle for me and I'm sad to have to let it go.

For questions or offers, please send an email to 1delmarweb AT rogers.com as I'm not on CEG as much as I used to be. Thanks,

John

Last edited:
98 v6/mtx - $500!!!

98 v6/mtx - $500!!!

Ok guys, I've really got to sell my car so I've dropped the price to $500!!

You can get it safetied and use it as your daily driver. Or you could part it out, or resell it on Autotrader for a profit! I'd do it myself but being overseas makes it a bit hard. My loss is your gain! PM me if interested! Thanks!!

1998 GL Sport V6/MTX

I'm selling my daily driver as I've moved overseas and couldn't take it with me. This car has been my baby since I purchased it in '99 and it really pains me to have to sell it. If anyone is looking for a reliable, well-maintained Contour then this car may be the one for you. Please read on for the details.

Main features
Duratec V6, manual transmission (hence 4-wheel disc brakes), black in colour. Approximately 180k (km) on the odometer (I can get the exact reading if you want). It has the sports package, which means foglights, rear spoiler, tilt steering, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and power everything except for the driver's seat. I purchased this car second-hand at the end of '99 and I am the second owner.

Non-stock items (mods)
-Clarion CD headunit. It's one of the nicer ones with the metal faceplate and remote
-KKM intake
-Spiral-flow sport muffler (nice sound without being obnoxious - doesn't attract the cops)
-Audi A6 side marker lights - these were installed without having to do any drilling or filing of the body panels
-16" Cougar polished aluminum (chrome-look) wheels with Kuhmo Ecsta 225-width tires. The front tires are brand new (see below). Looks and handles great, and there is no rubbing!

Maintenance history
All oil changes after I bought it were done using Mobil 1 synthetic oil. I've done a couple of transmission fluid changes, most recently using ATF+3 for improved shifting. The battery was replaced 4 years ago, new front brake rotors and pads about 3 years ago. The spring recall was performed in March of '07 - the two front tires are brand new because of this (literally less than 200km on the pair). The front suspension control arms were replaced under extended warranty a few years ago due to worn bushings (common problem), so this car drives a lot better than your typical used Contour. Also has had the front wheel bearings replaced as well as the water pump and serpentine belt (now has a metal impeller, so you won't have to worry about that again). I should also mention that it's never had problems passing the emissions test.

Known problems
-AC no longer blows cold
-Rear parking brake is currently inoperative. The parking brake cables snapped a year ago from corrosion, and when my mechanic had a look he also found that the parking brake calipers were seized. I was quoted around $350 to replace the parking brake cables and calipers but I elected not to do the repair at the time. My mechanic disconnected the parking brake mechanism so that it wouldn't drag on the rear wheels. My driveway is sloped and I park it by leaving it in 1st gear - it hasn't gone anywhere. But I have a feeling you'll need to get this fixed in order to pass the safety inspection. And to clarify, it's just the parking brake that isn't working - the regular brakes are fine!
-small crack (approx 3-4") in right corner of the front bumper

This car has been sitting for a while, so the battery will need a jump (I'll include a set of jumper cables).

There's also approx. 80lbs of free weights (including curl bars) in the car which you can have as well.

So there you have it. This is a great car that has many more years left. I really do regret having to sell it, especially with it running so well with all the new parts. If I could've taken it with me, I would've. But I couldn't and now the car's got to go so I've priced it low for a quick sale!

By the way, I should mention that the car is in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. If you have any questions, just send me a PM.

This stuff is still for sale!!!!

Stock SVT rear sway-bar: $15 takes it

99 Silfro hood, it has a couple scratches on it: $80 and it's yours

E1 rims with Toyo RA-1's 205 55 16's on them. The previous owner said that they had 2-4 track sessions on them: Looking to get $225

Ford Racing Tuner rims, 17x7 et 47, mounted on Goodyear Eagle F1's, 215 45 17. They don't have that much tread left on them but they will be good for the rest of the summer: $450.

Here's the pics of the parts for sale:
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f... for SALE/

These prices are waaaaayyyyyy lower than i want to sell them for but i neeedd the room!! Also, these prices are a "local special" so its way cheaper for you guys up in Canada/GTA!

The E1's are in good condition, just has the usual curb rash. The Ford Racing rims are in VERY good condition. The hood is clean and very cheap all things considered, and the sway bar just needs to go. Come on guys make me some offers, i am open to any right now.

Back