• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Let the fitment begin

479780_10151230601209064_673398403_n.jpg

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6415-1334536185-1_preview.gif

New+meme+He-man_659312_3058931.jpg

If the preloaded springs don't help my rubbing issue, I'll be raising the rear up a tad bit more. But, I actually want to go lower on all four corners. We will see though. The main priority right now is getting the fenders worked on in the back and getting my ignition switch in when it comes in the mail. She's not starting by herself anymore, gotta push start her every time in the morning.

Right, If you can clear the front, lower it a hair and then raise the back two hairs. I just think a little rake will benefit you because of lack of camber. Hell you might be able to fit a spacer in the back!

The back 3/4 view is great, but the front 3/4 view is okay. Thats where this all stems from. Fine-fine tuning, to get the front 3/4 looking good.

Love it love it love it

Makes me wanna poke my wheels out way more. I love how the wheels stick out way past the sideskirts.

not a fan but thats me. scuse my ignorance in the whole stretch scene, but what happens when you take a hard corner at 70ish mph and the tire deflect, isnt that just begging for the tire to pop off or have the rim drag?

not a fan but thats me. scuse my ignorance in the whole stretch scene, but what happens when you take a hard corner at 70ish mph and the tire deflect, isnt that just begging for the tire to pop off or have the rim drag?

youtube drift... nothing happens

The key to handling the tire not rolling off the bead is tire pressure. Stretched tires need to run a higher pressure than normal, closer to the max, if not maxed out. But, I'm also not driving the car hard.

im sure he dousn't take corners like hes on a track or something. This style is built for the overall look. not performance for hard cornering. i dont think anything will happen to his tires, there are alot more extreme examples of tire stretching then this and a majority dont have a problem. and his license plate cover says "i love driving slow" anyways, see, not a problem :crazy:

thats the exact opposite of how i drive si id never be able to do that. i take my off ramps at 50-60mph

I honestly like it more now that I have seen the hole car and a few different Views. At first I had my doubts not gunna lie. But it looks good mike.

It looks good from certain angles. Then you see the lip of the wheel and the stretched tires and it's nish nish. If you could get the rims to fit without doing that to the tires it'd be great.

As a person that installs tires I would have to think your installer hates you:shrug:

Back