• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Let the fitment begin

I've had that website in my information for years now. It helps. The 8.25 will hit the shock body is what I'm saying.

Josh, isn't that what you just did?

I removed the cups to run S13 camber plates, and the modifications required are far from over. Because you're coilovers use the stock upper strut mount you need that plate in there. I'm saying remove it and reposition it.

Well, got these just in case. New tires will be here early next week.

59023_10151221633914064_971306189_n.jpg

Had it happen to me with my old Koni and H&r's.

Broke the bolt of the top of my Koni in the engine bay. The next bump I hit shoved the strut up Through my hood :blackeye:

I had 2 break, striker busted a few and I've now heard of some Ksport or D2's getting busted.

Guuuuhhhhhhh. We will see. If I decide to not use it, I'll sell and rock the poke for a little bit before I decide what I'm gonna do for the front.

I had 2 break, striker busted a few and I've now heard of some Ksport or D2's getting busted.

Yep, they broke my D2s. Lol...had to order new ones because they snapped the strut rod clean into 2 peices while driving which left my wheel basically useless

Well, got the wheels on.

Now, once again, I know this style of strech and poke/hellaflush isn't everyone's style of stance. But I love it. Just gotta get some getting used to with different theme on wheels and fitment.

First, the tires mounted. Has a decent stretch.

155459_10151229626074064_1844836240_n.jpg

The fronts. I want to camber them in, but don't want to run the risk of the camber plates. But, the clearance is good so far. I can even go lower.

395023_10151229806629064_734799978_n.jpg

And now the rears. GOOD LORD I love the fitment. BUT, I'm having some rubbing issues currently. I believe it's the liner that's sagging down in a place I had cut on both sides. I will take another look and more than likely take the liner out. But so far, the clearance is pretty good on the fender side. The rear bumper tab HAD to go for sure. I spent a good hour trying to figure the rubbing, and even raised the rear up by 1/5". It's going back down if I figure it's just the fender liner rubbing.

Here's the picture before I raised it. Less than credit card clearance. Coilovers are gonna be on full stiff, not that I'm far from it anyways.

481602_10151229856399064_1544376318_n.jpg

I have never been a fan of stretched tires, and probably never will be, but i'm dying to see this thing done. :drool:

^some people are just set in their ways. I'll never have a car that has a stance like that, but on some cars, i think it looks ok.

If they made those wheels 7" wide, i'd totally have a set.

It's gonna look wicked! I've never been one to say this, but IMO it'd look better a tad higher :D. Never liked the full squat look.

^some people are just set in their ways.

It has nothing to do with being set in my ways. I love the stance scene and I'm quite heavily involved in it around here, I just don't care for what I'm seeing so far on this build...that may change once it's done, but at the moment I don't care for it.

Back