• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Let the fitment begin

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
Okay, so I know most of you aren't a fan of this style, but I happen to LOVE it. Long story short, 4x108 is a pain in the butt to find good spec'd wheels in my favor. Well, I was going to get some Cobra Rs, but ultimately decided to do a concave setup. Thus, the Termis in 17x9 ET 18.

They gonna fill up the arch reeaalll nice. If you don't have anything nice to say, it's okay. I know most of you guys are old school, and more reserved than this style, but that's okay, too.

Getting started

1015_10151200173429064_777599877_n.jpg

I think it could look okay. As long as you promise to use correct sized tires.

rofl!

man, have u thought about switching lug patterns? i will be doing that next spring as my funds grow. but i was told to make a 4x100 lug pattern it will be as easy as a slut

Besides fitment issues, does this cause bearing wear?

Just wondering why no one has done this. The stance is gonna look crazy.

img_3272.jpg

2697712570103402741S600x600Q85.jpg

I can not wait for this stupid "fad" to be over with. What is the point in having just the rims stick out past the fender? Not to mention you go through tires every 5,000 miles

Anywho...

Goodluck OP it's always fun to see members doing new things to their cars, even if others don't like it

Besides fitment issues, does this cause bearing wear?

Just wondering why no one has done this. The stance is gonna look crazy.

As a matter of fact, I almost bought those wheels from the blue focus. He had sold them before I got to him like a day before :[

People on here don't usually do it because of height. As well as the fact of fitment, driveability, practicality, whatever it may be. I've been meaning to do it for a while but have always been stuck with repairs.

And yes, it can cause premature bearing wear.

I can not wait for this stupid "fad" to be over with. What is the point in having just the rims stick out past the fender? Not to mention you go through tires every 5,000 miles

Anywho...

Goodluck OP it's always fun to see members doing new things to their cars, even if others don't like it

The fad wont be going away anytime soon lol ;]

I won't be running the camber like those who run -5*. I'd like to, but lack of aftermarket sucks. So I'll be rocking close to spec camber. Maybe I'll throw the front camber kit back on for better fitment, we'll see. My tires last forever in the rear, but the front has had pretty terrible toe issues.

And since when did I ever stick to the crowd? hahaha ;]

Why even get angry about why people do it - to each their own. I think it is extremely aesthetically pleasing! As for function its retarded but that is known going into it. Just like drag racing skinny wheels look stupid but they do the job......

Cant wait to see this. Hope the fad doesnt go away anytime soon. Planning on going slightly aggressive w my MR2 soon, just bought some 17x10 +22 RPF1's for the rear.

A little late for you now Rexxy but I wonder what the specs were on these cobra wheels

DSC002682.jpg

And lulz at tribal graphics

YOOOO, those are in fact Cobra wheels, but they're not. They're 17x7s. I can't remember what they were called. But they have been discontinued for a while.

And Mani, on my coilovers, I have about a finger width of room. I'll recheck

Are those the old Scoundrels? I think uh guy who rolled his TRED svt at spring zing long time ago ( name escapes me doh!) had them at one point? couple others with them

z1.jpg

z11.jpg

Back