• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LED switches

LED switches

• $45 - I send temp switches, you send yours to me, you return temps. $20 additional Core charge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt R

Hard-core CEG'er
I plan on offering an LED switch GB. I'd like to get an idea of how many LEDs, and in what color, I need to order.

First, I plan on offering red, white, or blue LEDs. I will also get additional colors if requested. I can offer amber, cyan, pink, green, violet, and yellow.

Prices: a full LED switch set would be $40 including paypal fees and shipping.

Switches done would be the big switch, the 3 window switches, and the 2 door locks. I will also do individual switches for $5, and the big switch for $10.

Options
: I will shortly be receiving a variety of lock and window switches.

1. I can do these in your color, and mail them to you with a core charge. You send me your switches back.

2. You send me your switches and I'll send you a temp set of switches, with a core charge. When you get your switches back, you get the core charge back. Slightly more expensive from the extra shipping.

3. You get your own temp switches and/or deal w/o having any for a little bit.

Turnaround should be between a week and a week and a half.

Please note, this is just basically an interest check. Once I get an idea of what people want, then I'll open an official GB.

P1300037.jpg

I also offer changing the color of your gauges. Please see: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=768
Also, I will put LEDs in the bulb holders for places like the instrument cluster. Please note though, you'll have to scrape off colored films to get the color to shine though.

Last edited:
I mean the interior switches that are in each door panel. The ones that control the windows going up/down and the locks being locked/unlocked. On all Contours, they are that ugly green... I would be changing the color to whatever people wanted.

would you be able to do the moon roof switch?? I think there is a little more involved than putting in an LED. If you can do all that is needed so that it is just plug and play I would be interested in that.

Also if you can do the LED reverse glow clock I'd be interested.

would you be able to do the moon roof switch?? I think there is a little more involved than putting in an LED. If you can do all that is needed so that it is just plug and play I would be interested in that.

The moonroof switch is done the same way. Take a regular window switch and change the green for the colored LED. The wiring on the car has to be done by you.

so $40 dollars for all 4 doors? and what are these exactly just the bulbs, just the switch cover, or both? and is install as easy as plug n play?

ive done this too all my switches. not the easiest thing to do. only a few work now and i cant figure out how to fix the window lock button. i would recommend having it done it makes a huge difference in the interior look. i like mine alot but a few dont work now.

how much would it be for all the door switches, the gauge cluster the HVAC and the dimmer switch and everything else that is stock green to blue so they are all the same color blue?

I don't know anything about the moon roof switch or the clock LED. My car has neither so I have no way to practice or experiment.

These are more complicated than just removing a bulb. They have LEDs in them; the old solder needs to be removed, and resistors installed w/ the new LEDs w/ resistance depending on color.

The switch covers are clear. It's the LEDs inside the switch that provide the color. No coating like the gauges.

After shipping and paypal fees, it's actually like $33 for all 4 doors. I forgot too, I'll include the defroster switch.

Gauge cluster, yes. Please check link in the first post, for my previous GB.

HVAC, no. I haven't found a way to remove the green film with out destroying the whole panel face.

you dont have to remove the green film. there is another ceger that did it without removing the film and the blue still shined through

Yeah, but it will look like crap. The blue is going to mix with the green giving you an ugly color. And it'll mix with the red kilometers, giving you a weird purple.

no it wont. striker2 has done it and it looked amazing. i have instructions on how to do it but im not good with electronics or anything like that thats why ive never tried it. i treid to fine the pics of his interior but i cant seem to find them

Strikers stuff does look amazing He came and stayed here at the house when we had our dragon run. the blue on all his stuff is tits

HVAC controls:
101_0134.jpg

Gauges:
100_0195.jpg

100_0201.jpg

100_0202.jpg

I know it looks like there is "hot spots" but that is due to the exposure settings on the camera in order to get the picture. they really arent there at all. any questions PM so as to not clutter this GB too much.

Matt R,
How confident are you on the quality of this. There was a GB awhile ago, where someone did this. I purchased all switches to be done by the guy. They looked great but eventually they all burnt out, this was like a month later. I was pissed and asked for a refund or for him to fix it, and I got the shaft.

Regardless, if you are confident in what you are selling. I am 100% in, I would like all 4 switches and the defrost switch done in white.

Matt R,
How confident are you on the quality of this. There was a GB awhile ago, where someone did this. I purchased all switches to be done by the guy. They looked great but eventually they all burnt out, this was like a month later. I was pissed and asked for a refund or for him to fix it, and I got the shaft.

Regardless, if you are confident in what you are selling. I am 100% in, I would like all 4 switches and the defrost switch done in white.

I looked back on your old posts about this. There was a reason for this. He used 100% wrong resistors and they killed the life of the LED's in no time.

I did all my interior myself with proper resistors and it's been over 2 years without a single failure.

Also if you can do the LED reverse glow clock I'd be interested.

The moonroof switch is done the same way. Take a regular window switch and change the green for the colored LED. The wiring on the car has to be done by you.

I don't know anything about the moon roof switch or the clock LED. My car has neither so I have no way to practice or experiment.

What I meant by "more than just putting in a LED" was that you have to have a D79 connector to make the moon roof switch light up and you need a switch with the correct # of prongs on the back. Not sure how many prongs are needed for this.

Matt R, if you have no experience with the clock but feel you may be able to do the moon roof, I would be interested in the moon roof and defroster switch. Also the bulb behind the dimmer switch...is that just a simple bulb to LED swap or something more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back