• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

Oh Josh, man that must have sucked. What kind of persuasion? 2x4 and a BFH :laugh:?

Oh Josh, man that must have sucked. What kind of persuasion? 2x4 and a BFH :laugh:?

Angle grinder, cutoff wheel and a pry bar. :shrug: You do what you gotta do i guess. The sub frame definitely wasn't coming off, and the rack had to come out...

My "modifications" aren't all that obvious and certainly aren't going to affect any structural integrity.

From what you described on the phone I really wonder about some of the people now a days that consider themselves "mechnically" inclined.

No sheet hey? When everything gets finalized I'm probably gonna have a "yeah for me I'm free" party. if its too late in the fall or winter I'll probably wait til spring. BBQ and chill out, BBQ and work on cars?, BBQ and shenanigins?....i dunno it'd be nice to get everyone together and some of the crazy's from IL too.

Please do it this summer or I can try to plan a Meat Meet on a day you have off.....

My weekends i'm off are pretty much open from here til the end of august. I have a huge party on august 29th to go to in Hurtisford so that weekend is toast.

Big change of plans because of urgency and cash flow with work issues and all. Joe's bringing down a 2.5 for ginger this weekend so i can get her on the road. I have more time with the silver car so the 3L is going there.

Ginger gets a new steering rack tomorrow and i get all the prep work done for when the 2.5 gets here.

Pulling Philly's and the silver car's motors Saturday. :cool:

Hoping for Sunday/Monday installation of gingers "new" 2.5...fingers crossed.

Yes, you will be a busy dude. It will be a dirty weekend for you :eek:.

Most of them are lately. :help:

The new schedule has ginger running before next weekend, and the silver car and philly's running before July. Then it's track car time! (about time)

Cool awesome sweet....yeah so anyways It appears we are loosing our sundays again at work for this month. So I might have even more freetime....hella gay if you ask me. I'd be willing to come by on saturday to lend a hand before I go to work if you want? Just let me crash at your place in the AM after work. As long as I get 4-5 hours sleep I'm fine.

Uh oh....new motor comes tonight. Woot! :drool:

Two motors out, and one in and running Saturday? We shall see...

Got gingers new steering rack in tonight, and immediately took it back out after i destroyed it....trying another one saturday, hopefully this fitting goes in straight...:blackeye:

What kind of fitting? male female? I have taps,dies,thread files and access to thread repair kits from work. Inless you completely pulled the threads out they could be salvaged?

Back