• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

I've spent the last four shop days completely revamping the shop. Having what will be 4 cars under the knife at once, well, makes it easy to lose stuff. As of 7 tonight i'm finally done, and ready to get to work.

I took off work this Friday, with intentions of working from dusk till, well, i can't stand anymore.

Ginger's motor will be in Friday, no excuses. And philly's motor will be ported and tear down started Saturday. Saturday night, or sunday morning, I will most likely be starting to pull the silver car's motor. Philly will be delivering his car next weekend and i will get an immediate start on pulling it's motor. By this time, ginger will be running, and BLKOUT2 won't have an engine in it anymore.

Perhaps now you see why 4 days of cleaning and reorganizing was necessary. :laugh:

I'm having a very hard time not selling everything off, and just building up this silver car as a street beast, but i want my all-track car so bad i don't think i can bring myself to bail on the project.

Just a thought...maybe do one project at a time? That is insane how many of your cars ( or other peoples) will be apart or about to be apart at the same time. Yeesh! :eek: I can't believe you haven't sold everything off already. I don't mean any offense by this, but it seems like you never make any progress on anything. Thats gotta be stressful after a while?

I didn't mean it that way. What I meant was that he is constantly taking his apart and putting them back together. I just did it twice with Frosty and it was really getting me down the second time around. It sucks when your toy is either apart or not where you want it to be. Thats all I meant.

Just a thought...maybe do one project at a time? That is insane how many of your cars ( or other peoples) will be apart or about to be apart at the same time. Yeesh! :eek: I can't believe you haven't sold everything off already. I don't mean any offense by this, but it seems like you never make any progress on anything. Thats gotta be stressful after a while?

weaksauce.gif

I am about to add 2 more to my collection :blackeye:.... At least one for sure and still working out the details of the other.

I have 2 1/2 conturds :laugh:

I can't do one car at a time. They all need to be done, like yesterday. Proper planning this time around is going to be my saving grace.

Today work was nice enough to free up some of my time by cutting me down in hours...bleh....can't keep the silver car now even if i wanted to.

Josh has alot on his plate, but like i said i don't come up there evry week but I always see progress. Personally i don't think it's bad at all compared to some of the people on this site with 6-10 cars which is insane. Just too many POS's in my book to have in one yard.

:rolleyes: Yeah yeah yeah. I just see him adding more busted Tours and not getting anywhere close to where he'd like to be with his show car and his track car. I admire him for the plans he has for them all, but it seems at this rate, they'll be a collector car in the state of WI. before they're even close to where he'd like them to be. Whatever, I was just making an observation, no reason to get ones panties in a twist :laugh:

I'm hoping...more like praying that I will be free monday and tuesday night. I'm in a working sort of mood. I should also have my new front lip on my car by then. Just put 2 coats of paint on it...forgot clear of course, so back to the store for more. Not as nice as a mirko but it'll be a nice touch.

I'm hoping...more like praying that I will be free monday and tuesday night. I'm in a working sort of mood. I should also have my new front lip on my car by then. Just put 2 coats of paint on it...forgot clear of course, so back to the store for more. Not as nice as a mirko but it'll be a nice touch.

Can't wait to see it.

Assembly and install of motor/trans tomorrow. Gotta swap steering racks, then it's game on. Got a proper trans bolt set dug up today from my bin-o-bolts, and got the block all cleaned up. Hoping to have it hanging in the bay tomorrow afternoon. Took some time today as well to get the last of the loose ends in the interior tied up, and that's all done 100%. :cool:

If i can get my adapter plate in time, It should run this next weekend. It's been far too long. Not to mention that i'm sick and tired of being followed by a cop, if not pulled over AT LEAST once a week in BLKOUT2 because of the exhaust or any of the other bunch of reasons I'm a target these days. Looking forward to drawing a little less attention for a while.

Can't wait to see it.

funny story, its the wrong lip model year didn't line up right, tried to make it fit or see how close I could get it............CRACK i'm out about $60 and a few hours of my time now. oh well live and learn.

Went to swap the steering rack today, and the subframe isn't going anywhere. Then took a look at the rack, and wouldn't you know it? It's got bolt sand crap installed and changed that shouldn't be the way they are...So something's been modified or replaced before wich makes me wonder if that's where the problem lies or not. I guess i'll hit it again tomorrow.

When are you going to be up there tomorrow? I should be able to get up there around 6:30ish again. You gonna work late or what? My HIDS don't come til friday so I have nothing really to do on the car til this weekend.

Back