• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Joe's Powder Co. (pricing listed inside)

thanks bimi..... Everyone around me has at least 2" of standing water in the basement. Some have had sewage backup knee deep. I just have a "river" flowing from one side of the basement to the other :blackeye:. I don't even have a sump crock or a pump, I will after the water table drops though.

only about 1/2 our floor is wet, it is just enough to see ripples in the water moving across the floor.

SLVRFRST check yo PMs

UPDATE:
We are under water. Had sewage backup and 3 inches of :censored::censored::censored::censored:/water in the basement last night. The city is pumping the sewer into the storm drains out on the street to keep from having it backup into people's basements. I am shocked. Still no powder coating everyone, sorry.

We are really going to need to send Joe everything that isn't nailed down so he can make a few bucks and treat himself after all this mess. Let's all hope the water goes down pronto!

We are really going to need to send Joe everything that isn't nailed down so he can make a few bucks and treat himself after all this mess. Let's all hope the water goes down pronto!

Thanks Logger - it has been hectic here. Not only cleaning up my stuff, but I spent all the free time I might of had helping out other families empty their basements and tear out carpet. 22 Hrs of carpet pulling will wear your skin off your hands :nonono: Thanks for the support. - JOE

Got it... Everyone can start sending me parts again starting June 23rd (monday) - thanks for being patient.

I had done some parts for someone in 120% gloss black recently. That is a 2 coat process (black base, 120% clear over it) Everything looked great. One of the parts was dropped (not by me) and it caused the clear to crack and it was able to be peeled off! The black held up fine and is a satin single stage by itself so it is a little shiney. Looks more like a 80% gloss. BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PARTS I don't know if the clear is effected by heat and the part that cracked was never installed since coating. Keep an eye on your parts if there was clear applied. If anything seems out of place on your part, let me know. I will do everything to make it right.

I will not be doing clear unless it is requested knowing these circumstances.

Yep. No reason not too if your parts are not in an area prone to chipping, like wheels and such. I have gloss on my parts and so far so good. I am going to try a little different process to see if I can make it more durable. It can only get better from here on. I will do the black powder first and then the clear over that before I bake anything. I was doing black first, baking, then clear, and then baking again. The black must be setting up too fast, so if I bake all at once it should work. IF not then I will only bake the black coat for like 5 minutes so it gets liquidy instead of 11-12 minutes. THEN I will put the clear on and bake for the 15min it needs. It should stick better then.....

I will try out a bunch of different ways on my own parts. I will post results here.

My basement is finally drying up, so powder coating is at 100% - no more jumping over puddles! Yay!

Ben, you are about the 15th person to ask about strut braces! I'm sorry, but I can't yet. A local body shop should be able to do a wet spray on them for really cheap FYI.

Back