• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Joe's Powder Co. (pricing listed inside)

Those are for a member here, he might chime in.....

Yeah I wonder who's Cobra calipers and stuff those are anyways :shrug:

Really nice work on the parts Joe... can't wait to get them back home and on the car. It's kinda strange I guess to see parts go back ON the car instead of taking them off :laugh:

Thanks again for the work... it looks top notch ;)

Shannon

kilroy said:
03 Torch Red 10th Anniversary Cobra Convertible
A stock motor, a black blower, and a few other bolt-on's...

^^^^^ Probably going on that thing in your sig.... :D

Good doing business with ya. Thanks for putting up with me also ;).

Yo.... still here and still coating. Had some work to do, thought I would share.

T-red over gold metallic:
6-25-2009014.jpg

6-25-2009012.jpg

6-25-2009013.jpg

chrome:
6-25-2009004.jpg

6-25-2009007.jpg

6-25-2009009.jpg

silver metallic:(forgot to take a pic of the timing cover, woops)
6-25-2009010.jpg

black thermo housing:
6-25-2009006.jpg

the gold base coat before baking:
6-25-2009002.jpg

Quick question, a bit OT, but oh well. Have you thought any more about doing those tabs for the headlights and grille we chatted about at SZ? Just curious.

Yep ;) - Our plasma table is being re-slatted right now. Probably next week I should have something fabbed up. :D

You guys ever play washers?

You guys ever play washers?

It is the "poor mans horseshoes"..... I have done quite a few sets but havn't posted them here.

saftey yellow, white, kart green, and ford blue

before bake:
7-8-2009001.jpg

7-8-2009002.jpg

after bake:
7-8-2009004.jpg

If you gut it and send me the case, I could. I don't think it would warp because it wouldn't bake for long...... I havn't done one yet.

If you gut it and send me the case, I could. I don't think it would warp because it wouldn't bake for long...... I havn't done one yet.

The case can be coated, just make sure it is CLEAN and outgas it, then blast the case to remove contaniments. They tend to get alot of oil and grease soaked into them, so you get lots of differant problems if they are not cleaned and blasted.

That was really my biggest concern. The cast aluminum parts are the worst. I would probably blast, clean, outgas, blast, and clean again before coating. It will drive up the price, but it can be done. It really doesn't need to be perfect either because you don't see much of it when installed.

That was really my biggest concern. The cast aluminum parts are the worst. I would probably blast, clean, outgas, blast, and clean again before coating. It will drive up the price, but it can be done. It really doesn't need to be perfect either because you don't see much of it when installed.

I would suggest clean, outgas, blast, phosphate, primer and topcoat.

Our opinions differ on it not being perfect. If you are doing the job make it the best you can provide, customer will appreciate the effort and you will know it is quality work and not just ok. Customer gets more than they paid for.

"If you are doing the job make it the best you can provide"

I do everything I can to get parts perfect with what I have. I do not have a powdercoating facility. I am a DIY coater out of the garage that gives the best prices for any coating. If there is any imperfection in the coatings I take a picture of it and send it to the owner. I ask them if it's ok and just send it back that way and offer a discount or I re-do it and hope the defect doesn't show up again.

My operation is not "professional" and is very half-assed to be honest, but is the best bang-for-the-buck coating that anyone on here will see. The coatings look great for the equipment I use.

People would rather be spending hundreds of dollars less on the coating for an imperfection or 2, hence why I have so much business coming in. I also have $0 for overhead and don't need to pass that on.

My customers always get more than they pay for ;).

If you can handle quality work and a blemish or 2 for the best price, send it to me. If you want perfection, you might want to go somewhere else. I have hundreds of happy/very happy customers and most are from here.

Your work is nice and I have told you that on numerous occasions. I wasn't saying anything about your work or quality of product, I was trying to convey that I wouldn't say that it doesn't need to be perfect, gives the wrong impression in my opinion that you are not worried about the product being good quality.

Heck I told you before you need to charge more for the work you do:laugh:.

I didn't mean it to come off as harsh, but now reading it again it does seem to be a little.

Thanks again Collin. AND yes you do give me good feedback and I have also learned from some of your tips.

To make it clear, I strive for perfection on every part I coat. I treat it like my own. Honestly, I rarely get a "perfect" part. There is always something do deal with. I would guarantee "good"+ quality but not perfection ;) :laugh:.

Joe,
I've been thinking about sending you the new rotors/caliper adapters on my mountainbike to have then coated. Can you post up somm of your best masking jobs, bioth with masking on and after the bake and unmask?

Thanks, man:D

There are some W-body calipers I did that the guy wanted some parts masked..... They are probably 1/2 way through this thread and are black. That would be the only example of anything like that...... Show me a pic of what you have.

There are some W-body calipers I did that the guy wanted some parts masked..... They are probably 1/2 way through this thread and are black. That would be the only example of anything like that...... Show me a pic of what you have.
Thanks, Joe

These are my old, smaller rotors. They're 6". I'd like to do something along the same lines.
101_0729.jpg

Also, I'd like to do some brainstorming with you if you get the chance to PM me with some ideas on what else I can do with the bike. Just shhot me one, and I'll send you a pic of the whole bike.

Back