• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is a K&N RU-3530 + heatshield really better than a dropin K&N filter + SVT heatshield

i had a k&n make my MAF filthy as well. Only had it on for a couple thousands miles. Of course, it may not be known as a common problem because it wasnt enough to really change the way the car ran or idled, or through a code. But it was visibly dirty, and the car felt much more responsive after cleaning the MAF. I have since put a stock air box back in and a crappy paper filter. I noticed zero difference in butt dyno power with the K&N and MAF adaptor compared to stock airbox and paper filter

Why cant you modify the sqaure box and the maf housing to fit a cone filter inside of it? Im sure if you could find a narrow filter you can make it fit and suck cold air from the fender. I did this with my lincoln mark viii. Not to mention it looks sleeper and factory. I need a new filter so Im going to see what I can come up with... Even if I find another vehicles box to accomodate the cone such as the focus box. I have magical hands....:crazy:

Back