• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: Subframe Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
so just to be clear, once the 15 have been gathered we send our $25 deposit and then the remaining $100 to get them shipped to us right?

hopefully we get that 15!!

--Mac

this is an interest check. once we get 15 interested people, ill start a new thread, or just modify this one, and begin the GB.

pics add to the original post

Would you ship to the UK? And what lead time you looking at? Prob wont have spare cash for the car until March time now :( But I'm in if you will ship!

1. Rance
2. HgCougar
3. The Digital Slacker
4. UKFAN50
5. Mac
6. Marney

I might be interested the same as Marney if you would ship to the uk??

I would need to check that they would fit mine as it is 4wd so not sure if the sub frame is different.

davey

Would you ship to the UK? And what lead time you looking at? Prob wont have spare cash for the car until March time now :( But I'm in if you will ship!

I might be interested the same as Marney if you would ship to the uk??

I would need to check that they would fit mine as it is 4wd so not sure if the sub frame is different.

davey

yes, we can ship to the UK no problem. it might even be cheaper if you guys have yours shipped together, if youre near each of course... if youre far apart, then it probably wouldnt be too beneficial

im looking online right now and it says about $110... but it might exceed the length limit. each country has limits for what they will accept for packages. i can also check with my fedex international rep. she gets me some killer shipping rates!

PM me your UK address and ill see what she says.

also, it might be cheaper/easier if we send the bars in half. basically without the weld in the middle. so you get it as 4 pieces. then just have them welded together over there, then welded onto the car. very simple.. that way we could fit them in a decent sized box. the boxes we used for the full length sets were basically two 6x6x36 boxes facing each other and taped together. not exactly the best way, especially for a loong trip.

Thanks for the pics, i'm in.

1. Rance
2. HgCougar
3. The Digital Slacker
4. UKFAN50
5. Mac
6. Marney
7. LocoLobo

1. Rance
2. HgCougar
3. The Digital Slacker
4. UKFAN50
5. Mac
6. Marney
7. LocoLobo
8. 98csvtrob
9. kpeeks

As long as they don't weigh 50 lbs each...

15lbs each ;)

actually i believe a little less. iirc, with the boxes, they weighed in at like 28lbs on average. id always just put 30 to play it safe, not that it makes a whole lot difference in the shipping..

main thing to remember is that they need to be installed while the car is resting on its wheels...you gotta make sure the shop who installs them has a lift that would allow for this...

correct. the car needs to be sitting on a drive on lift, so all four wheels are sitting "on the ground".

1. Rance
2. HgCougar
3. The Digital Slacker
4. UKFAN50
5. Mac
6. Marney
7. LocoLobo
8. 98csvtrob
9. kpeeks
10. CrewChiefPro
11. Nezerconezer

I have these guys and they are a VERY nice improvement, I recommend it and would definitely do it over.
Tightens the car up nicely and finally gives a place to jack our cars!
A couple notes:
1) Prep, primer and paint them before you take them to the installer. They can wire brush the paint off where they need to weld and then you should respray over the welds as they will rust. Powdercoat would be great but my installer hated grinding off the PC for welding on my Cobras SFCs so I just painted these well.
2) DRIVE-ON LIFT ONLY as mentioned
3) the drivers rear most attachment gets REALLY close to the exhaust bend around the gas tank and my stock exhaust touched. Just an FYI for those with 2.5" aftermarket exhaust. If I were doing it over, I would have notched that part and rewelded but I redid the exhaust anyway and it clears fine now.

also, it might be cheaper/easier if we send the bars in half. basically without the weld in the middle. so you get it as 4 pieces. then just have them welded together over there, then welded onto the car. very simple.. that way we could fit them in a decent sized box. the boxes we used for the full length sets were basically two 6x6x36 boxes facing each other and taped together. not exactly the best way, especially for a loong trip.

Steve:
I bought a set left over from an old GB and that's how they came, in 4 peices. May make your life easier, cheaper shipping and doesn't really make it any hard for the install.
And dude, how did someone install them backward :help:
-J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back