• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

imrc help missing part!!

sweet91accord

CEG'er
i just got a 98 svt contour i was looking under the hood. i notice the imrc is missing is not there the check engine is not on it. i dont even know were imrc how it hook up i know that imrc is not there please help me out some one:shrug:

first lets establish that u do indeed know what the imrc is. the black plastic piece in the front of the motor that has the words "2.5L special vehicle team V6 DOHC" has to be taken off to see it. the imrc itself is a silver box thats bolted on. and please try n use some punctuation. its kinda difficult to figure out what u're saying.

the black cover that you are talking about is not there i see the plug were the the silver goes. i know is the imrc because i when to the dealer and see the pic that how i know the name of it but the dealer coulnt tell me if my svts come with it. they is no check engine light on .about 38rpm it pull. so i need help bad and anyone have pic how to hook it up i want to order a new one

the black cover that you are talking about is not there i see the plug were the the silver goes. i know is the imrc because i when to the dealer and see the pic that how i know the name of it but the dealer coulnt tell me if my svts come with it. they is no check engine light on .about 38rpm it pull. so i need help bad and anyone have pic how to hook it up i want to order a new one

punctuations please! i'm not trying to be a jerk, but its hard to read ur post. if u're sure u dont have an imrc, then the check engine light should be on. if no light, then its been deleted. it is possible to do that in a tune. if ur svt drives fine then u shouldnt worry about it. if u really want to re-install the imrc, first have the car retuned with its addition. the CEL will then come on. second, install the imrc. heres the how-to...
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...d=allposts&Main=757505&Search=true#Post757505

do you think it might be possible that someone gutted the Lower Intake and took it off completely. That"s the first thing that comes to mind if there isn't any top end power loss.

I did the same thing, removed my IMRC and stuck the secondaries open. But guess what? Still no power hit @ ~3200 RPM. I mean at first couple of time there was a obvious power increase at 3200 RPM, but totally went away, and the engine feels flat. You need the IMRC to communicate with the ECU and "tell" that the secondaries are open so the ECU will increase the amount of fuel sent to the injectors. Without any feedback from the IMRC the ECU won`t do :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:, and gutting the secondaries (or stucking them open) won`t help. Unless you erase the IMRC`s functionality from the ECU, but I don`t know anybody who can do that so...

sweet91accord, here`s a pic of the linkage, with the IMRC cable attached. The linkage is right below your throttle body.
DSCF1507.jpg

I cannot edit my own post. For the record, that creepy hand is not mine, its a pic found on the web :)

I did the same thing, removed my IMRC and stuck the secondaries open. But guess what? Still no power hit @ ~3200 RPM.

The hit occurs when the linkage goes from closed to open - so you're OBVIOUSLY not going to get a surge if the linkage is just stuck open.

Goes without saying.

Oh yes you will. Don`t even try telling me I otherwise, because when I first felt that sudden power hit EVERYONE was talking about I couldn`t wipe the grin off my face :) And my linkage was stuck open, because I bought the car with a broken IMRC. But it didn`t last, it was like the ECU learned that there is no IMRC and adapted. It still doesn`t work, unless I disconnect the battery and then go for a spin, but it doesnt last for more than 2 or 3 engine starts, the 4th time I fire up the car and go, it is not there anymore...untill I disconnect the battery again. I am about to fix my IMRC anyway, but got other stuff to worry about right now so I don`t have the time.

somewhat correct,what your also feeling when the secondaries open is the change in timing,i.e increase in power. if the imrc box was removed w/out anytuning,than your ecu is going to pull timing. have you checked to see if the cel bulb was removed?

Exactly, the power surge is due to increase of airflow in the cylinders when all the intake ports open, but it is also because the ECU changes the timing. The IMRC isn`t removed, it is plugged in (the cable is also hooked up), I just pulled the linkage fully open. My cel bulb is certainly removed because I`ve made the mistake of buying the car from a boy racer and developed quite a few problems right after I bought it, a blowing head gasket would be the most important (only half compression on cylinder #3), and I`m sure that because of this i`d had at least an O2 sensor check if i`d pull the codes, but still no cel. Before I fix the IMRC got the replace one head gasket, and then that problematic transistor inside the IMRC (which was dying anyway, would only work when the engine was cold, but last time I checked it was dead even with a cold engine). With all this crap, I`m not even expecting the engine to develop full power, and when I drive it, untill got the head gasket replaced (it just blows, no oil and coolant mix, no smoke) i just keep it under 3000 rpms anyway.

I cannot edit my own post. For the record, that creepy hand is not mine, its a pic found on the web :)

Ahem, thank you for acknowledging my creepiness. I had to look twice at the name because I didn't remember posting that in here. But it is on the site.

punctuations please! i'm not trying to be a jerk, but its hard to read ur post. if u're sure u dont have an imrc, then the check engine light should be on. if no light, then its been deleted. it is possible to do that in a tune. if ur svt drives fine then u shouldnt worry about it. if u really want to re-install the imrc, first have the car retuned with its addition. the CEL will then come on. second, install the imrc. heres the how-to...
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...d=allposts&Main=757505&Search=true#Post757505

Dude, you should talk. Lack of capitals and lots of "ur" in your posts. :p

When you turn the key to the "run" position, the CEL illuminates, along with several other warning lights on the dash. This is how you can tell for sure if your CEL actually works or not.
The warning lights are on, but no CEL. I don`t even know where its supposed to be because i cant recall seeing it coming on. I don`t think it is blown, I am certain it was just removed. When I bought the car I knew NOTHING about it, nothing about the IMRC and the other common problems, everything i know now is because of the problems ive had, so I had to learn. I`m not complaining tho`, this car is an experience i had to have :help:
Ahem, thank you for acknowledging my creepiness. I had to look twice at the name because I didn't remember posting that in here. But it is on the site.
OMG, is that you? You can do Jim Carrey`s "the CLAW" thingie from "Liar Liar" but actually induce fear in everyone for real, not just a kid :)

Uhm, just kidding man, and I am sorry if I offended you, it was just a joke, but I guess it didn`t come out right. I knew it was a pic posted either from a CEG-er or someone from NECO, because these 2 are the only forums dedicated to the V6 that i`m reading. Actually I`d be honored if I could shake your and each help giving hand on these boards, but atm I can only say thanks and say sorry for my stupid jokes.

Back