• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: Subframe Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
ok guys, been about 2 years or so since we did a GB on these things. we probably have a whole new batch of owners by now who dont have these lol.

these are weld in subframe connectors. steel bars that weld to the bottom of your car and keep it from flexing like a wet noodle. these were initially designed by the infamous Sho Shop who knew wtf they were doing, despite being piss poor at running a business :nonono: i bought a set just before the final nail was put in the coffin. then saw there was some demand for them.

we did TWO exceptionally successful GBs for them. these are all hand made in my buddy's backyard lol. all in all, it took about 2 months or so from starting the GB to finally getting them in people's hands.

this is a damn good bang for the buck suspension mod! when i ordered mine, i actually ordered a ftsb from Sho Shop and Vadim advised me to get the SFCs instead. he said they'd make FAR more of a difference. and boy to they! not only that, but they make incredible jacking points for the car now. you can jack your car up at ANY spot on the SFC and it will lift BOTH wheels off the ground on that side. THAT'S how stiff they make the car! some times, when you pull into a driveway just right, you will doing a little 3 wheel motion! lol.

STIFF is good! not only for better handling but it helps with any creaking your car may have. when i took my terminator buddy for a ride in my csvt, he said "oh , this car's stiffer than my cobra!" lol

these weld right onto the car. they do not block anything at all. they dont block the exhaust, trans or anything else. they do not stick down so low that you will hit things with them. i have scraped mine on some large speedbumps but my car is slammed.

we were selling these for $150 shipped within the 48. we have shipped them to HI, AK, Canada and even to our buddy Ronan in Ireland for his mondeo(?). we should be able to keep the price the same as long as the steel hasnt gone up in price.

the last GB (#2) we even offered a "boxed in" option for those that wanted the ends fully sealed in.

we used the extra metal to custom make some for my cobra as well. i did a battery relocation kit in my cobra and let me tell you that SFCs are definitely the way to route the power wire! :cool:

this is a BIG project and a lot of work. lots of metal, lots of saw blades, lots of time and lots of shipping. so we'd need to get a decent number of people on board in order to make it happen. id like to get at least 15 people on board to make it a GO.

you can get these welded in for anywhere from $50 to $100. they NEED to be installed on a drive on lift. NOT a 2 post lift. the suspension needs to be loaded. if you have a buddy with a lift, and you can weld, youre golden!
*for local/so cal guys, johntheSHOguy who makes these with me has a lift in his driveway and can weld them in. he's done it for a few local CEGers for just $50 :cool:

i know times are tough, so im flexible. and id like to get as many people as possible as well. so im willing to get people in with just a deposit. id need JUST a $25 non-refundable deposit to get you in. the balance would be due when theyre ready to ship. im so flexible, that ill even give you 4 weeks from that date to come up with the balance. after that, you forfeit the deposit.

tax return time is coming and this one of THE best bang for your buck mods you can do. even to a bone stock csvt!

post up if youre interested. this is just an interest check for right now. if we get enough people on board, ill have this closed and post up a new thread for the real deal.

if you want in, just say so and i will add your name to the list.

1. Rance
2. HgCougar
3. kpeeks
4. theDigitalSlacker
5. Tracedyahxy
6. 98csvtrob
7. UKFAN50
8. MAC
9. ParkPlace
10. Marney
11. JKYoder
12. LoboLoco
13. 98csvtrob
14. kpeeks
15. CrewChiefPro
16. Nezerconezer
17. scottydsntknow

i had to dig in the archives to find the last SFC GB we did to see if there were pics. found them on an old photobucket account i forgot i had lol
100_0564.jpg

100_0563.jpg

100_0570.jpg

100_0568.jpg

100_0567.jpg

100_0565.jpg

i shouldnt have rattle canned them first because there needs to be bare metal where the welds will go. and yes, i know the welds arent the greatest. i had them installed at some little mexican exhaust shop. but they do the job just fine and havent had any issues at all.

in the last GB we added an option to box the ends in for those that wanted this done. im sure we can do that again this time as well.

if any of you guys are regulars on FCO or NECO please post up a thread there with a link. it could possibly help get this going.

Do you have an pic of the product. Im interested but just want to make sure im not paying $150 for 2 pieces of rectangular tubing that i can pick up at a local building materials store.

I didnt put mine on since the last group buy LOL. Going on once I paint the car, the body shop is gonna weld them in. Can we also include the how to do this! LOL

do you have any pictures of them installed or even without them installed so i can get an idea of how the welding is done/know how much welding is needed?

Do you have an pic of the product. Im interested but just want to make sure im not paying $150 for 2 pieces of rectangular tubing that i can pick up at a local building materials store.

they are just to pieces of rectangular tubing :shrug:

but theyre pretty thick and have the proper angle in the middle. theyre sorta shaped like this > but not to a wider degree angle. they also have a riser in the rear which is necessary for the mounting point.

ill dig up some pics of the bars and some installed pics as well.

i was working under stazi/ryan's old turbo car and saw our subframe connectors.....on BACKWARDS!! lmfao!! but theyre still welded in good and will do the job. just thought it was funny. stazi SWEARS he didnt install them but i dont believe him. you know how those Aussies do everything backwards down there :laugh:

man so many good GB's right now!

all my money is tied up in R&R right now or i would buy these for my project car.

these will provide a great place to jack up the car if you happen to not have jackpoint covers on your side skirts...:laugh:

good luck man

man so many good GB's right now!

all my money is tied up in R&R right now or i would buy these for my project car.

these will provide a great place to jack up the car if you happen to not have jackpoint covers on your side skirts...:laugh:

good luck man

maybe a parts swap :cool: with some extra cash on my side of course..

i scanned one of my photobucket accounts for awhile last night. found a so so pic. i know i have better ones somewhere. ill find them and post them up.

Gb

Gb

I'm in for a set! I also live near LA, so if the socal guy is down to weld mine in for $50, then sign me up!

1. Rance
2. HgCougar
3. The Digital Slacker
4. UKFAN50
5. Mac

so just to be clear, once the 15 have been gathered we send our $25 deposit and then the remaining $100 to get them shipped to us right?

hopefully we get that 15!!

--Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back