• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: Carbon Fiber/Fiberglass Pre98 trunk lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not mind the wait at all, I prefer quality over time. It gives us all more time to save (like Mikey said). I am checking the GB as much as I can to see what is new on the pre98 trunks. :laugh:

will the license plate insert piece be included in the modeled piece, or will it be separate? and could you do a trunk with license plate insert/spoiler all as one piece? sorry if i'm asking a recurring question.... i didn't read all the pages.

There is 12" of snow outside my garage, and my garage is about 4degF. So... yes the GB is on hold until the weather is warm enough to work with the resin and gel coats in my garage. I do have a garage heater, but unfortunately I only have a two stall garage and it houses my torn down SVT and my wifes Mazda3. My wife takes her car in and out at least twice a day so I can not maintain the needed temp to have the parts cure. So until spring comes around I won't have the space to finish the mold and start making pieces.

As for the other question. As it is right now I will have the trunk all one piece with an available bolt on spoiler, which will require holes to be drilled to install.

So let me understand. This pre 98 will direct bolt to a 00 model right.? And all I need to get extra is the lights that mount into this. Everything else is included? Will this bolt to my stock hinges? If so, I want one too!

So let me understand. This pre 98 will direct bolt to a 00 model right.? And all I need to get extra is the lights that mount into this. Everything else is included? Will this bolt to my stock hinges? If so, I want one too!

Yes to all of your questions. Or you can wait to see what I come up with for tail lights ;), but that will probably be a while after I have the trunks done.

interested in price,for a fiborglass one, no point in having cf if its getting painted.

Ok, so whats the lead time? And so you are looking at how much to ship?

Depends on how things go with the mold. Won't know anything about pricing or shipping until I build some.

interested in price,for a fiborglass one, no point in having cf if its getting painted.

I'll be working on fiberglass versions after the CF. I want to get the CF finished first as that is what is going on my car. I just figured I'd offer this up for sale since I've gone through the trouble of making the mold and also since there has never been a pre98 CF trunk made before.

Soon enough. The weather is looking better, but it keeps dropping down and we keep getting snow :nonono: Shouldn't be to much longer before I can get back to this.

Just let me know Mike when you start on this, I am very interested.

Again, this is the trunk lid with spoiler I would be interested in Carbon Fiber.

97_ford_contour_se-2..jpg

Just let me know Mike when you start on this, I am very interested.

Again, this is the trunk lid with spoiler I would be interested in Carbon Fiber.

Which is the trunk that this GB was started for...

However that said the spoiler will be a seperate piece that will require holes to be drilled for it to be mounted. As some people are not a fan of the spoiler, so this method will please everyone.

The original pre98 spoilers have like 4 mounting bolts and double sided tape. If you are worried about putting holes in your trunk lid then just tape the lip spoiler on. It should hold very well with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back