• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Daytime Running Lights Disable on 99 SE Contour

yeah bule.... it was a sad few weeks for all of us.

BTW... your profile is EFFED. i cant PM or VM you.. and our convo is gone
thats what I thought how do I fix it or is every body in the boat:shrug:

ok I checked all the fuse's (10 amp under hood) all are good besides if one was bad then they wouldn't work with DRL's or not .When I started this project everything was working proper. I also allready have a working fog light mod. So when I put in the relay (autozone special) and turned on the car I had working DRL's but when I turned on the highbeams only the passanger side high beam worked. Fog lights work ok lowbeams ok just no driver side high beam with DRL mod:shrug:

ok I checked all the fuse's (10 amp under hood) all are good besides if one was bad then they wouldn't work with DRL's or not .When I started this project everything was working proper. I also allready have a working fog light mod. So when I put in the relay (autozone special) and turned on the car I had working DRL's but when I turned on the highbeams only the passanger side high beam worked. Fog lights work ok lowbeams ok just no driver side high beam with DRL mod:shrug:

and both your high beams still work when DRL only?

I don't have daytime running lights on mine 99se. I have to turn the lights on to have them. What is different with yours and mine?

I don't have daytime running lights on mine 99se. I have to turn the lights on to have them. What is different with yours and mine?

those of us that have drls have added the relay to let them work. stock your car doesn't have the relay.

The DRL use the high beams in a series circuit, so if one burns out, you have no DRL until you replace the burnt out high beam, but you still have the other high beam when you turn on your regular lights. Now if I remember correctly, with the headlight switch off with DRL, if a high beam burns out, the high beam indicator in your dash blinks.

FWIW...

Does somebody have the picture of which slots I can run the jumper to disable my DRLs but still use my high beams? Looked through the thread but if it was posted I missed it. I am on mobile tho :\

Does somebody have the picture of which slots I can run the jumper to disable my DRLs but still use my high beams? Looked through the thread but if it was posted I missed it. I am on mobile tho :\

There should be a picture I found searching google in this thread. I can see the image in the google search but its blocked when I open the page.
http://www.ericthecarguy.com/mobile...95-ford-contour-no-crank-no-start-no-anything

The jumper is parallel to the engine, ie across the car when looking at it from the front.

Back