• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

im blown

well we have the new couplers put on heavy duty ones and here is a vid

yes she is running hott. yes the speedo isnt working. why and why i dont know. thas why im about to go back outside and work on her somemore

enjoy its a 2nd gear pull..35-65ish
http://media.putfile.com/S7300280

thats what ill be doing later. gunna jack her up again and get under ther and figure it out. just did some gear pulls and pulls like a mofo in 2-5th no 1st gear runs yet wanna break in clutch lol yep but boosting around 6-7psi running hot around the L of normal but dunno if thats normal since its blowing hot air in instead of it being intercooled which it will be next year after techschool prob dec 08 jan 09

No it shouldn't. You know I might not have even hooked up that VSS. I made a mental note but I don't remember doing it. You might get under there & see the plug hanging! :blackeye:

Last edited:
yea ill find out in awhile if its hooked up or not. also i gotta get this car running cooler. got the right antifreeze/water mix and water wetter. trying to figure out why so hot. the fuel/air mix is off ...need tune and dyno tune but other then that she feels fine. its rich so i dont care all that much. rather run rich then lean. it SHOULD be getting enough fuel with that huge gas pump and im guessing the FMU could be having some issues. Anyone know anything bout the vortech FMU is it a peice or what?

well i know im postwhoreing but cleaned her up today and took some nice shots enjoy......the interior is still going under big changes...look for all black leather and black fiberglass'ed console once im back from basic/tech
S7300289.jpg

S7300292.jpg

S7300334.jpg

S7300324.jpg

S7300320.jpg

S7300318.jpg

Last edited:
well my flex couplings got ate up again.

jackshaft is bent slightly which means rotation isnt correct. it wobbles a tad bit which is enough to f*** everything up. im done till i get back from tech school. going to get my machine shop to fab me one.

Dude this sucks but keep at it & you'll get it. I know that you'll be thinking about it while you're gone!

^He better not, he better be thinking of getting through each day while he is away and staying out of the instructors line of sight,lol

Back