• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

im blown

When you pull it apart you are probably going to see this:
l_0fc272f2cf95ae369fd549188ad4291f.jpg

l_05034b171560b63916be8bc8c9439a90.jpg

Even though the KnuKonceptz shaft helps, it never eliminated the splines and there for was only a bandaid. Get w/ Stazi about converting it to a flex coupler setup.

i dont have those type of splines.:shrug: mine are couplers that are pressed on and then a screw to tighten them. if they have become loose im getting them welded on and then balanced by my machine shop

This unit has the Stazi fix. This is Pete's old blower... from Rev Po Jay. Perhaps that fix was not strong enough?

awesome. ppl no more about this kit then i do lol. well im getting the couplings welded on by my machine shop see if that'll do. ill prob get them to balance the shaft also

awesome. ppl no more about this kit then i do lol. well im getting the couplings welded on by my machine shop see if that'll do. ill prob get them to balance the shaft also

From what I understand.... Just what has been told to me second hand about the fix... A new shaft is inserted into the jackshaft and those couplers are bolted down to it. I should assume that welding the couplers and shaft will alleviate the problem. Were you romping on it when it stopped boosting?

i wasnt roomping at all

i eased into boost...and let me tell you....im a cautious person. i EASED into it. guess they still came loose anyways...ill keep everyone updated as i find out whats wrong with her. ill get the the coupleings welded and jackshaft balanced(if it can be:shrug: )

well yeah...my couplers came loose while one got tighter and decided to strip out and shave each other....the yellow plastic thingy is MIA and replaced by lots of metal shaving......to my machine shop i go:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

im taking them the entire unit again and then having new metal(steel or somthing of the likes) made and welded on to the shaft....thank you for the page and ill run it by them

well yeah...my couplers came loose while one got tighter and decided to strip out and shave each other....the yellow plastic thingy is MIA and replaced by lots of metal shaving......to my machine shop i go:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

hmm, there really isn't much torque on the system to do that under normal circumstances. How freely does the blower spin?? I'm wondering if the oil line popping off while running may have played a part. even at idle everything is spinning at a high rate so the possibility is there.

This should be posted when kids come on asking about S/Cing. If you have means to dink with it then more power to anyone with it. Unless you pick one up cheap then get a Turbo kit.

def do not pick up this kit unless you wanna spend blood, money, sweat over making it work properly. this kit isnt as good as the turbo's.. DUH. but yeah if ya got the time to tinker with one and ya pick it up cheap go for it.

Back