• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

If an SVT just rolled off the show room floor, I think it might look like this.

It Happends

It Happends

x2....sounds a little fishy. If they are new parts why would he dump extra $ into it that he most likely wouldn't get back from the sale :ponder:. Cleaning and detailing before the sale is one thing but a new steering wheel, possibly a new shift nob, possibly new mats, etc. Hmm

Many times I had to put $$$$$ into some car and then sell it at a loss! My 66 mustang for instance, had engine rebuilt (Long Story) and sold it the next week. Sometimes you'v just had enough!

Either way great find. When are you going to tell us what you
paid? :laugh:

Yea how much?????????????????????????????????????

Tom, you know nobody can touch your tropic green svt. :D Its probably the nicest tropic green svt on this forum.

A turbo kit for this car would be cool, although if I could afford one, I would fix my SE instead. Right now, I need something reliable, and I think in the long run, someone would rather by a stock SVT in excellent condition. SVT's are getting harder and harder to find in good shape since they are ending up in kids hands.

Yeah but the kit is Bolt-On! :D
Save your old parts if you sell it. Also it is extremely reliable. I put my reputation on this business partnership with Joey and the kit. It is my reputation on the capabilities of the stock motors that makes this kit so attractive and in order to keep it that way I'm providing an excellent base tune for FREE with the kit! :cool: This is because I believe the tunes are almost the most important part of the turbo kit.

I've said it before, built motors with forged/aftermarket parts have not proven more reliable than stock motors AND they've yet to really significantly outperform them either. Maybe it is just the shops that are doing it or maybe it is the "recommended" specs for use in our engine are not correct. :shrug:
So personally you should slap a new 3L block into your car (SE) and sell your forged stuff, then drive it around as a daily. Or sell it for some pretty decent money. I'd definitely fix the SE while I drove the SVT, then I'd swap and drive the SE while I turbo'd my SVT. That's when I'd sell my SE.

As for the SVT, I can agree if you wanted to keep it perfectly stock. Its a beautiful car...but cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed.

If it is just a question of reliability? I'm pretty sure that a 7psi kit would be daily reliable for years.
Whatever you do, good luck!

If he has a turbo kit on his other car, why would he want to buy another for this one? Wouldn't it be easier to just use that one before selling his SE?

Back