• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

If an SVT just rolled off the show room floor, I think it might look like this.

The original owner did keep towels on the floormats, so thats why they look new. As for the shift knob and steering wheel, he must have had baby's hands. If he did have them replaced, I would have the receipt for it since he gave me all that stuff.

Any pics of the underbody? Like suspension pieces, subframe, etc? I'd be real curious to see how those things look! ...the parts you can't wash and wax

but amazing find!

Wow, that is truly amazing!! That brings tears to my eyes. Congrats on finding a T-Green in such unabused shape. :drool:

That is ridiculous, ive never seen a car with that many miles look so clean.
That guy must be pretty anal about that kind of stuff.
I thought I was until I saw that car.

Amazing find. Congrats!

My Maxima has 93K miles and apart from a tiny bit of dirt on the driver's side floormat (which can be replaced) the interior looks brand new.

But with that many miles, I am VERY impressed with the exterior of that SVT. It looks gorgeous!!

I say we all chip in the $ to "buy" it from you, then have it shrink wrapped, put in storage and some years down the road when we are all old farts we can get together and reminesce of the days of the SVT Contour. :D

Beautiful car. Congrats!!! Now time for the Nautualis kit! :)

Whatever became of your SE? Still for sale?

Last edited:
The original owner did keep towels on the floormats, so thats why they look new. As for the shift knob and steering wheel, he must have had baby's hands. If he did have them replaced, I would have the receipt for it since he gave me all that stuff.
Now that you say that, I distinctly remember a green CSVT for sale several years ago in the classifieds. The owner actually posted in the General forum asking why his car wasn't selling, and a lot of people chimed in saying he was asking too much. I said I was intimidated with his meticulousness, stating as example the towels on the floormats (which he had pictured). Now I'm wishing I had saved the photos.

Maybe the same car? Maybe he kept it back then instead of selling?

how does that thing have 100k on it? What a beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL find...that looks absolutely brand new

That has to be...

That has to be...

...the cleanest, stock CSVT in the country:shocked: BTW Jim, thanks for the "Roger Rexroade" treatment comment, its much appreciated and I must say well deserved because that car does look like something I would've owned because that car was touched atleast every other day for its entire life to look like that:cool: and believe me, I touched my car EVERYDAY in some way shape or form and that car is truely UNBELIEVEABLE!!! Now, I know your going to be replacing that stock water pump, right...remember SZ02':cry: I'm glad you got such a nice car and plan on leaving it bone stock because I've always considered you and your brother Scott to be "true" CEG-ers and that car is a "shinning" example of that, good luck with it and can't wait to see it inperson next weekend!

I would love to be able to ditch my se for a find like that. Freakin sweet. I've always love the csvt cars but I ended up buying am se so that my wife could drive it. Since it was an atx.

Now that she has the Fusion I want to find me a csvt.

How come your selling the 96'?

If you don't mind me asking, what did this find cost you?

Beautiful car. Congrats!!! Now time for the Nautualis kit! :)

Whatever became of your SE? Still for sale?

Yup, its still for sale. Sitting in the garage with a spun rod bearing. :cry: The 96 was my daily driver and only car since my brother took the 00 SVT. I immediately had to find a car, so I bought this one. Im selling the 96 to pay this one off.

Robert, I picked it up for $5,000.

Yeah, I noticed that too when I bought it. I'll have to ask the original owner if he did that. Maybe the dealership just put it on there when he bought it. I dont know. :shrug:

And Goonz, I probably will end up changing the waterpump just to safe.

Jim beautiful car!

Also, the SVTs never suffered from the waterpump issues like the earlier contours because they came with the updated white impeller pump. At least 99+ did, so I know yours did. You can leave it I'd think.

What it really needs is a bolt-on turbo kit.....
:shrug:
what can I say, I love the stock look but need more than stock power. A bolt on turbo kit could be removed if you ever wanted to. :laugh:

Back