• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

If an SVT just rolled off the show room floor, I think it might look like this.

My 95 was in similar shape when I got it with 120K on it. It was professionaly detailed once a year, oil changed every 3-4K miles, all records kept. It was in perfect shape but the floor mats were not quite as clean. NIce pick up.

DROOL!!!!!!!!:drool: :drool:

Am I ever jealous!!!!! You picked up a nice find!!!! It's cars like that, that renew my love for my T-Green :) I love washing mine and pretending it's brand new! Congrats on the steal!!!

interior011.jpg

uhhh Gangster lean?

Been hanging out with shizapoo lately?

My E0 had one pipe that was pushed in and lower than the other. Sort of like Black 98's eye's.

Last edited:
Jim, that is a (I hate you) remarkable find. The car is (I hate you) phenominal. I really have a hard time with the steering wheel, shift knob, and pedal covers being in the shape they are at 100km but maybe if he used towels on the mats, he drove with gloves too.:confused: Oh, BTW, did I mention that I hate you? God, that car is unbelievable.

And I agree with warmonger, with your experience and know-how, I'd be seriously thinking about a turbo. The car could be a real sleeper.

Last edited:
Tom, you know nobody can touch your tropic green svt. :D Its probably the nicest tropic green svt on this forum.

A turbo kit for this car would be cool, although if I could afford one, I would fix my SE instead. Right now, I need something reliable, and I think in the long run, someone would rather by a stock SVT in excellent condition. SVT's are getting harder and harder to find in good shape since they are ending up in kids hands.

I'm mad... No words other than what you said, looks like it just came off the showroom floor!:drool: Oh and I found something that's weird about his 99 CSVT that's not the same as mine. On his trunk lid it says Contour on the left side, and SVT on the right. Mine just says SVT on the left side(Pic Below), whats up with that?:shrug:
2528810_47_full.jpg

Last edited:
I'm mad... No words other than what you said, looks like it just came off the showroom floor!:drool: Oh and I found something that's weird about his 99 CSVT that's not the same as mine. On his trunk lid it says Contour on the left side, and SVT on the right. Mine just says SVT on the left side(Pic Below), whats up with that?:shrug:

gotta read as it was talked about already ...

Back