• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: morette headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope you enjoyed your trip back in time mikey:). Seriously tho, did they just give up or what:shrug:? prevous posts said they were having fitment issues. if you ask me, looks like yours fit:srug:

They fit so good on mine but they wanted to see them on other contours. so here they are on Pole's SE...
picture.JPG

The morettes were perfect on his car too. The only thing that needed to be done was to cut two quarter size holes into the top of the bumper which they didnt do on pole's car so thats why they are riding up a bit. The rest of the housing was spot on!

They took that first set back with them to France to start the process of mass producing the contour morette. I was happy. They sent me a set of prototypes to test on my car and give them feedback...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

my only problem with the new lights was that the drivers side didnt seem to fit as nice as the first set. The first set that they brought back to france with them were perfect and these were awesome but not perfect.

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

25lbs.... geez I would guess that both these headlights might weigh 8lbs at the most.
i dont know how much morrettes weigh but out stock headlights probably weigh about 8lbs each but even if it was a 5lb box i doubt its gonna bring the price down that much.:shrug:

Morette goes to SEMA...
picture.JPG

A poster featuring the contour morettes on my svt were showcased at SEMA. They had a set of prototypes there too.

The fitment issue with the lights was unresolved and they thought it might just be a bad fit on my car. I fitted them on Wa2tuff's car at the ESOB and the lights fit exactly on Tom's car as they did on mine...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

ooooh! i see the fitment issues they're talking about. they aren't exactly snug fitting. i'd still take em tho:). my stock lights don't fit well either. there's about an inch gap between headlight and fender.

I see some area's were some light,and prob. not noticeable triming could of occured to make them fight better. than combined w/my front end bra...eh,you'd never notice the fitment:shrug:

So, thats where we have been stuck since then. The first set of prototypes were perfect, and the second not perfect. Whatever went wrong between the two was when they sent me the second set. Was the issue ever corrected? i dont know. One thing I will say is, I am no bodyshop guy, but I bet with a little work the second set would have been mint as well.

Morette France and Morette USA are the pinnicle of automotive aftermarket lighting. They produce an awesome product for countless makes and models of cars. I would not hesitate to buy a product from them if it were to be made available for the contour. This whole experience is something i wont soon forget. Patrick and Harold are great people and i hope that they are able to make this happen for the contour. We will see.

picture.JPG

I'm interested! Will they come with the optics? Any chance they'll sell just the housings (with turn signal)? As with the prior posts... did they mention anything about the fit? Also, how soon do they want to move on this?

I would occasionally email them saying to just release the the kit as "off-road only". Not once did I ever get a reply though.

I'm interested! Will they come with the optics? Any chance they'll sell just the housings (with turn signal)? As with the prior posts... did they mention anything about the fit? Also, how soon do they want to move on this?

I would occasionally email them saying to just release the the kit as "off-road only". Not once did I ever get a reply though.

wow thats weird i got my questions answered to me very prompt. i don't know how fast they want to move on this. i sent an e-mail bout the gb and should be getting a reply soon. i will send an e-mail asking bout the fit and if they'll sell just the housing. i'll keep everyone informed about what they say.

Last edited:
Those are fricken sweet... Mikey when was the first set of pics taken. I mean how long have you had the lights and how have they been holding up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back