• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: morette headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdbsbl8

CEG'er
ok guys i have been e-mailing ryan from morette th past few days and i found out that the morette headlights were produced for the contour. although they were never DOT certified, they are for off road use only. now i have been told that they can be produced. so this is to see how many people would be intrested in purcashing some. the price would be bout $486.00 plus a $100.00 for shipping. i have sent him an e-mail seeing if we can gt a discount for a group buy, he replys back quick so i'll keep you guys posted.

for those of you that don't know what morettes are
http://www.morette.com/us/contour_test.htm

also if you any question post them here or contact them.
http://www.morette.com/contact_us/MAIN/HTM/MAIN CONTACT US.htm

Last edited:
if a group buy price is offered i'd def'n consider it. i'll be going back to work soon enough:shrug:

Ask him if they ever got the fitment issues corrected. I'm not so sure they ever did before they kinda just gave up on it.

You won't have to do any mods to the car itself. They were having trouble getting the gap to the fender lined up and looking good.

That's the last I recall of it anyway.

But if they've got all that sorted out, I'd be interested.

im interested, as long as they fit correctly now. i think before they had problems lining up with the fenders and the core support had to be notched or something..

Morette is out of France. The whole morette thing started when i emailed them asking if it would be possible to get contour morettes made because there was a good amount of modification to be done to fit the mondeo set. I sat down with Chris Hightower and we tried to figure out how to put the mondeo lights to good use. It was more then i wanted to do. Morette said they could do it and to send them a set of stock contour lights. I went to the junkyard and sent them off to france. Morette France explianed that they were trying to get a foot in the North American Market. They were starting up Morette USA and Patrick was going to be their guy here. They sent me this pic...

picture.JPG

Awesome! it was happening. Then a couple days later they sent me this pic...
picture.JPG

They asked me for my paint code. I gave them the code and asked "why?" Morette France was coming to America.

Morette wanted to do a test fit on my car and asked if i knew anyone that had an srt-4. I didnt know what to think at this point. Was this some sort of scam or something?

So the day and the Frenchmen arrived. Patrick flew up to chicago from Arkansas and picked up Harold, the president of Morette France, and his lead technician, i am sorry but i forgot his name. They drove to dekalb IL where my residence was at the time. They started the fitting...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

The first set that they brought fit like a glove! The tech would put the light in then make adjustments with a knife and repeat. By the time he was done they were perfect. He had taken measurements and writen them right on the housing. They were done and we all ate PIZZA!

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back