• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: morette headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
im in the uk and have a mondeo that i had morettes fitted to, they look real nice but i always struggled to find a decent bright bulb for them something to consider. shipping from uk to usa will be expensive don't know why really, other way round it always seems so cheap.
minty

stupid question but i want an answer. if it happens will they be colored already and if so... hope its good to go with no extra mods or changing anything in the car ,,, just buy and install.
I know everyone wants the same.

i love the way they look, and i would love to have some like this...but i still think $200 for aftermarket headlights is way to much....i mean really $500 for $2 worth of plastic? just seems a little rediculous. i might consider these if they were around the same rediculous price as all other aftermarket headlamps.

I have a couple of questions...

1. I'm assuming that the price does not include the Morette's being painted to match body color?

2. Can the Morette's internals withstand the heat from a 100w bulbs?

3. Can you ask Ryan if just the plastic external Morette cosmetic peice (the part you paint) could be purchased seperatly?

** I ask this because there are a number of us who gave up after years of waiting for Morette, and got projector retrofits. I would love to have the cosmetic part, but have no need for the lighting and other parts. Most of us paid handsomely for our projector retrofits and save maybe Pudmunkie, I can think of no one else who would shell out $600 for the Morette's, and then spend easily $500-1000 more to retrofit the Morette's with HID projectors setup.**

i love the way they look, and i would love to have some like this...but i still think $200 for aftermarket headlights is way to much....i mean really $500 for $2 worth of plastic? just seems a little rediculous. i might consider these if they were around the same rediculous price as all other aftermarket headlamps.

Don't buy them then. New factory hadlamps (not cheap aftermarket copies that'll fade and yellow in a month) are close to $200 ea... so it's not like these are waaaay out of line. They're also not copies of the Ford lamps, they're a new design. That takes a lot of money to make happen with having to make the moulds etc, so you need to charge a price to try and make your money back. Also, remember it's a small market, so they won't sell many copies to try and recoup that cost. I think you might also be forgetting about the value of the dollar (or lack there of) compared to the Euro. Everything from Europe is going to cost us a small fortune because of the lousy exchange rate. Where do you buy your plastic from? I'd like to get me some of this $2. stuff you speak of.:shrug:

i have worked in plastic factories in the past...and that is why plastic is so common is because it is cheap and turns a huge profit...yes the molds are expensive but that still does doesn't always account for the amount of profit though..mabey you are right about the exchange i'm not real knowledable on that subject. fact is plastic is cheap that is why all crap products that could be made from a far superrior material are made from it. i'm sure this is a quality product, just too expensive. i didn't intend this to drag out, just wanted to state my opinion.:nonono:

If you find out later that Morette wont be making them due to the DOT issues the set Mikey had on his car that later went on my car are still in my possession and need to be sold soon.

FYI --- Morettes are usually 599.99 or more for any platform

and... when I talked to Morette (Harold and Patrick) at the Sema booth it sounded like they wanted to move at the minimum 1000 units in order to produce them so this is interesting news indeed. Not sure who this Ryan guy is as I believe Harold and Patrick are as top dog as it gets.

Last edited:
1. Fordman302-If fitment is corrected.
2. ryanblacksvt
3. JJames
4. 95pgt-t(fitment isn't a issue for me)

If you find out later that Morette wont be making them due to the DOT issues the set Mikey had on his car that later went on my car are still in my possession and need to be sold soon.

FYI --- Morettes are usually 599.99 or more for any platform

and... when I talked to Morette (Harold and Patrick) at the Sema booth it sounded like they wanted to move at the minimum 1000 units in order to produce them so this is interesting news indeed. Not sure who this Ryan guy is as I believe Harold and Patrick are as top dog as it gets.

Ryan is the Senior Consultant, so i doubt he is as high as Harold and Patrick. Yeah i didn't know they wanted to produce that many. i just figured it didn't hurt to ask to see how progress was on these. To my surprised he said they can be produced but for off road use. This is the second e-mail i recieved right before i started this IC

Good morning,

They are for sale, but at the moment unavailable. The cost per set is
£241.03 GBP Sterling, with a cost of £50.00 GBP Sterling for shipping.

If you have a certain number of kits in mind, please let me know and we canlook at the price again, obviously the shipping will be less per set the
more that are ordered at the same time.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,
Ryan

Ryan Rees (Senior Consultant)

I have sent him two more asking bout a GB and another about all the questions that have come up here.

wait a sec... are you asking about the US Spec Contour Morettes or the Mondeo Morettes they already produced at one time?

If its for the European Mondeo they will not fit without serious modification to your hood/bumper/radiator support and fenders. Also any wiring would not be plug and play and they would be RHD - not LHD so you would have to modify that as well. At a fast glance the cars look the same but they are not.

Make sure Ryan knows exactly what you are inquiring about and if I was you I would verify anything he tells you with Patrick at Morette USA as they were the ones who were going to sell these initially.

http://www.moretteusa.com/Contour.html

I used to have Patricks email but I dont anymore as I didnt need a set later.. There was a waiting list many of us signed up for years ago thru Patrick.

Also I think they have stopped selling morette headlights for ALL cars in the United States due to the DOT issue. The Subie ones I just scored about a month ago were out of circulation for over 2 years and I had to basically sell a kidney to find me a set.

Last edited:
wait a sec... are you asking about the US Spec Contour Morettes or the Mondeo Morettes they already produced at one time?

If its for the European Mondeo they will not fit without serious modification to your hood/bumper/radiator support and fenders. Also any wiring would not be plug and play and they would be RHD - not LHD so you would have to modify that as well. At a fast glance the cars look the same but they are not.

Make sure Ryan knows exactly what you are inquiring about and if I was you I would verify anything he tells you with Patrick at Morette USA as they were the ones who were going to sell these initially.

http://www.moretteusa.com/Contour.html

I used to have Patricks email but I dont anymore as I didnt need a set later.. There was a waiting list many of us signed up for years ago thru Patrick.

He does know i am talking bout the US spec contour. When i first asked about these I asked if the ones for the US ford contour were done, i even mentioned SVT, but i will ask him once again just to make sure. as far as DOT he did say they would be for off road use, as i mentioned in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back