• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Door sills

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Chas - 3 grooves satin - etch: Popular logo on front only
2. brapple - 2 grooves - satin - etch: SeVT-T (in SVT style font) (front only)
3. brapple - 2 grooves - satin - etch: that popular CEG Logo (front only)
4. CSVT#49 - 3 grooves - satin (popular logo centered on the front with grooves, just the grooves on the rear)
5. hotdimmes - 2 grooves - satin
6. fcsvt1 - 2 grooves - satin (w/build #4579)
7. ft.worthsvt- 2 grooves- satin (w/build #851)
8. SVT Loki - 2 grooves - satin (w/build# 3963)
9.tsSVT-2grooves-satin-build#332

Build number added.

Will the cross-section of the groove be "radiused" as well, like the hull of a boat, instead of square like guttering? That way you can just drag a rag down the groove, and your finger will fit in the curve to clean it.

Yes.

I am very interested in a 3 groove plain sill set w/o etching but without seeing a drawing or photo hesitant to pull the trigger. Any chance Autovation can supply a sketch.

Autovation has informed me that the grooves on the three-groove plate will be the same dimensions as the grooves on the two-groove plate: 1/4" wide and radiused at both ends. So if you can, picture another groove running the length of the plate.

4. CSVT#49 - 3 grooves - satin (popular logo centered on the front with grooves, just the grooves on the rear)
5. hotdimmes - 2 grooves - satin no etch

Yes.

Autovation has informed me that the grooves on the three-groove plate will be the same dimensions as the grooves on the two-groove plate: 1/4" wide and radiused at both ends. So if you can, picture another groove running the length of the plate.

Soopa,

3 grooves each 1/4" wide and evenly spaced across the sill sounds good for me. If you can confirm this again I will add myself to the list. But you said above that "grooves will be same dimension as two-groove plate" From photo you posted back on page 6 of this thread couldn't be I think. Those two grooves look much wider than 1/4" on that actual sill photo from Autovation.

And to promote this group buy a little more consider the following. Autovation sells the Miata 2 pc sill set for $99 plus shipping. So $100 or less for a 4 pc set including shipping is a great deal. If Autovation makes this available later on their website I'm sure will be $125 or higher plus shipping.

And to promote this group buy a little more consider the following. Autovation sells the Miata 2 pc sill set for $99 plus shipping. So $100 or less for a 4 pc set including shipping is a great deal. If Autovation makes this available later on their website I'm sure will be $125 or higher plus shipping.

yes this sounds like a great deal. shipping and etching included makes it that much better. I really hope this group buy works out.

Soopa,

3 grooves each 1/4" wide and evenly spaced across the sill sounds good for me. If you can confirm this again I will add myself to the list. But you said above that "grooves will be same dimension as two-groove plate" From photo you posted back on page 6 of this thread couldn't be I think. Those two grooves look much wider than 1/4" on that actual sill photo from Autovation.

Not really... considering the sill plate is 1.75" in width, those grooves being .25" seem like they acurately pictured and are perfectly spaced to me...

So the 3 groove sill plates will be .333" sill, .25" groove, .333"sill, .25" groove, .333" sill, .25" groove, .333" sill = 1.749", ~1.75"

Not really... considering the sill plate is 1.75" in width, those grooves being .25" seem like they acurately pictured and are perfectly spaced to me...

So the 3 groove sill plates will be .333" sill, .25" groove, .333"sill, .25" groove, .333" sill, .25" groove, .333" sill = 1.749", ~1.75"

Ok after looking at page 6 photo again I agree those are 1/4". At first when I looked and added in the 3rd groove my mental pictureof it was more groove than sill. Now I see 1/4" would be even.

My name will go on list now so we have the 10 person minimum to get this group buy started.

BTW - your measurements above add up to 2.082" not 1.749" though. Each of 4 sill spacings will need to be .25" same as 3 grooves for this to fit evenly on plate.

5. hotdimmes - 2 grooves - satin no etch
10.Silver Bullet - 3 grooves satin, no etch block, grooves full length of sills

Looks like we have ourselves a group buy! I'll submit the orders on Monday morning if everybody can send payment by then. Let me confirm with Autovation that pricing is $100 even.

Will these have the adhesive tape already on them? If not, can someone post a link with the best product to use?

I will be gone for the weekend, so if the payment info isn't up by friday morning I will not be able to send the payment until monday. Hopefully it works out ok...:shrug:

Will these have the adhesive tape already on them? If not, can someone post a link with the best product to use?

good question! sorry i forgot to ask it earlier. if they aren't peel-and-stick, there is some excellent spray adhesive made by 3M that is carried at your local discount parts store.

I will be gone for the weekend, so if the payment info isn't up by friday morning I will not be able to send the payment until monday. Hopefully it works out ok...:shrug:

no worries. enjoy your weekend!

to those who requested build numbers:

please decide how the numbers should look. we need to provide Autovation with an image of all numerals (i.e. 0-9) in your preferred font.

to those who requested build numbers:

please decide how the numbers should look. we need to provide Autovation with an image of all numerals (i.e. 0-9) in your preferred font.

In the interest of speeding this along... I'm sure everyone is after the 'Saleen' style numbering in which case it is Compacta style font (not a standard font in MS Word for those of you looking) you have to buy it or know someone who has it (like me). I have it shown below:

saleennumberskl4.png

Your welcome :cool:

ah give me a day to talk the wife into letting me pick these up! I want a set of pedals for the car like what I had as well as a set for her new cougar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back