• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Door sills

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoopaCooga

Veteran CEG'er
Autovation, known for their aluminum racing pedals, has asked if we would be interested in aluminum door sills. I believe they are adhesive. Here is a photo of the ones they made for the Miata:

SPMAMI1DS.jpg

They can etch a logo or phrase on the sills. Would everybody want them to say "Contour" or "Please remove shoes before entering vehicle"? Or would we want grooves? I don't think we want them totally flat.

depending on price I want a set.
I'd rather them not say contour, simply because I know what kind of car it is.
I'd rather them just have grooves. Or maybe SVT. I'd almost like something like this

==== SVT =====

grooves with the svt and maybe the svt part cut out....

depending on price I want a set.
I'd rather them not say contour, simply because I know what kind of car it is.
I'd rather them just have grooves. Or maybe SVT. I'd almost like something like this

==== SVT =====

grooves with the svt and maybe the svt part cut out....

Soo, you know it's a Contour, but have to be reminded daily that it's an SVT???:laugh:

Don't put SVT on it. There is such a thing as a regular Contour:shrug:

And there is also such a thing as those who modify regular Contours, as well:shrug:

I dunno, I just don't see why all the aftermarket parts wigo in them have to have SVT. It's kind of totally ignoring the vast majority of Contours:shrug:

Wow that's great finally a company that stepped up to the task. I tried getting this started a long time ago with no luck.

What I would like to see is a set for both the front and the rear sized just for the Contour not some universal thing.

I'm all for the plain ones with grooves though. I know what kind of car it is... I know it's an SVT so theres no need to have anything more in my car promoting itself.

Let us know what the price will be, very interested.

Soo, you know it's a Contour, but have to be reminded daily that it's an SVT???:laugh:

Don't put SVT on it. There is such a thing as a regular Contour:shrug:

And there is also such a thing as those who modify regular Contours, as well:shrug:

I dunno, I just don't see why all the aftermarket parts wigo in them have to have SVT. It's kind of totally ignoring the vast majority of Contours:shrug:
Sounds like SVT envy to me :laugh:
I think they would be a nice upgrade, but remember on pricing the SVT Focus sills are excellent, I really like mine.
-J

will this be a two or four peice kit?

knowing autozation these should be very nice ...

I would be interested in two sets depending on price .... and with the above if we can get contour, svt or both or one or the other or custom I would need to figure that out .... but what about copy right issues? autovation use to sell the pedals with SVT engraved and they stopped because of copy right reasons ... so we might not be able to get anything done by them ...

For copyright reasons, they won't be able to etch "Ford" or even "SVT" on them, lest somebody believe it to be a Ford-licensed product. :rolleyes:

Sounds like most people would be happy with just the grooves. I know custom etching is also available for a small fee.

Yes, these could be a four-door set sized perfectly for the Contour. Could a couple of people measure how long and how wide they would like them to be? The pricing is mostly determined by the cost of material.

I would be interested in a set for the rears.

Don't care for the idea of the grooves. Just something else to have to clean b/c all it would do is catch dirt grime etc. and need to be cleaned out with a Q-tip all the time.

Etching is a better idea.

Don't care for the idea of the grooves. Just something else to have to clean b/c all it would do is catch dirt grime etc. and need to be cleaned out with a Q-tip all the time.

You're not supposed to actually step on the door sill plates... :help: J/K :D

I need them to cover the dent I made when I dropped a dumbbell. :ponder:

I like the etching idea better as well, but if it ends up being grooved then I'll still be in for a set.

I would definitely want a front and rear set!!!! And for it to be custom etched with SVT, like my pedals. (thanks SC :eek:)

grooved would be nice, but they will be dirt catchers :blackeye:

specific build # for the SVT owners would be good and blank ones for everyone else

i bought somethign close to the ones you guys are thinking about here a pic. hope that helps. sorry about all the dirt this picture was taken in the winter

DSCF0157.jpg

I got a price quote from Autovation yesterday. They estimate $80 - $100 for four sill plates.

They still need somebody to measure the door sills so they know how much material is involved. Any volunteers? :help:

Dannimarieiro, thanks for the pic. However, these are not going to be "cut out" but rather engraved/etched.

Blu_Fuz, custom etching of build numbers is available for a small fee. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back