• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Door sills

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoopaCooga,

Is it confirmed that these will be adhesive mount?

Any indication of the minimum number of sets that will be required to make this special build happen?

We can do with or without grooves. Etched build numbers or other text is extra.

Minimum orders needed for this is low. Maybe under ten. Autovation really wants to do this for us.

I can't get exact quotes until somebody measures the door sills. Anyone?

Here you go...the width of the exposed portion of the vinyl is actually 2" before it curves down to the second "step" in the door sill (if that makes sense.) However, the sill is not perfectly flat and it may be difficult to get a 2" piece of aluminum to lay completely flat on the sill, which is why I thought 1.75" might look and fit better.

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

and just for kicks...

IMG_0580.jpg

^^^ Nice, clean ride. :cool:

Do people want the sill plates to "spill over" like the vinyl or to be flat like pictured?

Here's an example of the "spill over" in aluminum. To do the spill over style, the aluminum would need to be a thin sheet rather than a thicker plate. Personally, I find the thicker plate looks classier because it's more substantial.

S6000288.jpg

Just heard back from Autovation. They can do "shallow" grooves or even no grooves. Best of all...

BUILD NUMBER ETCHING IS FREE!

Shallow groves sound great! can they do "U" shaped groves instead of "l_l" shaped? (easier to clean :laugh:)

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡ SVT ≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

three shallow "u" shaped groves with "SVT" custom etched in the center. If this can be done on the front, and just the three groves for the rear, count me in (although I'd be down for other ideas). But I like my idea :eek:

Make the standard be plain. Not everyone wants grooves including myself. I do however want the build number for the rears. I think the standard should be plain and then the person can customize their own order/pay extra to Autovation if they want grooves.

And good work on the free build number etching.

I'm interested also. I'd prefer a "SVT" and/or build number engraved set.

Blank is also fine, as I can have them engraved by a shop locally if need.

Autovation just followed-up by offering GB pricing on their pedal sets to everybody who buys door sill plates! :shocked: For info on the pedals, please review the thread for my last pedal group buy.

Before we make this official, I still would very much appreciate someone confirming that the following dimensions are appropriate for the plates:

FRONT 25" x 1.75"
REAR 8.75" x 1.75"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back