• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC Carbon fiber IMRC cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they would cost a fortune?

Nah they would run 200-300 each? Even at 400 it would be a decent price.

400-800 bucks for a set of CF Side skirts would be a pretty good deal. I am comparing this to like a CF Lip Price...

A Seibon Lip Kit runs about 1000-1300 bucks and that includes a Front Lip, Sideskirt lips, and a rear lip......... Quality company too!

- amyn

the mold we have for the sail pannels are for the whole thing i will ask my buddy to up load the pics of the stuff he has. I dont know about the mirror bases but i am planning on make the outside covers at least.

I might be wrong here but, I'm quite surprised no one said anything about CF side skirts.:shrug:
be way to difficult unless they had a different way to attach and hell mine is so low i hit the skirts on crap all the time cf wouldnt be for me.

Yes the ENTIRE mirror. Not just the base. And the sunroof motor cover. Any door handles or interior stuff too. Thats my vote anyway.

ok here is a pic of the CF lip made for his DSM and the fuel door.

Attachments

• cf gas door.jpg
    cf gas door.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
  • cf lip.jpg
    cf lip.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
That all looks really good...I just wanted to say carbon fiber is, with out doubt, my FAVORITE material. I don't have hardly any money but if you were able to make parts in the 50-100 dollar range, I would be more than happy to buy them from you. I just stumbled upon this post today and got SOOOO excited. I am not going to lie though, I wouldn't be interested in CF fenders or trunks just because I don't have the money. But to state again, if there was like a sunroof motor cover for $100 or like a bezel for $50 (I don't know how much this stuff costs to make) I would be so down to get it. I am getting really excited for this kind of stuff!!!

First official price on the sail panels. They are the whole sail panel and are completely carbon fiber. The first run will be $60 for the pair. So if the intrest is here let me hear it.

Brokendown we are doing this to help people out not gouge there eyes out. Most of are small parts will be with in the $50-$100 range depending on what is wanted and how many we need to make. the more the intrest in a part the cheaper it will be. I am not here to make a killing i am a countour owner tooo!!!!

As for the mirror bases i dont know about making them out of carbon fiber but maybe wrapping them??? If you guys are interested i will start getting prices on that also.

Billy

Yeah, wrapping the bases would be ok, as i'm sure it's too hard to make them completely out of CF.

Sail Panels GB

1. Chas

First official price on the sail panels. They are the whole sail panel and are completely carbon fiber. The first run will be $60 for the pair. So if the intrest is here let me hear it.

Billy

will the sails be utilizing the stock attachment points and hardware making them fully plug and play?

If so count me in for a set. Also can you take a pic of the CF material you are using. I want to make sure the twill matches my other parts

thanks

we are waiting on some materials still but molds are done. i will take a picture of the twill wen i get a chance were trying to match everyone elses stuff with the pattern.Yes they should use the factory hard ware and mounting.

Billy

this is going to be huge.alot of us love the cf.i know i want all the interior pieces you're gonna make.dont forget the shift boot ring.good luck guys,post pics of finished product as u can.its what were waiting for anxiously.

we have had a minor set back due to the company we bought the carbon fiber off of. The twill is wrong and we are waiting for our replacement material. sorry guys just getting a little behind.

Billy

I think I am down for a set of CF Sail Panels! My Mod bug is coming in and I am going to have to figure a way to pay for everything....

I need to worry about my broken car before this lol....

As for the Mold will that include the whole sail panel being CF or just a certain part of the sail panel?

- amyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back