• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC Carbon fiber IMRC cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Something different!

All that is available at the moment is Nascar Trunk, Cowl / Stock Cf Hoods, IMRC Covers, Mirror Bases/Sail Panels. Something that is not this will do well as it is bringing something else to the table for us!

Expand our aftermarket dont just make the same thing!

- amyn

Do Something different!

All that is available at the moment is Nascar Trunk, Cowl / Stock Cf Hoods, IMRC Covers, Mirror Bases/Sail Panels. Something that is not this will do well as it is bringing something else to the table for us!

Expand our aftermarket dont just make the same thing!

- amyn
hey if he can make the stuff and sell it at non headbusting prices then i dont care what he makes, just be proud someone else is making stuff.

wow guys thanks for all the intrest. we were talking about interior parts today. Seems like that might be a hit and believe me our prices will be cheaper than everyone else. I do want to do a mirko cf and i might have one for the mold but going to put our touch on it. Iwant to a cf hood with some kinda vents maybe like an evo hood? I noticed sail panels and door mirror are a must probably be a fast item. I want to do trunk lids but we have to sell some other stuff first plus the firs run parts will be priced as a steal. thanks Billy

wow guys thanks for all the intrest. we were talking about interior parts today. Seems like that might be a hit and believe me our prices will be cheaper than everyone else. I do want to do a mirko cf and i might have one for the mold but going to put our touch on it. Iwant to a cf hood with some kinda vents maybe like an evo hood? I noticed sail panels and door mirror are a must probably be a fast item. I want to do trunk lids but we have to sell some other stuff first plus the firs run parts will be priced as a steal. thanks Billy

If you wanna do one with vents I would be interested in a scoote style hood or a mimic of the old Cosworth Sierra hoods.

Sail panels, mirrors AND base, sunroof motor cover, interior door handle inserts (front and rear), mirko type splitter. I will buy all of these.

AND if you get ambitious, I will buy a pair of fenders :cool: (I'll pay extra as I'll need a slightly different front to the fender to fit my Morrettes)

just throwing ideas out, replacement straight pipe for the intake snorkel, and a svt intake box replica or heat shield. The part of headlights that are painted when people hightower.

id test any prototypes as well

Carbon fiber grill ring would probably be a huge hit. It would look nice with a carbon fiber hood and hightowers. :cool:

Man I hate carbon eyebrows but they would match extremely well with the grill ring.

I still think interior parts would be the easiest to do as well as to maintain by everyone!

- amyn

I'm so down for carbon fiber fenders! I'd buy me some! And like Chas said, the ENTIRE mirror. Not just the base. That would be neat.

As far as splitters, I was thinking of something more appealing. To me, the mirko looks good and all, but at the same time, it just lacks some OOOMPH!

Ok guys what we have started on are the rear sail panels because there was quite a bit of intrest in them. We are already going to make fenders and the grille ring. we have a grille to make a mold and we will probably do a different style mesh close to the elky mesh design. I know were making fenders because i want to have the whole front of my SVT next year to be cf including the front bumper. We are going to try a post 98 reflector over lay. we are going the mirror covers also. I dont know if were going to do the bases yet though. I know for sure we are going to do a full interior set. I believe I will include all door handle bezels, Sunroof motor cover and maybe the bezel around the cluster and radio. looking at doing a post 98 center counsel also.I know we are doing a mirko style splitter but with a different twist. Any ideas or pictures you guys have would be very helpful.I know you guys are interested in post 98 trunks i would need atleast 5-10 people interested before i will make that but that still will not be for a while. Also if you want any other parts that you want custom PM and we can talk becasue i would have to have a deposit.

The reason we are starting with countour owner is because there is no after market parts really available and if they are there people want tons of money for them. I own a SVT myself and really i want to make different things becasue most of us have the same mods and it would be cool to seperate them with out own personality instead of looking like everyone else. It will take a little time to get everything out because there are only three of us working on this.

Thanks for all the intrest guys
Billy

Sounds good!

PLEASE don't let this die like ALL the other "i'm doing CF parts" threads. If the parts are priced reasonably (we know you have to make a profit), people will buy them!

i really dont think this going to die it is just going to take a little time because we already have molds and parts done for some DSM and Hondas. My friends drive DSM and Hondas and they do have a broad market. So now we are starting with my car to make some new stuff.

Once you make your first set of sail panels, Please give us a price. I am interested in purchasing these and most likely in depending on price.

Personally I would like the WHOLE Sail Panel to be CF and NOT just the post98 insert to be CF. If you search CEG you can find some pictures that have these... Ehh...

PICT0465.JPG

PICT0466.JPG

PICT0467.JPG

PICT0468.JPG

PICT0469.JPG

Let us know what your doing! Cause I am into something like this!!!

- amyn

i really dont think this going to die it is just going to take a little time because we already have molds and parts done for some DSM and Hondas. My friends drive DSM and Hondas and they do have a broad market. So now we are starting with my car to make some new stuff.

lets see some pics of the Honda and DSM CF parts to see how they turned out and to hold us over :)

I might be wrong here but, I'm quite surprised no one said anything about CF side skirts.:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back