• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I need 333 hp!!!!

I dont know nearly as much as half the guys on here but i dont see 12's being that fair out of reach. Everyone is talking like its impossible and from some of the things i have seen nothing is inpossible.

Im not saying im gonna go out and run 12's im just saying for someone with deep pockets and knows alot about what there doing with a contour and draging a fwd drive car i think this is possible.

I dont know nearly as much as half the guys on here but i dont see 12's being that fair out of reach. Everyone is talking like its impossible and from some of the things i have seen nothing is inpossible.

Im not saying im gonna go out and run 12's im just saying for someone with deep pockets and knows alot about what there doing with a contour and draging a fwd drive car i think this is possible.

only the ignorant would say its impossible. it IS possible. it just requires time, energy, and money which no one is willing to shelve out on this platform.

only the ignorant would say its impossible. it IS possible. it just requires time, energy, and money which no one is willing to shelve out on this platform.

You are correct, i mean i have seen some pretty impossible things be done with cars and different platforms no one has thought of. Everything is possible with the right amount of knowledge and money..

yea, wat does that have to do with anything? sure it spun first, and chirped second and third, and only ran a 17.3, but that was on Cooper American Platnum 185/70R14's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=humpfOyZ2A0

All you gotta do now is improve 4.31 seconds, drop your 60' from a 2.5 to a 2.1 or lower, and somehow manage to not spin or chirp your tires in any gear with 2.5x the hp even though the little zetec did it. I think that alone shows why this platform is not good for drag racing.

and i think its doable. if u look on youtube, there is a focus with the stock block running a mid 12.
CFM has taken at least 2 Foci into the 12s. one was a vortec Focus and the other was NA with nitrous. heres a vid of the Vortec Focus.

the NA focus made 175WHP on a stock bottom end. ran a 12.7 with a 100 shot of nitrous and MT slicks

those werent even SVT Foci either.

Can someone please figure out how to get the power to the road so we can just stop all these conversations?

and i think its doable. if u look on youtube, there is a focus with the stock block running a mid 12.

Who cares!?!? If the Focus was built on the same platform, then fine, but it's not. We can't compare our cars to something that only shares the same motor. The motor alone is not going to get you into 12's.

So, should we start talking about twin turbo Nobles and the times they run? They have a very similar 3.0L duratec.

please people. ill have u all beat

chevy crate 572- makes about 720 hp if i remember correctly.
into a 9'' ford rear end.

please ill be into the low 12s or even 11's

after i spend 100,000+ or in my dreams. which ever comes first ;)

deep pockets, yes... but I think most important, it would have to be a dedicated car. I really dont think its as hard as people think, but your going to have a one-trick pony of a car. I really dont see anyone commiting to that.

not many people are going to consider this a streetable car.

^^^ I love how it's a picture of your car haha, why isn't that streetable? :laugh:

I don't see anybody doing this because it would take to much to put into this plateform. Like it's been said time and time again the tour is not a drag car!

Exactly...

If the absolute best I could ever hope to squeeze out of this car is a 12.999999 then so be it. But I can do that, pull on pretty much 99% of the cars I will ever run in to on the road, AND I can do that while carrying 5 people in an air conditioned car with luggage in the trunk and a stereo system with amps and comfortable seating... on pump gas... with no weight removal... and no worries about "track settings" or "track trim"...

all the better.

^^^ I love how it's a picture of your car haha, why isn't that streetable? :laugh:

meh, because I've yet to see anyone else do that [who's car came with a VIN]. I should be able to give a good comparison on time improvements will be on a stock vs. prepped chassy [no power has been added]. Its everything that has been mentioned as far as suggestions:all tubular suspension components, lightened, added rigitity with the subframe connectors and the ST200 X-bracing in the trunk, the stiffest springs ever put on the cars platform, and a 4" rake in the ride height. I've only taken a few drag runs but my previous best is 16.4 [it is an autotragic], I dont really expect its enough to push me into the 15s without adding power [or completing the mtx swap].... BUT, it should be pretty sick when I do.

I was going to say the same thing.. the only difference is that our thrust is from 30mph+... " push you back in your seat" is an understatement.

Funny story: My wife was reclined all the way in the passenger seat and trying to sleep on a trip.. well, she hopped up, turned over on her knees and was stretching in the back to get something from the back seat (drink or something)... I dropped it in 3rd at around 70 and floored it. the Turbo spooled instantly and the car lunged forward with enough thrust that she went back, over the headrest and ended upside down in a mangled heap on her head in the backseat..

I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes and had to pull over... That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen...

lol i shouldnt laugh but that sounds a bit funny :laugh:

hope she was alright, though i bet she gave u a slap :blackeye: lol

Can someone please figure out how to get the power to the road so we can just stop all these conversations?

Maybe what we need to do is actually power the road. If we had a piece of pavement moving fast enough that the car would appear to be running in the twelves, we might really be on to something. Perhaps a conveyor belt setup. Anybody here paint? We could get some folks to do a background of blurry trees -- say 110-plus blurry, and no one would be the wiser. Even better, the "driver" would be able to sit there and smoke a cigar while the road did all the work. A tough job, but somebody's got to do it. :laugh:

Spectators would remark at the car's ability to maintain traction despite serious "acceleration." :cool:

Back