• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I need 333 hp!!!!

If you're looking for all season practicality in a lithe, nimble, quick sports sedan, the Contour, specifically the SVT, is for you. If you relish accelerative thrust that will knock you back in your seat, might I recommend a Fox body Mustang. You'll find a litany of mods from both Ford Motorsport and other manufacturers.

If you're a little bit more motivated, and wish to work with a more complicated platform, the MN-12 chassis is great. While heavier, the supercharged Thunderbirds and Cougars of this iteration are damn quick right out of the box and have great potential to go even faster. :cool:

If you're looking for all season practicality in a lithe, nimble, quick sports sedan, the Contour, specifically the SVT, is for you. If you relish accelerative thrust that will knock you back in your seat, might I recommend a Fox body Mustang. You'll find a litany of mods from both Ford Motorsport and other manufacturers.

If you're a little bit more motivated, and wish to work with a more complicated platform, the MN-12 chassis is great. While heavier, the supercharged Thunderbirds and Cougars of this iteration are damn quick right out of the box and have great potential to go even faster. :cool:

you need a ride in a turbo contour then .... :laugh:

Yeah, Turbo Tom ended up running a Lentech automatic transaxle and I think he got into the 11s, but yeah...he had major traction problems even with slicks. I think the only thing that would help the zetec is it makes less torque compared to the duratec. Of course...it also makes less power under the curve too, unless your going to spray off the line. Then you'll spool just about instantly. ;)

Yes Jim you are correct, I met him a few times out at ffw events and that car was badazz but he had soo much money into that car it was insane, and now he is thinking about closing up shop and retiring.

If you relish accelerative thrust that will knock you back in your seat

you need a ride in a turbo contour then .... :laugh:

I was going to say the same thing.. the only difference is that our thrust is from 30mph+... " push you back in your seat" is an understatement.

Funny story: My wife was reclined all the way in the passenger seat and trying to sleep on a trip.. well, she hopped up, turned over on her knees and was stretching in the back to get something from the back seat (drink or something)... I dropped it in 3rd at around 70 and floored it. the Turbo spooled instantly and the car lunged forward with enough thrust that she went back, over the headrest and ended upside down in a mangled heap on her head in the backseat..

I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes and had to pull over... That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen...

I was going to say the same thing.. the only difference is that our thrust is from 30mph+... " push you back in your seat" is an understatement.

Funny story: My wife was reclined all the way in the passenger seat and trying to sleep on a trip.. well, she hopped up, turned over on her knees and was stretching in the back to get something from the back seat (drink or something)... I dropped it in 3rd at around 70 and floored it. the Turbo spooled instantly and the car lunged forward with enough thrust that she went back, over the headrest and ended upside down in a mangled heap on her head in the backseat..

I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes and had to pull over... That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen...

thats hilarious ray! u would have to have the coolest wife on earth to get away with that tho.

based off the 1/4 mile calculations, ill post them later if wanted. assuming you have traction they are pretty darn accurate.

EDIT: The Equations
MPH = 234 (hp/weight)1/3 and ET = 5.825 (weight/hp)1/3

TGO said:
Uh...yes it does. Weight difference is negligible between the cars. Add 300+ whp and you're gonna sit there and spin your tires just like everyone else. That or snap your axles. 250whp is not enough to drag that car down the 1/4 at a high 12. i don't know who's ass you pulled that comment out of, but it's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

I don't know if you know, but several years back there was a person with a zetec running the times you specified. It was a focus and the guys name was tom. he had 450+ whp as far as i can remember...and lots of traction problems.
I was in the 250WHP range with my Turbo Zetec, unfortunatly i never got it to a track before it had problems. I could launch at 5K and not have any traction issues, i was running on stock axles with 240K+ miles on them too :p:D. also, keep in mind that, IIRC, every 100 lbs is about 1/10 second. so right there the Zetec (assuming same power output as a V6) should be 3/10 quicker.

I have heard of Turbo Tom. the reason he had traction issues is because he had 450+ WHP in a FWD car.

Yeah, Turbo Tom ended up running a Lentech automatic transaxle and I think he got into the 11s, but yeah...he had major traction problems even with slicks. I think the only thing that would help the zetec is it makes less torque compared to the duratec. Of course...it also makes less power under the curve too, unless your going to spray off the line. Then you'll spool just about instantly. ;)

thats the huge advantage of the Zetec in this platform when it comes to drag racing, the lack of low end torque.

Didnt Demon Put down 13.4 or something like that w/o a turbo.....

I can only imagine him setting up his car with a turbo to break the 12s

AHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:drool: I love his car!

- amyn

based off the 1/4 mile calculations, ill post them later if wanted. assuming you have traction they are pretty darn accurate.

EDIT: The Equations
MPH = 234 (hp/weight)1/3 and ET = 5.825 (weight/hp)1/3

I'm trying to be as polite as possible here...i don't care what formula you're using and where you got it, you're not running a high 12 second 1/4 with a 250whp contour.

I'm trying to be as polite as possible here...i don't care what formula you're using and where you got it, you're not running a high 12 second 1/4 with a 250whp contour.

Unless your flux capacitor is in hyperdrive, if not then I agree there is NO WAY EVER!!!! Well maybe downhill:shrug:

have one question, can a FSVT 2.0 engine and 6 speed tranny fit in the car? cuz if so, i think i can break 12's with some work.

have one question, can a FSVT 2.0 engine and 6 speed tranny fit in the car? cuz if so, i think i can break 12's with some work.

SVT Focus Getrag 6 speed is weaker than the MTX-75. See Tranaxle FAQ in old forums.

Will it fit? Yes. Is it a 'drop right in, bolt right up? No. Even if it did work, could you even afford it? Let me ask you this, could you even afford $1500 for a pair of custom axles? That alone would probably kill this project for you.

It doesnt matter what engine or transmission you use, this platform is not made for drag racing. Its far more complicated than the engine and transmission used.

I would like to chime in here and bore everyone to tears with some general good sense. If this car is going to be used on a regular basis, making it run through the eyes like a bat out of hell is not going to do a damn thing for its driveability on the street. Further, what fun is a 12 second car if you're not at the track? Anywhere else, you're up to jail-worthy speeds before you can say "Bob's your uncle," and you've hardly had time to shift.

Part of the joy, to me, in a sports car, is to be able to use the car while still enjoying that viceral thrust as the power builds. Knowing that you're not going to end up in the pokey is also good.

Finally, if you're doing this job on anything that resembles a shoestring budget, I have some sage advice for you. Get out. Lock the garage. Do it tonight. The cost overruns will be staggering, and they'll be even higher on a platform such as this that is not either well supported by the aftermarket or nor even designed for this kind of activity. Ford built the Mustang so that you could go out and trap 12s. If you've got to be different, grab a late 80s Town car with sequential electronic fuel injection and build a 650 horsepower monster that will run the times you seek.

My two bits, meant positively and in a friendly manner. :cool:

I would like to chime in here and bore everyone to tears with some general good sense. If this car is going to be used on a regular basis, making it run through the eyes like a bat out of hell is not going to do a damn thing for its driveability on the street. Further, what fun is a 12 second car if you're not at the track? Anywhere else, you're up to jail-worthy speeds before you can say "Bob's your uncle," and you've hardly had time to shift.

Part of the joy, to me, in a sports car, is to be able to use the car while still enjoying that viceral thrust as the power builds. Knowing that you're not going to end up in the pokey is also good.

Finally, if you're doing this job on anything that resembles a shoestring budget, I have some sage advice for you. Get out. Lock the garage. Do it tonight. The cost overruns will be staggering, and they'll be even higher on a platform such as this that is not either well supported by the aftermarket or nor even designed for this kind of activity. Ford built the Mustang so that you could go out and trap 12s. If you've got to be different, grab a late 80s Town car with sequential electronic fuel injection and build a 650 horsepower monster that will run the times you seek.

My two bits, meant positively and in a friendly manner. :cool:

Damn I am clapping, very welllllll said. Yes I use my 3l turbo for the track and shows only but its for the fun of it, not to get into the 12's.

Amen!
appl.gif

I love when people come on here and say, I'm going to convert my car to RWD, make it twin turbo, and swap in a V8 and then once they realize they actually have to spend more than the $50 that they spent on their ebay Bomz intake, they come back to reality.

You missed the most important part of my statement, here let me say it again.

ASSUMING YOU HAVE TRACTION THEY ARE PRETTY DARN ACCURATE

heres a good link with lots of info.

Back