• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I need 333 hp!!!!

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
so according to some of my research, if i have between 325-333 hp, i can hit a 109MPH trap speed, which would be a mid 12s 1/4 mile. Do you guys think its possible for someone to do? Calculations used est. weight as about 3300lbs.

the only problem w/ my car is that the top speed is 109 and it cant be changed. why would i need a new car?

M3:drool:

badazzcougar on neco, has stock internals, on a non-svt 2.5 engine, he swap in the svt intakes and cams, bolted on a vortech supercharger, headers, cat-back, made a custom cold air with 90mm maf and meth injection. Its tuned at 322 and he had room to go higher.

Wrong..

400 WHEEL horsepower would trap at about 111 or 113 but only a 13.2 ET...

You're not running mid 12's on THIS platform with that power... Those online "guestimators" are SOOOO far off it isn't even funny.

330s at the crank would net you a FUN car and a damn fast one at that. Of course, if you've got 330's then you've got it tuned, and if you've got it tuned then you've got no speed limiter anymore, either... Don't stress the 1/4... stress the fun.

so according to some of my research, if i have between 325-333 hp, i can hit a 109MPH trap speed, which would be a mid 12s 1/4 mile. Do you guys think its possible for someone to do? Calculations used est. weight as about 3300lbs.

no, you need a car with better traction. there are several ceg'ers with 300+ whp and nobody's broken 12 seconds. not even 13 flat.

the contour is just not a drag racing car. i can't believe there are still people that just don't get it.

drop your weight to about 2800 for your estimates since you have a Zetec. that would mean you would only need about 250WHP to hit high 12's at 109MPH. thats easily doable on the Zetec with about 13PSI from a T3 Super 60.

no, you need a car with better traction. there are several ceg'ers with 300+ whp and nobody's broken 12 seconds. not even 13 flat.

the contour is just not a drag racing car. i can't believe there are still people that just don't get it.

the problem is that everyone turboes the duratec. that gives you to much torque and thus not enough traction to run the 1/4 times you should be with 300-400WHP. The Zetec doesnt have the traction issues that the duratec has.

Ray said:
Those online "guestimators" are SOOOO far off it isn't even funny.

the estimators are accurate assuming you have traction. we all know the duratec has traction issues in the Contour. I had zero traction issues in the turbo Zetec and the estimators were pretty close.

oh man....hahahaha
sounds like a kid in highschool...wait a sec are you in highschool still?? i mean that would explain it.

i'm still waiting on another thread about you needing 333hp ........ lol

drop your weight to about 2800 for your estimates since you have a Zetec. that would mean you would only need about 250WHP to hit high 12's at 109MPH.

lol wut?

the problem is that everyone turboes the duratec. that gives you to much torque and thus not enough traction to run the 1/4 times you should be with 300-400WHP. The Zetec doesnt have the traction issues that the duratec has.

Uh...yes it does. Weight difference is negligible between the cars. Add 300+ whp and you're gonna sit there and spin your tires just like everyone else. That or snap your axles. 250whp is not enough to drag that car down the 1/4 at a high 12. i don't know who's ass you pulled that comment out of, but it's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

I don't know if you know, but several years back there was a person with a zetec running the times you specified. It was a focus and the guys name was tom. he had 450+ whp as far as i can remember...and lots of traction problems.

lol wut?

Uh...yes it does. Weight difference is negligible between the cars. Add 300+ whp and you're gonna sit there and spin your tires just like everyone else. That or snap your axles. 250whp is not enough to drag that car down the 1/4 at a high 12. i don't know who's ass you pulled that comment out of, but it's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

I don't know if you know, but several years back there was a person with a zetec running the times you specified. It was a focus and the guys name was tom. he had 450+ whp as far as i can remember...and lots of traction problems.

Yeah, Turbo Tom ended up running a Lentech automatic transaxle and I think he got into the 11s, but yeah...he had major traction problems even with slicks. I think the only thing that would help the zetec is it makes less torque compared to the duratec. Of course...it also makes less power under the curve too, unless your going to spray off the line. Then you'll spool just about instantly. ;)

Back