• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

how about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm glad to see that things might be working themselves out soon, but I'd like to make a point:

As far as bagged's issue with people stiffing him, I can't imagine that a reputable member of CEG would rip him off. I haven't really listed anything for sale, but I've gotten messages from people who I've NEVER seen post and they have like 4 posts to their name. Is that the kind of person you want to be selling to :confused:. I'd wager that bagged might have gone through on some of these deals...Point is, I think people need to be CAREFUL on the classifieds and be smart about it!

Why all the defiance to having any sort of Transaction Feedback? It sounds like its being stated by those in charge here that its either get rid of the classifieds completely or keep them but there shall be no complaining or posting of any kind if you get ripped off. That to me is absurd, I am an active member on nearly a dozen different car forums and I've never seen such a position, nor anything close. NECO's policy is pretty straight forward.

IF YOU ARE A BUYER OR SELLER AND NEED TO DISPUTE A TRANSACTION:

• Post only when you have made several attempts to contact the other party to try and resolve the issue.
Buyers should post any quotes, photos, emails or IM's that clearly show why the seller is at fault.
Sellers should not be sending out items without first recieving payment. Should your buyer have a dispute, you should show any evidence that would clearly prove you not at fault!

If a seller refuses to cooperate in resolving an issue (not responding to IM's, email's, phonecalls etc...) then the buyer has every right to file any chargeback's with a credit card company or PayPal. They can also file mail fraud charges against the seller, and that is a Federal crime punishable under law. The seller will have the title "Buyer Beware" under their names for a then to be determined amount of time; and, in severe cases, will be banned from the boards. In the event a seller ships an item and the buyer doesn't pay...well, there's not much you can do. They will have the title "Deadbeat Buyer" added as their title.

Transaction Feedback threads are only between the buyer & the seller. Any other posts will be deleted unless they directly pertain to helping said party resolve an issue (ie how to file a fraud claim or legal help).

I understand the position of making clear that you can't hold the forum responsible for the actions of an individual, but at the same time, it almost seems like you guys want to harbor scammers and protect them by not allowing any sort of dissenting opinion. It happened a lot on NECO with GMK, and I'm seeing the same thing here with bagged. They're well known by the veteran members, and when someone complains, they get jumped on, and the scammer defended by people saying "He's a good guy, just busy, stoopid n00b!!"

The bottom line is, if you don't plan to fulfill your obligations in the timeline you state, don't offer the service in the first place.

But I think that something should be done about the Feedback thing, this is the only site that locks and deletes any threads that warn of a potential scammer.

well that is the thing. many of us have meet bagged in person and overall he is a good guy. he is striaght forward and lets you know where you stand with him. So that is why you see many standing up and supporting him.

however I do have to agree that what happened isn't any good. plus its hard to comment as I doubt anyone knows 100% what is going on with bagged but himself. so anything that is put out there is just a guess and this is how alot of problems can start.

transactions here are taken at ones own risk, always has been that way. There is a transaction feedback forum which is still being worked on. The old feedback thread is there for all to view.

Why all the defiance to having any sort of Transaction Feedback? It sounds like its being stated by those in charge here that its either get rid of the classifieds completely or keep them but there shall be no complaining or posting of any kind if you get ripped off. That to me is absurd, I am an active member on nearly a dozen different car forums and I've never seen such a position, nor anything close. NECO's policy is pretty straight forward.

I understand the position of making clear that you can't hold the forum responsible for the actions of an individual, but at the same time, it almost seems like you guys want to harbor scammers and protect them by not allowing any sort of dissenting opinion. It happened a lot on NECO with GMK, and I'm seeing the same thing here with bagged. They're well known by the veteran members, and when someone complains, they get jumped on, and the scammer defended by people saying "He's a good guy, just busy, stoopid n00b!!"

The bottom line is, if you don't plan to fulfill your obligations in the timeline you state, don't offer the service in the first place.

But I think that something should be done about the Feedback thing, this is the only site that locks and deletes any threads that warn of a potential scammer.

I think you are completely misunderstanding everything that is going on here, especially since you're only catching a small snippit of info just from this one thread.
I'd like to see what threads you're talking about that get locked when the community is being warned about a potential scammer.

Something IS being done about the Transaction Feedback forum and the classifieds policies. Just like bagged, Mark is VERY busy with personal matters, and sometime site updates are slow.

It's pointless to compare CEG policies to NECO policies. They are two different sites. The reason they're different is mostly because THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY. If you're going to have two sites functioning exactly the same, why bother having two separate sites?
Not to mention NECO has had its classifieds/trans feedback situation in place much longer than CEG. Maybe you weren't around NECO far back enough, but it went through its own shaky periods before stronger policies were put in place.
It's a live and learn kind of thing. Bad stuff happens, everyone learns from it and new policies are developed to avoid those situations in the future.
Nobody is perfect.

I've been scammed on this site before and I honestly don't think Bagged is trying to scam anyone. Shoot I think too many people know him personally for him to be able to scam anyone. I've made transactions with him in the past and they were smooth. I just think this is a learning lesson for him and anyone else and not take on more than you can handle. I'm still hoping that everything gets resolved and everyone gets their parts that are owed including myself.

I have already received numerous PM's and have not replied to them because I have not had the ability to touch base with bagged, him and I haven't worked out the details yet, so there is still going to be a wait, as for Ryan's headlights, he will get them, It probably wont be this week, this all sprung up at a busy time, im going through midterms as well as a 28 hour work week. But as soon as I find time im going to start working stuff out.

I have already received numerous PM's and have not replied to them because I have not had the ability to touch base with bagged, him and I haven't worked out the details yet, so there is still going to be a wait, as for Ryan's headlights, he will get them, It probably wont be this week, this all sprung up at a busy time, im going through midterms as well as a 28 hour work week. But as soon as I find time im going to start working stuff out.

No problem man, just let me know when you get them from him. I know you are busy right now.:cool: Tell your mom I said hey too:crazy:

^lol I guess, I didnt recall that, I have had a few shots of goose tonight though no thanks to you Sam:laugh:

NP.. I'm kind of in the same boat as a lot of people in this thread, but not to go into details, I haven't pushed this issued, and haven't called Bagged only because of the small amount of $$ and the non-necessity (sp) of the parts I'm waiting for so to speak. As I'm sure AJ can confirm from the PM I sent, mine isn't important. I want to see the people who are waiting for large $ items get taken care of first. As Lucky (aka The D-Bag, aka Ryan) said, I think Scott is a stand up guy still with good intentions

Again thanks for you willingness to help, possibly re-organize the "still needed" list for everyone.

Any updates on items?

no; my time is scarce, and im not benefiting at all from the situation; so I will use the gas and the time when I get a chance to go out there and work stuff out, but as of right now I have more important things to take care of than ship out someone's headlights that weren't my obligation.

Ok well this is going no where I see:nonono::nonono:Maybe I will just have to take legal action since I havent had my damn headlights in 9 months now:mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back