• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Here You Go, My New Car

Goonz, your car = sex. Even my girlfriend had to stop what she was saying, point and say it too. :laugh:

Thanks Billdo, and please guys dont be jealous, I was in your shoes too seeing people get evo's, sti's and cobra's etc etc..I do live at home but the thing is I have about 1.5 year of schooling left in which I will try to save as much as I could while living at home and once im graduated, i will get a decent apartment..Really all this helps having my company pay for schooling :)

everybody needs to get off of his choice to spend money on this car. It was ok to throw around ideas before he decided to buy, but there is no turning back now. Stating your opinion now is just rude.

When it comes to money and large purchases some people believe in having fun now (buy a car as soon as you get some money), and some people like to have fun later (save for a house).

And the salary thing is private. I would not tell people my salary, and that has nothing to do with wether or not I think I make enough. I find the exact opposite of what others have said. Most people who brag about their salary don't really make that much or have a job with little prestige.

On a side note.......I just got a new job today! BMW 335i coupe here I come! just kidding my fiance will make me save up for a house.

This thread sucks. Need more pics of the car and less complaining about everything.
The last two (for me) pages of this thread sucks. But the topic rocks!

Goonz ... you're not the only one with that color in the area :( I was on 495 South near Rt 3 and saw a clone G35 coupe. Seriously almost beeped the horn but it looked like a middle age white guy with a moustache inside.

Congrats Goonz! Beautiful!!!

Love the color also.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

This thread sucks. Need more pics of the car and less complaining about everything.

As soon as the weather starts clearing up man, i'll try to get some more pics. The weather here has just been crazy, its like winter just re-arrived! I did get the clear corners along with the intake om, the clear corners made a HUGE difference, looks great :drool: this is what i have for now, notice the gay orange reflectors on the side of the bumpr are gone :) Best part is that its an OEM Nissan part that was made for the Japanese Skyline 350GT (Japanese version of the G35 Coupe)

1-31.jpg

2-24.jpg

Last edited:
That is an absolutely beautiful car! I am so jealous :drool::drool:

Might I ask if you notice a difference with the rear active steer package?

Yes, in the wet weather while taking a sharp corner. I was trying to kick it sideways and the rear active steer did the opposite and stabilized my car. Its a nice little option to have I guess. :cool:

This is goonz, i dont forsee that happening.

lmao! your are soo right, I will never kick it sideways. But if I wanted to, the good old VDC (traction control) button needs to be shut off.

Elky, by law the plates had to be turned into the registry and the receipt of them mailed back to my insurance company for them to take the SVT off my insurance. However, I wrote a note to the registry giving Bob the transfer of ownership of the plates so his local registry has the plates set aside for him, all they needed is my note with my signature giving him the permission, which I obv. did :)

Elky, by law the plates had to be turned into the registry and the receipt of them mailed back to my insurance company for them to take the SVT off my insurance. However, I wrote a note to the registry giving Bob the transfer of ownership of the plates so his local registry has the plates set aside for him, all they needed is my note with my signature giving him the permission, which I obv. did :)

You the man Goonz! The SVT9 plates live on!

and all you had to do was tell them your front plate fell off and you could have kept one, thats what everyone i know does with their vanity plates
I didn't know you can carry over plates! Is this for vanity phrases only, or does it work for regular numbers as well?

(My parents have my high-school plate on the Miata, I couldn't carry it over to my name to my knowledge)

At any rate ... since Bob is keeping the plates, have him "lose" one of them a few months into registering it :) ... he gets a new front plate (after a fee) and you can keep one ...

I didn't know you can carry over plates! Is this for vanity phrases only, or does it work for regular numbers as well?

(My parents have my high-school plate on the Miata, I couldn't carry it over to my name to my knowledge)

At any rate ... since Bob is keeping the plates, have him "lose" one of them a few months into registering it :) ... he gets a new front plate (after a fee) and you can keep one ...

lol, im keeping the certificate :laugh:

Back