• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Here You Go, My New Car

ya its only like $15 or $25 bucks for a new plate...but it takes em like 3 months to mail you the new one, but matt had a dang good idea if bob would be down for that

ya its only like $15 or $25 bucks for a new plate...but it takes em like 3 months to mail you the new one, but matt had a dang good idea if bob would be down for that

I would consider it... if he would let the certificate go! Especially considering, during the sale, he said "the certificate is under my bed somwhere... I'll have to dig it out." :laugh:

Can't you get your own cert? I know it's mad expensive now but still, will they issue you one if Goonz got one already?

Though the G35 isn't my cup o' tea, congrats on the purchase!

You said you do intern work for Wyeth? Tell them to make their Effexor XR not taste like crap! :laugh:

as was stated above, if you tell them you lost the front one they dont care.

or as was also stated bob can tell the registry he lost one and buy another. then you just give bob the money.

Congrats GOONZ!

Is ANYONE else ever gonna get a Porsche?
I'm lonely......out here.......:(
Just bought an Audi...from a Porsche & Audi dealer. Does that count? :shrug:

Goonz - Congrats on gettin' into the car you've been dreaming of. I know how it feels!

Last edited:
Yay for Texas where you keep your plates if you want to when you sell the car!
in MA, vehicle plates belong to the RMV, but are issued to car owners. You can keep your plate if you immediately register it to your new car, but have to surrender it otherwise. My plates have been on the Contour and Maxima, and my parents have had the same plates since before I was born. I don't think Goonz wanted "SVT 9" on his G35 though.

This past weekend there was a guy in the twin cities that had an exact duplicate of what you got. Looks better in person. Saw it on my way back to my brothers after picking up my SVT.

Check out these vinyls I may put on my taillights, they looks sooo sick!! a light smoke on the vinyls that will match my window tint would look hawt! Also might do the vinyl for the rear bottom bumper where the exhaust is, like the SVTs where its black on red, silver and the greens SVTs

tgtr06.jpg

tgtr063.jpg

g35rv12.jpg

g35rv13.jpg

I think they'll both look good.

Why are there different tail lights on the black one than on the blue one?
And is that the same color blue as yours? It's hard to tell.

I think they'll both look good.

Why are there different tail lights on the black one than on the blue one?
And is that the same color blue as yours? It's hard to tell.

the 2003 - 2005 models have that taillights on the blue car pictured above, the black one has the newer 06 - 07 which is what I have..I will be doing both in the summer. At the moment I need to have my window tint done asap, I cant stand everyone looking at me, im not used to it :D

Back