• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye 2.5!

Reebs

meester super sleuth
Pulled my perfectly fine 2.5 yesterday, and just waiting on a few more parts for the 3L (headers and such) and then she goes in. :) I am excited so I just had to share. My setup is 3L longblock with SVT cams and the 3L heads port matched to the SVT intake manifolds. And of course escape oil pan and clevite rod bearings and all the goodies. Then Nautaulis Performances stage 2 turbo kit goes on. :) I have never driven a boosted contour, just been in them, but I can't wait!

I'll get up pics soon.

Later guys.

haha, just like me. Couldn't wait for the 2.5 to die and pulled a good engine. I have never been in a boosted tour of any kind, but I'm loving the 3L's extra torque over the 2.5.

Pulled my perfectly fine 2.5 yesterday, and just waiting on a few more parts for the 3L (headers and such) and then she goes in. :) I am excited so I just had to share. My setup is 3L longblock with SVT cams and the 3L heads port matched to the SVT intake manifolds. And of course escape oil pan and clevite rod bearings and all the goodies. Then Nautaulis Performances stage 2 turbo kit goes on. :) I have never driven a boosted contour, just been in them, but I can't wait!

I'll get up pics soon.

Later guys.

You're going to love it man. I have a turbocharged car now and I've driven one or two others.. The boosted Duratec feels so much more alive to me because it just makes it feel like a gigantic NA motor. The turbo motors from the factory all have great torque but no real top end.

There is no comparison. The turbocharged duratec way outperforms any other kind of FI too. The supercharged versions feel good but in a different way. They feel like a small engine with more zip up top, which is good too.
They just don't have that "Thrust" that a turbo tour has. :D

LOL a few more than yours burt

I thought burts miles were in the 120's also!?!?

Anyways, Tom, I can't wait to have it done either! I hope it won't disappoint me! :) I am excited for boost, but even with my torsen, I'm afraid I'll be spinning more than I would like!

Ill have to come check it out jeff. For sure when the turbo gets there, Ive had a couple more things pop up that may put a wrench in the spoke for getting the car boosted before SZ, but at least I can ride in yours to get an idea ;)

Ill have to come check it out jeff. For sure when the turbo gets there, Ive had a couple more things pop up that may put a wrench in the spoke for getting the car boosted before SZ, but at least I can ride in yours to get an idea ;)

Come on Alex! you need to get yours boosted asap too! But yeah, give me a call sometime... or when you have my part done! :) I'll hook you up.

I thought burts miles were in the 120's also!?!?

Anyways, Tom, I can't wait to have it done either! I hope it won't disappoint me! :) I am excited for boost, but even with my torsen, I'm afraid I'll be spinning more than I would like!

It's not that bad. Yes if you pop the clutch on take-off you'll have a nice peg leg burnout. If you get good sticky tires that hold traction and take off without slipping then you will be fine. On the road you'll never now it anyway. The LSD only works when you don't have enough traction so you can combat that with wider stickier tires. I'd have at LEAST 225/45 on 16s if I were you and 235/40 or 235/45 on 17s.

It's not that bad. Yes if you pop the clutch on take-off you'll have a nice peg leg burnout. If you get good sticky tires that hold traction and take off without slipping then you will be fine. On the road you'll never now it anyway. The LSD only works when you don't have enough traction so you can combat that with wider stickier tires. I'd have at LEAST 225/45 on 16s if I were you and 235/40 or 235/45 on 17s.

I have 225/50/16's on right now. With about 330 whp, do you think that I could ease into 100% throttle in second gear at low rpms and hold traction all the way to redline?!?! Or am I dreaming!?!? :D Just trying to get an idea of what it will be like! I know I could spin second all day if I wanted, but I hope I can ease into it and hold second on smooth pavement.

I have 225/50/16's on right now. With about 330 whp, do you think that I could ease into 100% throttle in second gear at low rpms and hold traction all the way to redline?!?! Or am I dreaming!?!? :D Just trying to get an idea of what it will be like! I know I could spin second all day if I wanted, but I hope I can ease into it and hold second on smooth pavement.

300wHP.....Yeah you could probably ease into it and hold traction if you have good pavement with 225s.

reebs how much did the 3L and all the parts along with the turbo run you? also whp will you be pushing?

It is hard to guess a price for all of the stuff I have bought, but I got great deals on it all. I am shooting for about 340 fwhp and about the same torque at 10psi. Daily driving will have be at 7.5psi around 310 fwhp or so. Those are my power goals and I don't think I'll have trouble hitting them with my modifications.

It is hard to guess a price for all of the stuff I have bought, but I got great deals on it all. I am shooting for about 340 fwhp and about the same torque at 10psi. Daily driving will have be at 7.5psi around 310 fwhp or so. Those are my power goals and I don't think I'll have trouble hitting them with my modifications.

Shoot, yhou can hit those power levels on a bone stock 3L with a 60trim turbo....you will Definitely hit those.

Back