• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye 2.5!

reebs how much did the 3L and all the parts along with the turbo run you? also whp will you be pushing?

If you have to ask you can't afford it. Car modification rule of thumb. Take the number you think it will cost you and double it.

yeah hi tensionsers have maybe 18k on them and the RFQ was so that the guides would be replaced with new ones ;)

ohh bring my cams n chains n stuff this weekend too :)

Last edited:
Shoot, yhou can hit those power levels on a bone stock 3L with a 60trim turbo....you will Definitely hit those.

True, but I believe the turbo I am getting is a 57 trim. Is that not correct Tom? I am getting the test turbo, not the new Precision turbo. However, I don't care what trim she is, as long as she pulls hard. ;)

And Alex, I did get my trubendz, but I am not dropping in the 3L until I get my headers in... I talked to Marty today and they still haven't shipped them! :bah: It will have been a 2 month wait by the time I get the headers!

Sounds like the same turbo Im going with jeff!

My 3 liter build is starting soon, taking the trans out to liberty in the next week, and ordering all the stupid stuff here shortly

Yeah, the 57 trim with a .63. It will spool lightning fast on a 3L, espec. as I said a stock 10:1 block.

I like fast spooling! :) I don't think I need to worry about the top end power either. It should pull all the way to redline.

As for a 3inch catback, yes it would be ideal for a 3L turbo, but a 2.5" catback will be fine for now. Heck, I could even use stock exhuast and just turn up the boost 1/2 psi to get the extra horsepower. Turning up the boost 1/2 psi is alot cheaper than a whole new cat back. :) It is just the beauty of boost.

If you use the atmospheric dump pipe on your wastegate with your 2.5L exhaust then you'll flow more than a piped-in 3"

Just depends on if you like the sound of it. I did. :shrug:

Yeah, I told Joey I am going to dump the wastegate to atmosphere. I don't like the sound of it, but I don't care. I am about power anyways. :)

And Tom, when you say 2.5L exhaust, do you mean the Stock 2.5L svt exhaust or do you mean the trubendz 2.5 Inch exhaust? Anyways, I don't want the restriction of the wastegate dumped back in.

2.5" trubendz with atmospheric wastegate dump sounds sexy to me! it'd be cool to hear the..... wwwwwssssscccchhhhhhhhBRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHppppppphhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeewwwww

lol yeah if i only had a microphone you woudl know what im saying.... LOL!

i just really needed a break from teh headers is all. back to work for me, i have to get this thign back together for the dyno!

Haven't been making much progress lately, but I did pull the 3L from the parts car today after work. Now time to port the heads and wait for the rest of my parts to arrive. :)

Back