• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Make 10 Charcters go Away!

The ten character limit is ridiculous!!! Seriously, are we going to start banning members because their posts are less then 10 characters? Come on, CEG has enough rules as it is, lets not make it any worse then it has to be.

Theres rules?????? Where have i been?
But um id have to say i like the 10 limit law. Ive been around enough forums to see plenty of spam of "Oh" "Ok" "cool" "sweet" for some examples. It definatly puts less stress on mods and less stress on are scroll button.

Last edited:
Quit being whiny crybabies, geez. 90% of the time, a post with less than ten characters is a waste. You people that have a serious issue with the ten character limit should perhaps re-examine the quality of your posts, and whether or not you are actually contributing to the discussions at hand, or just making sad attempts at increasing your post counts. Because, I'm not sure if you know this, but, post counts don't mean anything, that's right, they are just like the points on whose line is it anyway. Heck, if post counts meant something, some of us might actually respect todras . . .

I love all the talk about "quality of your posts"...

What, are we back in highschool? Who says we should govern the quality of our posts. If you're simply answering a question, like what year your car is,

What do you want me to make freaking complete sentance?!

That's not 10 char, how is the "quality" of my post any different?

If everyone thought about the "quality" of their posts, there wouldn't be much posting going around. I see more examples of not quality posts that are over 10 char, then ones that are under. I think you guys should be open-minded and think about both sides of the argument. I'm sure if you weren't a moderator/administrator of the boards, you'd think different.

I think you guys should be open-minded and think about both sides of the argument. I'm sure if you weren't a moderator/administrator of the boards, you'd think different.

Nope, because there are a number of other boards I frequent that I am not a mod or admin on, and it doesn't change my opinion on the subject one bit in relation to those other boards. let's look at www.corner-carvers.com as an example; The forums there typically consist of quality technical discussion and even intelligent discussion of current events and other relevant topics. People that post there without thinking through what they are posting first don't last long at all.

This forum is not here to coddle the lazy and childish contour owner. It is here as a meeting place to exchange and discuss ideas and opinions; mono-syllabic responses, in general, don't do anything but clutter threads. If you have a genuine value-added post that doesn't meet the 10 character limit, then by all means, do what you need to, to get around it. but, don't just post up becuase that little filter between your brain and your typing fingers is gone.

I wasn't aware of the childish contour owners that were spamming the boards with posts under 10 char. Normally, the people filling the boards with useless clutter, were active posters in valid situations.

My point is the same as before, it's useless, people will type even more random things to get around the block. Putting an excessive amount of periods, writing 10 char, etc...

Heck, if post counts meant something, some of us might actually respect todras . . .

BOOYAKASHA!

Seriously though, I don't think anyone understands the futility of the rule. You're not stopping any particular behavior, just making people put "10 characters" at the end of their posts.

Or maybe i'm just crazy :crazy: :shrug:

BOOYAKASHA!

Seriously though, I don't think anyone understands the futility of the rule. You're not stopping any particular behavior, just making people put "10 characters" at the end of their posts.

Or maybe i'm just crazy :crazy: :shrug:

makes it easier for the mod/admin staff to identify post-whoring, which is against the rules already.

Perhaps there is a way to remove the 10 character limit in certain forums such as Pics and Vids and common interests. Since your post count isnt affected by those forums anyways. Plus alot of times in Pics and Vids your commenting on how nice a new mod to the car is and just want to put a smily. Common Interests alot of times are funny videos and people want to put stuff like lol, rofl, lmao etc.

Personally I have no problem with the limit as everyone of my posts is well over that. Ive been on here for 2.5 years and only have about 580 posts. I know there are guys that have a couple thousand that haven't been around that long.

There is a way to resolve it, take the 10 character rule off sections that already don't count towards post count.

How about, NO, and if you can't deal with it, post elsewhere. I'm tired of discussing it, and the rule wasn't put in place to make you happy. in fact, I didn't even have anything to do with implementing it.

Just to let you know, that wasn't a personal attack on you. I like posting on the forum, and no matter what the administration decides to do, I'll probobly still post here. No reason to get bent out of shape, cheer up mate. :)

Just to let you know, that wasn't a personal attack on you. I like posting on the forum, and no matter what the administration decides to do, I'll probobly still post here. No reason to get bent out of shape, cheer up mate. :)

+1. My sentiments exactly.

(Previous three words used to make up the requirement for the 10 letter rule ;) ).

More than the number of Stealth Bombers you have built.

Helping by adding brake fluid doesn't count. sorry to burst your bubble. and just soo you know one Defensive avionics box cost more than your whole race team spends in 1 year.

Go play with your jeep :)

Helping by adding brake fluid doesn't count. sorry to burst your bubble. and just soo you know one Defensive avionics box cost more than your whole race team spends in 1 year.

Go play with your jeep :)

And changing out LRU's doesn't count either. And I'm well aware of the ridiculously high costs of cutting edge avionics gear. Doesn't change the fact that we were both the least funded, and top finishing Mustang team in Grand Am cup this year . . . imagine what we could do if we just had one of those silly avionics LRU's . . .

Back