• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Extrude Hone (new lower pricing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jUst sent my uim and should be arriving on Monday. I'm sure you can call Rick and let him know you want to get in and I'm sure he will let you in

Will be taking mine to EH this week, probably Thurs.
Last call for the spare SVT UIM I have ready to drop off (I can drop it off to them, you pay them for the GB and shipping back to you).
Thanks again Andy.
-J

Got a call from Extrude Hone today for $335 + Shipping? I thought that we had 8 people in already! Did everyone ship their manifolds?

Told the accountant I would call her back after speaking to Rick and posting on the thread!

- amyn

Got a call from Extrude Hone today for $335 + Shipping? I thought that we had 8 people in already! Did everyone ship their manifolds?

Told the accountant I would call her back after speaking to Rick and posting on the thread!

- amyn
WTF, O? I don't have that kind of cash...

~Mike~

Im sure he pressed $3xx instead of the $2xx :laugh:. He will chime in and get this all sorted out. I will call him as soon as I put the money in the bank for it to go through which is tomorrow.

- amyn

OK So I spoke to Rick and got this mess sorted out with him as well as just emailed the accountant that called me the link to the thread and explained the conditions of the group buy.

Rick AGREED to do $235 if 8 people dedicate themselves to do this.

We have the 8 people. but EXTRUDE HONE only has 4 Manifolds (ONE is mine) at their location.

He will charge us $335 if he has under 8 people. Please ship in your Manifolds as this will hold all of our intakes back and make the process longer.

Rick is going to hold off the accountant from calling and call us at the end when the price is at the lower cost, but remember CEG also has to man up to our part of the deal.

I thought I was late with shipping the Manifold out, Speed it up I wanna look at the insides of my intake and feel the power im gonna get out of it with my 3L Turbo!

- amyn

OK So I spoke to Rick and got this mess sorted out with him as well as just emailed the accountant that called me the link to the thread and explained the conditions of the group buy.

Rick AGREED to do $235 if 8 people dedicate themselves to do this.

We have the 8 people. but EXTRUDE HONE only has 4 Manifolds (ONE is mine) at their location.

He will charge us $335 if he has under 8 people. Please ship in your Manifolds as this will hold all of our intakes back and make the process longer.

Rick is going to hold off the accountant from calling and call us at the end when the price is at the lower cost, but remember CEG also has to man up to our part of the deal.

I thought I was late with shipping the Manifold out, Speed it up I wanna look at the insides of my intake and feel the power im gonna get out of it with my 3L Turbo!

- amyn
Common sense would dictate you not do the extrude honing until after all 8 intakes have arrived, now he's performed a service for you without first advising you of the price change. I'm not sure how you feel about that, but I won't be very happy if I have to pony up an extra $100 because they already did my intake and didn't give me the chance to opt out of the higher price incurred by other people's failure to meet their commitments.

~Mike~

Common sense would dictate you not do the extrude honing until after all 8 intakes have arrived, now he's performed a service for you without first advising you of the price change. I'm not sure how you feel about that, but I won't be very happy if I have to pony up an extra $100 because they already did my intake and didn't give me the chance to opt out of the higher price incurred by other people's failure to meet their commitments.

~Mike~

Im sure Ricks a stand up guy. He said he will wait to do anything until he gets the required amount. He also stated that we wont pay till all of them are in. Soooo puttin myself in his shoes "Im not doing any work until I get paid."

- Amyn

OK, so who has sent their manifolds?
I will be dropping mine off at the end of the week and plan on calling Rick tomorrow to set that up.
-J

I will try.
I know one person asked about trying to get them max-honed and close to 200cfm so I wonder if they'll flow a couple.
I'm going to ask Rick what he will charge to flow my EH'd ST220, could be interesting.
-J

Let us know cause if he could flow yours I would be happy to flow mine depending on the price. I hope we can get over or 200 CFM.

- amyn

We have not yet reached our 8 yet!

1. ArtSvt-ceg Shipped
2. qbcsvt-ceg Shipped
3. biminiLX-ceg
4. svtfixer-ceg Shipped
5. svtfixer-ceg(2) Shipped
6. SVTkid-ceg
7. R-code-ceg Shipped

Bimini is going to try and get his intake in on thursday.

I PM'ed SVTkid on sunday asking if he has sent his out yet, with no response.. but he hasnt been on here since last tuesday... So idk:shrug:

I just pm'ed trhlz1222 asking if he is interested in doing this also and waiting for his response!

I was the one who asked about getting the intake to flow 200+cfm, Rick said he could try with no promises.. so maybe..

Q.) Would having this done to my UIM benefit my car as far as HP or performance at all. My CSVT is a MY2000 and is bone stock.

Or is this more for CSVT's with a 3 liter swap?

Anybody's good/correct advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

I believe this process nets between 5-12 hp on a stock SVT. on your 3L you may be able to do the process as long as you are using a metal UIM (st220, svt, Taurus uims). If your uim is plastic on the 3L I don't think you can do this process!

- amyn

Yes this is still going on! just send in your intake and u should get the GB price.

Hey are these prices good for ST220 intake manifolds?? Mine is currently being shipped from across the pond and I may not have it until the end of next week.

Let me know! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back