• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Contour Hood Lift Gas Spring Strut Shock SVT SE Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
01. CSVT4LIFE
02. KerryKool
03. Sprebound
04. Fordsvt98
05. Yamaha racer 686
06. dcSVT
07. TourDeForce
08. KyleQ
09. CSVT#49
10. Eric L
11. Schattastic SVT
12. ov3n(MUSTANG)NECO
13. COOGAH(COUGAR)(NECO)
14. Daves95Contour
15. sweetsvt
16. extremeVFT03(COUGAR)(NECO)
17. SVT3Rivieres (1)
18. SVT3Rivieres (2)
19. SVT3Rivieres (3)
20. cvsmightymouse24 (COUGAR)(NECO)
21. Bensenvill (COUGAR)(NECO) (QuickLIFT ELITE Carbon Fiber)
22. 02ALASKANCOUGAR(cougar)(NECO)
23. TourDeForce
24. JScullin(COUGAR)(NECO)
25. MOMO(Cougar, LOW force! CF)(NECO)
26. OZ(CF Hood)(cougar)(NECO)
27. Cobra

Is it possible to remove the stock hood prop rod? I figure, what's the point of having it if i'll have the gas springs. I looked at it briefly, but it was too cold to figure out how.

i will not bother to removed mine since its not so obvious... and if someday these hoodlift break i will have a backup :p

it just pops right out ... think of a paper clip you open up flat, that S shape is what the end of the hood prop looks like iirc ... mine came out since my father broke the yellow retaining clip for the hood prop on his car and I gave him mine as I really didn't need it anymore because I have this kit ...

01. CSVT4LIFE
02. KerryKool
03. Sprebound
04. Fordsvt98
05. Yamaha racer 686
06. dcSVT
07. TourDeForce
08. KyleQ
09. CSVT#49
10. Eric L
11. Schattastic SVT
12. ov3n(MUSTANG)NECO
13. COOGAH(COUGAR)(NECO)
14. Daves95Contour
15. sweetsvt
17. SVT3Rivieres (1)
18. SVT3Rivieres (2)
19. SVT3Rivieres (3)
23. TourDeForce
27. Cobra
28. Frosty

Since were so close to 30 and i said i would be in if we only needed one or two more I'm in

01. CSVT4LIFE
02. KerryKool
03. Sprebound
04. Fordsvt98
05. Yamaha racer 686
06. dcSVT
07. TourDeForce
08. KyleQ
09. CSVT#49
10. Eric L
11. Schattastic SVT
12. ov3n(MUSTANG)NECO
13. COOGAH(COUGAR)(NECO)
14. Daves95Contour
15. sweetsvt
17. SVT3Rivieres (1)
18. SVT3Rivieres (2)
19. SVT3Rivieres (3)
23. TourDeForce
27. Cobra
28. Frosty
29. Striker2

For those with Carbon Fiber hoods, you can order either the base QuickLIFT kit or the Elite QuickLIFT kit and if you specifiy that you have a Carbon Fiber hood we will substitute the gas springs with lower force, either Stainless steel or black depending on what kit you ordered.
Regards,
Andreas

So according to this, let me get this straight. Since I have the CF hood and will be needing the "lower force" gas springs, I can get the stainless steel (Elite Quick Lift) hardware w/ the "lower force gas springs" for the group buy price?

If this is so, count me in as #30!

So according to this, let me get this straight. Since I have the CF hood and will be needing the "lower force" gas springs, I can get the stainless steel (Elite Quick Lift) hardware w/ the "lower force gas springs" for the group buy price?

If this is so, count me in as #30!

no, the 'Elite' is going to be a higher price, I asked a few days ago what the price difference was and never got an answer. so I'll ask again. I am assuming the 'lower force' can be substituted for the same price.

what is the price difference for the Elite?

When the Group Buy for these came out a couple years ago, I got a set. For those with the stock hood, they are a Godsend. They do exactly what they are supposed to do. However, when I got my CF1 cowl hood, I was strongly advised not to use the ones I had because they would cause the carbon fiber and the inside fiberglass shell to seperate and obviously damage the hood. If the "reduced pressure" struts won't damage the hood, I'd be interested. However, there is another problem. It may just be with the CF1 hood, but frankly, who else made them? The threads on my carbon fiber hood are different than the ones on my stock hood. :shrug: The Redline ball fasteners are made for the stock hood and wouldn't fit my CF hood even if I wanted to use them. So I'm stuck, even if the reduced pressure struts work, I couldn't use them anyway.:nonono: So for those of you with the CF1 hood, be aware. You may have problems.

I'm not putting Redline down. Their product does exactly what they say it does. I never had any problems. I just want the CF hood owners to be aware of a possible mounting problem.

agreed and I'm glad you mentioned it. I'm willing to take that chance [although the subframe for my hood is an exact mold of the stock hood]

I'm in

01. CSVT4LIFE
02. KerryKool
03. Sprebound
04. Fordsvt98
05. Yamaha racer 686
06. dcSVT
07. TourDeForce
08. KyleQ
09. CSVT#49
10. Eric L
11. Schattastic SVT
12. ov3n(MUSTANG)NECO
13. COOGAH(COUGAR)(NECO)
14. Daves95Contour
15. sweetsvt
17. SVT3Rivieres (1)
18. SVT3Rivieres (2)
19. SVT3Rivieres (3)
23. TourDeForce
27. Cobra
28. Frosty
29. Striker2
30. Hammy1105

My subframe looks exactly like the one on the stock hood---but I was told by CF1 that it was fiberglass and the strain from the struts when closing the hood would cause the two surfaces to crack/seperate.

So if their reduced pressure would work, fine. I still couldn't use them cause of the different threads.

looks like we got the 30 we were looking for. Please post the payment info so we can organize the funds and place the order. I'm getting excited.

looks like we got the 30 we were looking for. Please post the payment info so we can organize the funds and place the order. I'm getting excited.

and pricing if we want the uprated models, people on NECO have been asking.

Im sorry I didnt respond sooner but I had some family emergencies and had to go out of state...But the good thing is that im back....I will be setting up the payments and send everyone instructions on how to pay...Some of you guys were also asking for the price differences..here you go

Our pricing is as follows:
QTY 1-9 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT - $69.95 (no discount)
QTY 1-9 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS - $84.95 (no discount)
QTY 1-9 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE - $109.95 (no discount)

QTY 10-19 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT - $64.95 ($5 discount) + shipping
QTY 10-19 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS - $79.95 ($5 discount) + shipping
QTY 10-19 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE - $102.95 ($7 discount) + shipping

QTY 20-29 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT - $59.95 ($10 discount) + shipping
QTY 20-29 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS - $74.95 ($10 discount) + shipping
QTY 20-29 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE - $98.95 ($11 discount) + shipping

QTY 30+ Redline Tuning QuickLIFT - $56.95 ($13 discount) + shipping
QTY 30+ Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS - $71.95 ($13 discount) + shipping
QTY 30+ Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE - $96.95 ($13 discount) + shipping

Thanks,
Brian
Redline Tuning