• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Contour Hood Lift Gas Spring Strut Shock SVT SE Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you own a 98+ tour, this isn't necessary since the raised lip is not there.

You could either find a thinner washer or remove one of the two, not both.

I have a 98 SVT. Which washer would be best? The washer on both fenders I'm assuming.

Recieved my kit over a week ago.. Still been too busy to install it. I'm waiting until it get warm to do all of my installs at once.

If you're having clearance problems, obviously the washer on top of the fender lip should be removed to slightly lower the profile of the fitting. The one under should remain.

removing the top fender washer did little to nothing to fix the sides of the hood from sticking up a little.

Anyone else having this issue? How did you fix it?

removing the top fender washer did little to nothing to fix the sides of the hood from sticking up a little.

Anyone else having this issue? How did you fix it?

The hood hinge may have moved a bit & the hood may now be out of adjustment??? Mine slid a bit on the Contour and it was obvious because the gap went all the way up to the hinge. I just re-adjusted the fitting on that side and everything is fine now. Depending on how much movement you got, you may need to adjust at both bolts. If mine slips again, I may try putting a star-type lock washer under there instead of the flat washer and hitting it with a little paint.

got them installed yesterday :D
IMG_2504.jpg

I've played w/ my struts for about an hour the other day doing all sorts of combinations (taking off washer on the bottom and leaving top on, taking top off and leaving bottom on, taking both washers off, aligning the hood differently in the arm mount at the top etc.) and the hood still is raised a bit on both sides. For example, if you draw a line straight up from the front edge of the tire and the back edge of the tire to the hood, this area is where it sticks up or basically the whole length of the strut. If I look at it on a certain angle I can read "Redline" through the gap between the hood and the fender.

Anyone else having gap problems?

My first package was damaged in transit, they sent out a new one as soon as I told them about it. Great service!

To be honest I had a problem when I had with a set of mine. The little ball piece that screws into the hood broke on me. No big deal, lifetime warranty...problems solved.

Well, After numerous E-mails with no response I had to find the numberand call.

I will admit once I got ahold of someone they shipped out the piece superfast and I was struttin' my stuff again....

It was just a hassle with the whole E_mail thing and I was really starting to get upset.

As far as the gap, I did notice it also when I had the two Tours. Luckily I'm old and Redlines first sets never came with those purdy stickers.....

I wonder how well theyre gas struts resist heat.........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back