• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Contour Hood Lift Gas Spring Strut Shock SVT SE Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the updated list....You will have till next week to order one....If you also want a kit for a different make and model, reply to this message and give me the the year and model of the car...I will check if it is available..thx

1. CSVT4LIFE
2. KerryKool
3. Sprebound
4. dcSVT
5. Yamaha racer 686
6. TourDeForce
7. TourDeForce
8. KyleQ
9. CSVT#49
10. Eric L
11. Schattastic SVT

I'd be in, but I have a quick question first. Will these work on a Cougar?
Nathan

The Cougars have a different kit but it is also available for the same price...When purchasing the kit make sure you include the car you want it for...I will also list a few pictures of the cougar on spring struts...

sdeview.jpg

strutassy.jpg

Hello Everyone,
I want to clear up some confusion on the difference in our QuickLIFT kits:

base QuickLIFT kit features black gas springs with silver Zinc plated brackets and hardware. 2 year warranty.

QuickLIFT PLUS Our latest release, a cross between our base QuickLIFT system and our QuickLIFT ELITE. All black components, including: the QuickLIFT black e-coated gas springs, black shafts, black ball-stud end fittings & black powder-coated brackets (from the ELITE system) along with the best mounting hardware. 2 year warranty. This kit isn't available for the Contour, since we are using ball studs for the mounting hardware.

For those who want the best money can buy - QuickLIFT ELITE. Includes the ultimate 316L Stainless Steel gas springs, black powder-coated brackets and the best mounting hardware. 4 year warranty.

All kits function the same and use the same force gas springs. For those of you with Carbon fiber hoods, we do have lower force gas springs we can use in your kit.

Regards,
Andreas

Owner/Partner
Redline Tuning LLC

Hello Everyone,
I want to clear up some confusion on the difference in our QuickLIFT kits:

base QuickLIFT kit features black gas springs with silver Zinc plated brackets and hardware. 2 year warranty.

QuickLIFT PLUS Our latest release, a cross between our base QuickLIFT system and our QuickLIFT ELITE. All black components, including: the QuickLIFT black e-coated gas springs, black shafts, black ball-stud end fittings & black powder-coated brackets (from the ELITE system) along with the best mounting hardware. 2 year warranty. This kit isn't available for the Contour, since we are using ball studs for the mounting hardware.

For those who want the best money can buy - QuickLIFT ELITE. Includes the ultimate 316L Stainless Steel gas springs, black powder-coated brackets and the best mounting hardware. 4 year warranty.

All kits function the same and use the same force gas springs. For those of you with Carbon fiber hoods, we do have lower force gas springs we can use in your kit.

Regards,
Andreas

Owner/Partner
Redline Tuning LLC

Thanks 4 The Help....

Regards,
Andreas

Owner/Partner
Redline Tuning LLC

Which "lower force" ones are for the CF hoods :confused: Is there a seperate model other than the 3 mentioned above?

For those with Carbon Fiber hoods, you can order either the base QuickLIFT kit or the Elite QuickLIFT kit and if you specifiy that you have a Carbon Fiber hood we will substitute the gas springs with lower force, either Stainless steel or black depending on what kit you ordered.
Regards,
Andreas

Updated list

1. CSVT4LIFE
2. KerryKool
3. Sprebound
4. Fordsvt98
5. Yamaha racer 686
6. TourDeForce
7. TourDeForce
8. KyleQ
9. CSVT#49
10. Eric L
11. Schattastic SVT
12.ov3n(MUSTANG)NECO

How difficult are these things to install? Is it a direct bolt-on, or do I need to do some drilling, adjusting, etc. Depending on how simple the install is, I might be in.

1. CSVT4LIFE
2. KerryKool
3. Sprebound
4. Fordsvt98
5. Yamaha racer 686
6. TourDeForce
7. TourDeForce
8. KyleQ
9. CSVT#49
10. Eric L
11. Schattastic SVT
12.ov3n(MUSTANG)NECO
13.COOGAH(COUGAR)(NECO)
14.Daves95Contour
15.sweetsvt
16.extremeVFT03(COUGAR)(NECO)

Last edited:
How difficult are these things to install? Is it a direct bolt-on, or do I need to do some drilling, adjusting, etc. Depending on how simple the install is, I might be in.

These are very simple to install......trust me

For those with Carbon Fiber hoods, you can order either the base QuickLIFT kit or the Elite QuickLIFT kit and if you specifiy that you have a Carbon Fiber hood we will substitute the gas springs with lower force, either Stainless steel or black depending on what kit you ordered.
Regards,
Andreas

I'm sure you either have to pick one or the other i.e. "lower force" for CF or the regular kit for stock hoods, but I still thought I'd ask for myself and anyone else in the same boat. I wouldn't want to have to buy 2 pair of these.

So.... if i got the "lower force" struts for the CF hood applications, is it safe to say that it will not be strong enough when I switch back to my stock hood during the winter? Even if it lifted the stock hood slow that would be fine...just wondering if it would hold it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back