• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Contour Hood Lift Gas Spring Strut Shock SVT SE Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. CSVT4LIFE
2. KerryKool

3. Sprebound
4. Fordsvt98
5. Yamaha racer 686
6. TourDeForce
7. TourDeForce
8. KyleQ
9. CSVT#49

I'm interested if it'll work with a CF/Fiberglass hood. I may even be interested in 2!

This is what I got from them....

Hello CSVT4LIFE,
Yes our lift kit works with carbon fiber hoods. For people who order multiple kits, each additional kit is $2 for shipping.
Regards,
Andreas

Andreas Keller

Owner/Partner
Redline Tuning LLC

Oh man this is going to rock!!!! I HATE THE HOOD PROP! Ive been meaning to score off ebay but I was waiting patiently for somethin like this! finally lincoln luxury!

That's my car in those pictures :laugh:

Previous owner owned Redline Tuning.

Are you guys sure about the carbon fiber hoods? I've heard time and time again that they are too powerful. These things are definitely powerful as hell too. I'll get a vid of them pushing up my heavy as hell stock hood if you guys want :shocked:

Last edited:
This is what I got from them....

Hello CSVT4LIFE,
Yes our lift kit works with carbon fiber hoods. For people who order multiple kits, each additional kit is $2 for shipping.
Regards,
Andreas

Andreas Keller

Owner/Partner
Redline Tuning LLC

I'd really like these but I'm still worried about using it on my CF hood. Even more so b/c it's a brand new CF EVO and I'd never be able to get another one. I'd feel a lot better if someone w/ a CF hood was actually running these w/out any problems. I know he said it "works" w/ CF hoods. Sure it will bolt up fine BUT what about long term use? I hope this is not just a ploy to sell a few more kits.

Im in tentativly, if we need one more to hit the 20 or 30 mark im in deffinatly. ill have to back out of the lockwood sills for now but i dont think thats going anywhere for a while anyways.

I thought carbon fiber was some really strong stuff? lol
It's strong for how light it is :crazy: I can see the gas struts working maybe if you raise and lower the hood real carefully or something.. but if you grab it by the middle and try forcing it down I can definitely see those struts just bowing the hell out of that CF. They're powerful :laugh:

I'd really like these but I'm still worried about using it on my CF hood. Even more so b/c it's a brand new CF EVO and I'd never be able to get another one. I'd feel a lot better if someone w/ a CF hood was actually running these w/out any problems. I know he said it "works" w/ CF hoods. Sure it will bolt up fine BUT what about long term use? I hope this is not just a ploy to sell a few more kits.

This kit will work fine...its not too strong...and to let you know theres several types of hood lift gas springs....

Redline Tuning QuickLIFT(this is for the group buy)(not strong enough to damage hood)
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLLUS(for larger cars, some trucks))
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE(for trucks....too strong for cars, may damage hood)

That's my car in those pictures :laugh:

Previous owner owned Redline Tuning.

Are you guys sure about the carbon fiber hoods? I've heard time and time again that they are too powerful. These things are definitely powerful as hell too. I'll get a vid of them pushing up my heavy as hell stock hood if you guys want :shocked:

a vid would be cool :cool:

PS Berkel, which version of these struts do you have on your SVT?

I dont think your hoods are 100% real carbon fiber though.....are they? Theyre like a mixture i think. I wouldnt risk it.....those hoods are so sweet...and so spendy too. It wouldnt be worth a 2 dollar part that gives you hell and a crack.

I love these things, but dont bother getting them if you have a fiberglass or carbon fiber aftermarket hood, the hood is just too light for the gas struts.

I ended up stripping out one of my studs off the hood itself after about 4 months of use, so I had to put them on the shelf until I can get a stock hood again.

1. CSVT4LIFE
2. KerryKool
3. Sprebound
4. Fordsvt98
5. Yamaha racer 686
6. TourDeForce
7. TourDeForce
8. KyleQ
9. CSVT#49
10. Eric L

PS Berkel, which version of these struts do you have on your SVT?
Elite. They're all chrome. Andreas had them on there and they work fine for the stock hood :shrug:

Redline Tuning QuickLIFT(this is for the group buy)(not strong enough to damage hood)
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLLUS(for larger cars, some trucks))
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE(for trucks....too strong for cars, may damage hood)
Didn't know that. No wonder they're so strong :laugh: Andreas gave my brother a set of the standard QuickLifts. I'll have to go see how strong his are ;)

No vids as of now my camera is dead :shocked:

We need a few more to reach 30....

1. CSVT4LIFE
2. KerryKool
3. Sprebound
4. Fordsvt98
5. Yamaha racer 686
6. TourDeForce
7. TourDeForce
8. KyleQ
9. CSVT#49
10. Eric L