• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

EH? Whats this white :censored::censored::censored::censored: in the sky?

Thinkmoto

Hard-core CEG'er
Snow?!?!?! The grass is still rather green at my house and thats white :censored::censored::censored::censored: falling from the sky? yahoo! I need to go buy a new shovel after wearing one out last year :(

its little white kisses from the skies above..

My Scoob loves the snow..

I've been rockin Blizzaks for almost 2 weeks now waiting for some white fun stuff to fall...

:)

Unfortunately around here the snow melted on the roadways and then froze into glare ice on all the bridges. There were several accidents just on my way home from work.

Unfortunately around here the snow melted on the roadways and then froze into glare ice on all the bridges. There were several accidents just on my way home from work.

That happened everywhere, your area just made it on the news :nonono:. Poop

That happened everywhere, your area just made it on the news :nonono:. Poop

Actually it just happened where I work. When I made it to Saukville and Port Washington there wasn't a flake of snow on the ground. I figured the snow stayed south of Hwy 60, but maybe we just got lucky like that.

You should have seen it here, there were accidents like every mile on the high. Hwy 41 was pure ice from southern winnebago county to northern outagamie county. Now thats bad. Not to mention the snow is still on the ground here a day later.

What brand tire are they again? I forgot to look, but for $150 with rims you couldn't go wrong! WooHooo!

Just got my snowmobile back after being preseasoned...I'm not going to lie, I drove it around the yard and ripped up some grass.

Official ditch diving thread!

Official ditch diving thread!

Well I knew it was just a matter of time before I did some ditch sampling. Left for work early Tuesday evening with the roads being so-so conditions. Came up on some nasty drifts and plowed through with no problems. being that it was dark out and the geos spectacular lights the depth of the drifts was unknown to me. I did finally find a drifted over section of road that did me in. I got about 200 yards through a rough section when the ass end grabbed a crossrut and swung around. Heading diagonally towards a road sign and into a corn field I hoped for the bast. I missed the sign by a foot and stopped about 2 rows in on a frozen chunk of dirt. I managed to push the car myself about 10 feet and with the help of a few starngers we got it half was up the enbankment. Got a pull from a paramedic in a rat trap explorer and away I went cold and wet. Made it to work on time and no damage to the car. I'm steering clear of Highway M and R north or watertown, the blowing snow is the suck.

I'm so glad I have a 10 minute commute that runs right past the Ozaukee County maintenance grounds where they keep all the plow trucks and the salt. Highway 32 is the first road to be plowed in the county.

I had to move Waynes SVT yesterday so we could snowblow the driveway again and its the first time I got to test out the Blizzaks I put on his car..

I already know how they are on my car but I have AWD... I was amazed at how much traction the car has now.. usually all he did in snow was spin at a stop sign or have problems stopping. His car felt almost as stable in snow as mine - wow.

I think the little test I did now convinces me that everyone should buy snow tires -

I assume your Metro was just rockin normal rubber? Do they make Blizzaks or something in your sizing? (what is it, a 13 inch rim?)

I got brand new 12" Kumhos on it. They make snows but the tires are donuts as is. They cut right through the :censored::censored::censored::censored:. The car is soo damn light it doesn't take much to unsettle it. Its not bad at all in the snow and traction isn't that bad of an issue. I just caught a deep rut at the wrong time.

I drove the wifes car with the all season/snows I got off craigslist and it was amazing. Well for a G6 anyways....it actually had traction and would stop too. i wish I still had my old 323GTX that thing with snows would be way more fun then your subie or an EVO.

4" to 8" more on the way :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:es! This is going to be a repeat of last year it seems.

So I've heard. Pleasant Valley Rd. west of hwy NN was really treacherous when I drove through the last storm we had...there were some pretty large drifts blowing on to the road, in addition to the slick icy surface of the road-I ended up doing a complete 180 and nearly getting stuck while approaching a stop sign. I need some snow tires :eek:

Back