• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno tuned today.......

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
I went to DB performance in rogers, MN today. got an Xcal3 and 3 hours dyno time. we pushed this thing as far as we could go. DB has a dyno dynamics dynamometer, and from what i hear, its one of the lower reading dyno's in the twin cities area. Overall dan did a great job tuning my car, and he had a lot of crap to straighten out for me, since everything is changed/deleted it really made it a repetative process. we probably got more than 30 pulls in just reflashing to get the timing straight after he deleted the IMRC settings and got my air/fuel where i wanted it.

the first pull before we tuned anything was 212HP/201TRQ. i figured my torque would be lower than my previous dyno sheet because everyone's torque was pretty high (that mobile dyno at SZ i mean)

so anyways we ended up with 219.0 WHP and 210.9 TRQ. i was hoping for more than 225 whp but i am still pleased with my end result. The car pulls hard and smooth now. it runs excellent, and we fixed a big problem i was having with my computer compensating for its lean condition by going into open loop extremely fast and correcting itself beyond its "adaptive learning" threshold (it is supposed to only correct up to 8%, but it was correcting at its max at 25%, causing it to go from lean to rich around the usual IMRC opening point, of course mine is deleted)

anyways we got an improvement throughout the whole power band. first and second gear are worthless to me now :D

of course of course, i will definately put up the dyno sheet, as soon as i can get my brother home to show me how to make this file a format that photobucket can recognize.

now to find me a ST220 UIM and a slightly better Y pipe :troutslap:

Very very nice! Can you get me their info...I might have to head there since he knows what to do for the most part with my car then,

dbptuning.com call them up and ask for danny. he is the owner, and the main SCT software user there. super cool guy. you should know that i am the first contour he has ever tuned, but of course he's extremely good at SCT tuning and it wasnt a big deal to get my car dialed in, yours will probably be the same story since its almost the exact same setup

Yeah the fact that he's great with custom Fords and SCT products make him a good place to go for us :)

btw i told him he'd be tuning your car soon :D

its 150 hr for the first 2 hours, then its 125/hr

they are definately not cheap on the tuning, but i dont think tuning is somewhere to skimp out on a performance car :D

he can tune you really well in probably an hour though tony, i'm sure warmonger's tune is super close already.

btw i told him he'd be tuning your car soon :D

:laugh: Lucky for me I already have the XCal :) Yeah my tune is pretty solid as is, but I'm sure it could be a little more agressive than it is.

I don't know when I'll get in, I need to button up those last few things before I worry about getting a dyno tune. Not sure it's going to happen this year.

What was your A/F wide open?

i have that on the sheet. i told him straight up i wanted 12.5 nothing more nothing less. so he timed it out according to that to keep it where i wanted it. it was detonating on the top end like crazy when he gave it timing, and it was falling on its face after 6000 when he took it away, but we found a happy medium. it feels like its got a SVT manifold setup on it after 5500 :D

anyways looking at the graph, it ranges anywhere from 12.0-12.5 AFR at WOT.

fixing the lean condition at cruising speeds was a huge bonus. it runs much better, way easier to drive on the street now, not so spikey and boggy at low rpms.

do what I did and take a good digi pic of the sheets and upload them to post:shrug:

Now you can update your sig lol. Btw what made you go this route instead of the snipertuning setup you were going to go with?

Nice numbers too btw lol

do what I did and take a good digi pic of the sheets and upload them to post:shrug:

Now you can update your sig lol. Btw what made you go this route instead of the snipertuning setup you were going to go with?

Nice numbers too btw lol

the sniper tuning program i was going to get only allowed global timing changes which in turn would not have worked out on my setup at all because of how my timing ended up. if i wanted full spark control with sniper, it was going to cost the same as an xcal and a PRP. so soon i will buy a PRP but i dont need it yet as i probably wont make any changes for a while as everything that will help me is really expensive

LOL. You edited the number but still left 'before tuning' in your sig. I'd say that it's definitely tuned now.

Tylerdynotuned.jpg

sorry bout the delay :)

blue is before, red is after.

those sheets look better than the ones we all had at sz even your before one.

yeah it put down 212/201 which is much more accurate than that mobile dyno even though the HP was exactly the same between the two dyno's, the mobile dyno at SZ seemed to read torque a little high. driving this thing home from the dyno was a treat. :D i neeeeeeeed a ST220 manifold and a better Y pipe help! :D

yeah it put down 212/201 which is much more accurate than that mobile dyno even though the HP was exactly the same between the two dyno's, the mobile dyno at SZ seemed to read torque a little high. driving this thing home from the dyno was a treat. :D i neeeeeeeed a ST220 manifold and a better Y pipe help! :D

well, I have the better ypipe...but there is no way I am parting with it. :laugh:

worst case scenario i trade+cash my weapon R for a MSDS from redlineracer12. he doesnt need that on his DD cougar anyways! :D

lol. pretty much. i think tony will wait till he gets his dyno tune and puts down more HP than me before he helps me out like that! LOL

Back