• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno tuned today.......

What is the deal with the better y-pipe you speak of. Could you PM me the total cost of getting your tune with the xcal? I need to know how much I'll be in for... :crazy:

Nice numbers - I need a ride now :laugh:

What is the deal with the better y-pipe you speak of. Could you PM me the total cost of getting your tune with the xcal? I need to know how much I'll be in for... :crazy:

Nice numbers - I need a ride now :laugh:

maybe see if we can get a group price going....you need one, I need one, Heidi needs one, I think Joe needs one, Tony maaaaaaaybe needs one

Hey tricker I have a cutup WR y pipe. It's missing the collector so I have the two lengths of pipe that connect to the exhaust manifolds. Buy them from me for $40 and have a shop weld in a 3" collector. Then you can sell your WR pipe complete and make back what you spend.

I'd think running 12.8-13 air/fuel at WOT would have picked up a few more hp. 12.0-12.5 is a bit rich and is moving into FI territory.

Man, I just traded off a MSDS y pipe at SZ - didn't know you were looking for one.... Steal redlineracers! :laugh:

The MSDS pipe better then the Weapon-R?

it wont make a difference until you up the size of your catback. the weapon R is just as good minus the fact that it collects at 2.5" instead of 3" i'm really not sure i'm going to gain anything from a bigger collector.

blackcoog, maybe i'll buy the WR pipes from you for the start of a true duals setup :D

oh and we tried leaning it out. no gain in HP at all, just lost torque. something is limiting me right now.....

it wont make a difference until you up the size of your catback. the weapon R is just as good minus the fact that it collects at 2.5" instead of 3" i'm really not sure i'm going to gain anything from a bigger collector.

Ok - I need to get a new flex pipe and I'm also going to add a tet pipe with high flo cat to get some more air moving around, should probably do something with the stock resonator at that time as well...

i'd buy a couple nice mufflers, a small high flow resonator, and a trubendz piping kit. then get a test pipe. it'll still be pretty quiet, but flow much better. all for a few hundred bucks. you already got headers on it, why not finish the job?

i'd buy a couple nice mufflers, a small high flow resonator, and a trubendz piping kit. then get a test pipe. it'll still be pretty quiet, but flow much better. all for a few hundred bucks. you already got headers on it, why not finish the job?

Hrm - any suggestion on the mufflers? Can I run a resonator after the cat before the mufflers to keep the noise down without killing performance? Is the 3" kit overkill?

Then sell me the stock cat-back to get back some of the cost :)

Exhaust is in very good condition, if I go this route, what are you thinking for price range?

i'd get a couple nice round borla style mufflers or something of the sort. ryanblacksvt has a couple nice looking ones on his turbo car.

the resonator should go near the stock resonator's location, after the cat before the mufflers. yes 3" is overkill. 2.5" will be fine for N/A, and if you turboed it someday, you'd have to redo everything on the exhaust anyways.

it wont make a difference until you up the size of your catback.
A slight gain would be had...but the weapon-R y-pipe is a better mod vs the msds y-pipe for flow characteristics. Regardless of the 2.5 collector..your stock catback reduces in size further down the line to a 2.25 all the way to a 2 inch. So it's not really a stress point.

the weapon R is just as good minus the fact that it collects at 2.5" instead of 3" i'm really not sure i'm going to gain anything from a bigger collector.
Regardless of the 2.5 collector..you stock catback reduces in size further down the line to a 2.25 all the way to a 2 inch :shrug:

I think your concentrating on the smaller side of this...your problem is the heads. Open those beauties up and let the pistons do the rest. :cool:

well i obviously dont have a stock catback. and i'm not pullin my engine again to port the thing LOL. just don't wanna!

well i obviously dont have a stock catback. and i'm not pullin my engine again to port the thing LOL. just don't wanna!

I was speaking to kyleQ...i miss quoted you by accident.

and i'm not pullin my engine again to port the thing LOL. just don't wanna!
Get another set of 3L heads and start with some porting....4.6 valves anyone :cool:

yah.... i think its gonna take some exhaust porting to get this thing to go any better.... that and a st manifold :)
Intake manifold cfm flow
SVT = 182 cfm
Max EH - 198 cfms
Taurus 01 - 210 cfms
Taurus o4 = 223 cfms
st220 = 236 or 238 cfms

Now the mazda & jag etc etc...i have no idea from cfm flow.

It seems we have no problems finding way to get air intake the heads...allowing the heads to feed the engine itself and then releasing it is where nobody seems to be looking at. Porting the heads...and replacing them with larger valves while opening up the exhaust ports..is a great way to def add some overall power.

Back