• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Do You Think It's Worth It To Mod An SE ATX?

LOL now you're exhibiting more sanity than most of us here..... But take a look at a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP another great little car and not a ricer :laugh:

Haha, I guess. But I mean, it's true that if your looking for speed, a good launch, and even a greater aftermarket, a 350 can offer that, you know? Not saying that's all I'm looking for, but that vehicle is something I've been interested in for a quite a bit now, and I just think finding one for a good price would be money well spent.

atx contour trans

atx contour trans

just for the record the atx from the 2.5l contour IS garbage complete garbage. i know several people who had them and the trans was the first thing to break. actually i just bought a 98 contour with 156k on it and drove it for one week bone stock and the atx trans already went. which brings me to the question does the 3.0l taurus trans bolt up to a 2.5l engine in the contour?

The weak link - the ATX. The CD4E is a total pile o' poop.

Taurus trans? The AX4N/S, another stinkin' pile. Really, any ATX Ford FF transaxle is a steamy pile of...

Sure glad my Taurtus X has a 6F...and it's a lease! :laugh:

just for the record the atx from the 2.5l contour IS garbage complete garbage. i know several people who had them and the trans was the first thing to break. actually i just bought a 98 contour with 156k on it and drove it for one week bone stock and the atx trans already went. which brings me to the question does the 3.0l taurus trans bolt up to a 2.5l engine in the contour?

No to your ?

and you don't know what the previous owners did or did not do regarding maintenance. There are many ATX tours & stiques on the road and they do ok as long as they are properly maintained and hooked up to stock or nearly stock engines....

The weak link - the ATX. The CD4E is a total pile o' poop.

Taurus trans? The AX4N/S, another stinkin' pile. Really, any ATX Ford FF transaxle is a steamy pile of...

Sure glad my Taurtus X has a 6F...and it's a lease! :laugh:

I thought some of them had the CD4E tranny?

Any well maintained CD4E will hold up fine to minor bolt-ons. My 99 Mystique had it's fair share of bolt ons, abuse and probably close to 100 1/4 mile passes. I actually probably still have most of the time slips... :D

Still ran and shifted like a champ when I sold it with 120k on it...

Back