• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Deposits on turbo so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked it over with Tom and we are going to allow the stage 1 to be upgradable where you can buy the add-ons or upgrades to make the kit whatever you want it to be. So if someone has a MAF or injectors and then they can use there own but the tune can change it price since you may use odd parts we don't sell or tested. I order two larger FMIC to the kit and I almost certain the hot pipes will not change since it will flow more than we need. The intercooler piping may change once you go above 400whp to 2.5 on the outlet and over 500whp may be 2.5 all the way or the water-to-air due to piping issues. We will sell the kit base with no-intercooler no injectors for the stage 1.

We plan on changing the setups on the way we offer them.

The non-intercooled turbo will be right @ $2000.00 using your stock components such as injectors. We expect to push 4-6 psi safely with the right sized turbo giving the motor 50 % gains this will be called the stage 1

the stage 2 will be Intercooled and the price will be close to 2995.00 going up $175 because of the price increase in injectors and sincethe labor was 50%higher than expected but remember we are also giving a $150 tune for free so the kit which most places charge $200 up for just tune files.

We have a large demand for the kit since Mondeos or also jumping on the kit too. The kit is affordable and priced better than any kit available so the UK guys are still able to ship their kits over the world for a fair price.

We will update the site soon once I catch up with orders but the price is officailly moved up to $175 more due to extra cost we absorbed as we finished the first 5 kits. Thanks Guys joey

so does that mean the piping will remain the same for the stage one kit interms of the intercooler piping? will the intercooler just be replaced by a straight pipe so that the intercooler can be added later on or will there be all new tubing that will need to be puchaced later on to use the intercooler?

No the pipe will be eliminated it will be ducted straight to the TB for response and spool time. The kit will still do very well and can be upgraded to the stage 2 byt just ordering the FMIC kit which will be priced around $500.00 or so later on.

so let me get this right....now we can get the stage one kit without the FMIC for $2000? also hows the tunning work on these do i have to send you my ecu with a graph of my air/fuel?

You purchase an SCT Xcal2, hook a laptop up to the xcal (while it is hooked up to the OBD-II port) and datalog what your car is doing while you drive.

You email that datalog to Nautilus, they adjust for performance, reliability, etc and email it back.. you load that tune on to your ECM via XCAL2 and datalog again to verify it is where you want it (as far as a tune goes)

ok well i got pretty much everything fiigured out on how to intall the kit except for the tuning. that just seems like a problem for me.

ok well i got pretty much everything fiigured out on how to intall the kit except for the tuning. that just seems like a problem for me.

You purchase an SCT Xcal2, hook a laptop up to the xcal (while it is hooked up to the OBD-II port) and datalog what your car is doing while you drive.

You email that datalog to Nautilus, they adjust for performance, reliability, etc and email it back.. you load that tune on to your ECM via XCAL2 and datalog again to verify it is where you want it (as far as a tune goes)

whats not to get :shrug:

I just want everyone to remember that this is a preliminary estimate.
We will get more exact on the updated pricing as we prepare this new kit.
This is meant to give you an idea of where we are going with the kit, trying to make an even more affordable base kit with future upgradeability yet not screw ourselves and basically work for free for someone else to enjoy. I'm not trying to sound too harsh, but I'm sure you all understand where I'm coming from.

Would the revised stage1 (no I/C) be dependent on climate conditions? For example... would it be wise to run w/o an I/C in Phoenix, even at the lower boost levels?

Hey, if there are any issues with shipping to Europe, I might be able to act as a middleman and reduce the shipping cost.

To me (from US to Germany) is normal USPS shipping rates to zip code 09009, then probly DHL shipping from D-67806 to wherever it needs to go.

No (shouldn't be, at least) customs problems/fees from US to Germany...

Might be an idea for someone that can't afford shipping to Europe :shrug:

Shipping to kane wasnt bad when i shipped his gauge pod, I dont think they are as nazi about customs going to a US AFB.

Shipping elsewhere has been a pain. Ive been trying to get a package to ireland for a month!

Kane... I might have some use for you ;)

Would the revised stage1 (no I/C) be dependent on climate conditions? For example... would it be wise to run w/o an I/C in Phoenix, even at the lower boost levels?

Not toomuch of an issue. It would have to have some conservative timing and extra fuel when the temps go up but the tune can do that.
The main thing is that 19# injectors should support 4-5psi boost with no intercooler and that would still be the same or better than going out and buying a new Vortec supercharger kit with no intercooler. At those low boost levels the air does not heat up that much, the intake system becomes much more efficient and with 10:1 compression ratio it would still be quite responsive. Sized with a quick spooling, efficient turbo it will become quite powerful with a lot of torque yet not be harmful to the engine.

Shipping to kane wasnt bad when i shipped his gauge pod, I dont think they are as nazi about customs going to a US AFB.

Shipping elsewhere has been a pain. Ive been trying to get a package to ireland for a month!

Kane... I might have some use for you ;)

well techically when you are shipping APO/FPO you are shipping to a US zipcode... not that that is actually where its going. you will need some custom forms strapped to the outside declaring all the parts it contains. I can forward you the forms, and probably help you out with any shipping logisitics you guys may need.

well techically when you are shipping APO/FPO you are shipping to a US zipcode... not that that is actually where its going. you will need some custom forms strapped to the outside declaring all the parts it contains. I can forward you the forms, and probably help you out with any shipping logisitics you guys may need.

appreciate it, I remember filling out the forms when i shipped kanes gauge pod and heatshield to him.

It feels GREAT doesnt it. Looking at all that stuff, kinda feels overwhelming at first huh? If you need any help, give me a call... And let me know when you are ready to install, I might come out and help you get that thing in a little faster.

Congrats did the package arrive safely hope so. I want you to place it all out I think you need a turbo drain and if you do let me know I have 8 coming in next week thank you for buying our products. Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back