• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Deposits on turbo so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats did the package arrive safely hope so. I want you to place it all out I think you need a turbo drain and if you do let me know I have 8 coming in next week thank you for buying our products. Joey

i took all the parts out to inspect parts seem to be all intact. what does the turbo drain look like? not sure if it was included; i dont remember seeing a packing list.

one part came in the turbo box kinda bent up, some shiny gasket looking thingy. it looked usable so i dont know if a new one is needed.

thanks joey for building a turbo kit, cheers! :cool:

What does the kit include? Not sure if I would rather go all motor.

Kit includes everything you need, including a great tune as well. Nautaulis Perfromance even sells the x cal. And about that all motor junk, after having this kit I would never go back to all motor! Nuff said.

Kit includes everything you need, including a great tune as well. Nautaulis Perfromance even sells the x cal. And about that all motor junk, after having this kit I would never go back to all motor! Nuff said.
I don't like turbo lag, even tho this is a high output v6.. and I'm really feining for killing some STis and EVOs bad... hmm......

what about stuff like forged rods and low compression pistons? Necessary with this kit, or will you put down good numbers without? I really want it to just go in, no problems, and work reliably.

need to read the other turbo development thread here in the group buy forum as it has all the answers .... btw the protype kit put down near 300 hp and torque iirc on stock pre-cats on a 2.5 with what was it 10 psi I think. the kit makes good numbers and if you contact nautilus I am sure they can work with you to size a turbo to get the power, no turbo lag that you want

I don't like turbo lag, even tho this is a high output v6.. and I'm really feining for killing some STis and EVOs bad... hmm......

dumb.jpg

what about stuff like forged rods and low compression pistons? Necessary with this kit, or will you put down good numbers without? I really want it to just go in, no problems, and work reliably.

The forged 3L's that we have seen around here have not proved to be any more reliable than the stock 3L's. I have a stock 3L and I plan to hit around 350 whp at 10 or 12 psi on my nautalis performance turbo kit. Right now I am at 8 psi and it pulls incredibly! You can have a very reliable 3L turbo at 10psi on stock internals without worries.

Anyone who thinks "turbocharged" automatically means "turbo lag" has done JUST enough reading to learn the term "lag" but nothing else...

Please do a little research. Proper turbine/exhaust sizing can move the powerband anywhere in the rev range you want it, eliminate lag, maximize power, maximize effeciency, or any combination of the above,

The forged 3L's that we have seen around here have not proved to be any more reliable than the stock 3L's. I have a stock 3L and I plan to hit around 350 whp at 10 or 12 psi on my nautalis performance turbo kit. Right now I am at 8 psi and it pulls incredibly! You can have a very reliable 3L turbo at 10psi on stock internals without worries.

Yeah but I have a 2.5 liter and I don't plan on swapping. If I'm going to do that much work I might as well install rods and pistons while I'm at it.

Anyone who thinks "turbocharged" automatically means "turbo lag" has done JUST enough reading to learn the term "lag" but nothing else...

Please do a little research. Proper turbine/exhaust sizing can move the powerband anywhere in the rev range you want it, eliminate lag, maximize power, maximize effeciency, or any combination of the above,

Even perfectly tuned turbocharged engines by performance companies will have an amount of turbo lag. That's part of how a turbo works. Yeah, you can eliminate lag, if you're running a small turbo and don't plan on having a major perfomance gain. Yet if I'm going to spend 3 grand, I want the biggest turbo my engine can push, and I want performance worth what I almost paid for my car in the first place. I've never seen a car that puts down a ton of horsepower over stock, utilizing a turbo, that doesn't have lag.

Even perfectly tuned turbocharged engines by performance companies will have an amount of turbo lag. That's part of how a turbo works. Yeah, you can eliminate lag, if you're running a small turbo and don't plan on having a major perfomance gain. Yet if I'm going to spend 3 grand, I want the biggest turbo my engine can push, and I want performance worth what I almost paid for my car in the first place. I've never seen a car that puts down a ton of horsepower over stock, utilizing a turbo, that doesn't have lag.
If thats the case and you don't want lag than why bother posting in this thread or even looking at it?:troutslap:

If thats the case and you don't want lag than why bother posting in this thread or even looking at it?:troutslap:
I'm trying to decide weather or not to buy, are you ****ing stupid? Did you not read my earlier posts?

I'm trying to decide weather or not to buy, are you ****ing stupid? Did you not read my earlier posts?

Let me tell you something Mr fuging stupid. Please go research more information about turbos before you go running your mouth on here.

Seriously the nerve of some kids.
This thread is about PAYMENTS OF TURBOS, if you want to discuss having a turbo make your own thread outside of a group buy section.

Unless you are making a group buy for a kit? Stop cluttering it with retarded questions.

Let me tell you something Mr fuging stupid. Please go research more information about turbos before you go running your mouth on here.

Seriously the nerve of some kids.
This thread is about PAYMENTS OF TURBOS, if you want to discuss having a turbo make your own thread outside of a group buy section.

Unless you are making a group buy for a kit? Stop cluttering it with retarded questions.

Okay, so using your logic. If someone were to go to circuit city to buy a new plasma t.v. and they had some questions about them before they purchased, you would tell them to go somewhere else because the store was only there for people to purchase from? No, because people who sell for a profit, are there to also provide a such thing as customer service, and that would include providing information on their such products.

Excuse me for being an interested customer, guess I won't be buying this kit after all since I know nothing about it.

all he's saying is post in the proper place. Group buy is for purchasing things. go check out the forced induction posts.

Okay, so using your logic. If someone were to go to circuit city to buy a new plasma t.v. and they had some questions about them before they purchased, you would tell them to go somewhere else because the store was only there for people to purchase from? No, because people who sell for a profit, are there to also provide a such thing as customer service, and that would include providing information on their such products.

Excuse me for being an interested customer, guess I won't be buying this kit after all since I know nothing about it.
Oh no:rolleyes:

Bla bla bla, "so using logic". If you had any logic you would have understood to search on these forums about this kit. If you had only spent as much time seraching you would of saved your self typing all that. 2 months ago this thread was started for this turbo. Now does it really take that much logic to use a search button?
Now say i am sorry i never used the search function in my 19 years of living.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=6006

I think todras said it best.

Last edited:
Yeah but I have a 2.5 liter and I don't plan on swapping. If I'm going to do that much work I might as well install rods and pistons while I'm at it.

if your going to go through all that work to install rods and pistons you might as well just go 3L, you will have to machine the block so the engine will need to come out and apart anyway ....

Of course you can ask question. But there is already another thread just for this purpose. This thread (Note the title: Deposits on turbo so far) was created to show how many people already paid, because the other thread was so long and cluttered with questions related or not. Also, if you just want generic turbo information you can also check the Forced Induction sub forum.

You know, there was never any one force you to buy anything. Most people are actually trying so hard to get the money to buy the kit. If you are not interested, many others are. You just miss out what could be said the most powerful power upgrade kit ever exists for our cars. But again, every one is entitled to his own opinion. We just show respect to other members here that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back