• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What current projects are you working on?

Man , this thread went awry :crazy: ...

I have a project that I'm working an insane deal on , just became a possibility last night . I don't wanna jinx myself , so I'll give a couple hints ;) . It's in the Ford family (indirectly) , it's turbo'd , 2-door , from the 80's , hatchback , a couple other CEG'ers have them/have had them ...
I've always loved them & thought it'd be a cool driver . It MAY bump my rat rod Volvo project off for a bit (might be quicker to put back on the road) . More on this later as things progress .

That would have been my guess also as I know you like them.
Where are the pictures?

i figured id post in here since i only live about 10 minutes from PA

current projects:

Putting in new Rack And Pinion
New Power stearing pump
replacing shifter cables
all tie rods
new axle
painting calipers red
putting in new antena motor
adjusting sag on right side skirt
instaling new:front bumper, right side skirt, spoiler
changing all fluids
replacing windshield
new PIAA wiperblades
new battery
new headlights
new grille(plus all grilles were painted silver and look really really good)
putting on new HELLA Angel eys/ Halos and doing fog light mod with them
optimizing throtle body

^^ I just sent the SVT down to the shop last week and it should all be done hopfuly sometime next week.

Mods to have by the end of the year:

Eibachs,spacers,17"rims,Fuzion ZRI`s 215/40/17

We don't mind that you live in MD, you can post here anytime. :)

You are busy! Lots going on with your SVT.

Make sure to post some pictures when you're done.

That would have been my guess also as I know you like them.
Where are the pictures?

No pics yet . I've only seen it once myself . It's stock in white with the double-stack wing on hatch ... pretty plain . It's got some kinda issue w/the turbo (not a biggie according to a friend of mine who's REALLY familiar w/them) , needs a front bumper facia & a front fender :blackeye: . The guy who has it is a friend and has a fender/bumper lined-up to buy locally already (already in white , too :cool: ) . If I get it , you can bet I'll take pics ;) .

after owning the car for almost a year and a half, i FINALLY did the foglight mod :laugh::blackeye: woo! looks great!

next weekend when i'm back in pittsburgh i will be applying 2 coats of hardcore wax (none of that softcore carnauba crap :crazy::laugh:) and i will be <strike>killing my car's good sound</strike> putting on my BAT high flow cat & y-pipe. :( no more test pipe for me. i think after i do this, i'll even more want an exhaust...

BTW, i'm waiting till i can get it off the car to see what condition its in, but im 99% sure that i'm going to try and sell my current Y. It is a BAT kit that has had the cat cut out and a custom y welded in. it has a flex pipe after the Y, but its leaking and would need replaced.'

i need to find a video camera so that i can take a video of me starting the car without any exhaust on just for fun :laugh::laugh:

i gotta stop staying up this late too.

vBulletin is stupid and wont let me do strikethrough text :blackeye::blackeye:

Last edited:
I'm up this late/early too Ryan. Can't sleep, again. :(

Can't wait to hear your car with that piping removed and a cat on there. What kind of exhaust do you want? Two coats of wax? Nice. Give the wheels a good coat also.

Allen, can't wait to see pictures. IIRC, they had an XR4ti at Harry's in Hazelton last time I was there. That was one car that no one took parts off of, the double wing was even there. There was one at another yard about 6 months ago but I can't remember which one. :dizzy: That one was pretty much "whole" also.

after owning the car for almost a year and a half, i FINALLY did the foglight mod :laugh::blackeye: woo! looks great!

next weekend when i'm back in pittsburgh i will be applying 2 coats of hardcore wax (none of that softcore carnauba crap :crazy::laugh:) and i will be <strike>killing my car's good sound</strike> putting on my BAT high flow cat & y-pipe. :( no more test pipe for me. i think after i do this, i'll even more want an exhaust...

BTW, i'm waiting till i can get it off the car to see what condition its in, but im 99% sure that i'm going to try and sell my current Y. It is a BAT kit that has had the cat cut out and a custom y welded in. it has a flex pipe after the Y, but its leaking and would need replaced.'

i need to find a video camera so that i can take a video of me starting the car without any exhaust on just for fun :laugh::laugh:

i gotta stop staying up this late too.

vBulletin is stupid and wont let me do strikethrough text :blackeye::blackeye:
I think the strikethrough isnt working because you used <strike> instead of [strike].

hey andy(its chirs) did you ever get the right slider pin? theres a junkyard in marcy that has the same color hood as your car,its in pretty good condition,since were on projects
....i have a black 95 pgt,not working on the project right now cause of the weahter,but i have been collection parts, i have klze(jdm)cams and manifold,turbo pipes,headers,up pipe,down pipe,626 rear sway bar,mx6 black leather

i just ordered the last things ive been waiting for. heres the list!
- 7Hx22Wx3.5D intercooler
- Tial 41MM Wastegate
- Tial 50MM Billet Blow Off Valve
- A 'PEXi AVC-R II Boost Controller
- AEM Wideband
- Quaife Limited Slip Differential
- Stage 5 Axle Shafts for Driveshaftshop.com
- XCal 2 with PRP
- Turbonetics- 60-1 To4B, .63 trim, stage 5 housing

- Tial 41MM Wastegate
- AEM Wideband
- XCal 2 with PRP

:drool: did you get the other car yet? i want to see it before you pull the engine.

- Tial 41MM Wastegate
- AEM Wideband
- XCal 2 with PRP

Sweeet. :drool:

I ordered both from BAT and one broke and they basically said I installed the clip wrong and thats why it broke. They refused to give me a refund for the one and I said the heck with it...

I'm at a crossroads with my car now... I'm debating what to do with it. Its had a lot of things go wrong with it lately and im really tempted to just get it running and get rid of it. But, by the same token, why sell it if all the broken parts are fixed. The car now has 102k and im sure the tranny won't last me too much longer, especially the way I drive... The car's had its fair share of 1/4 mile runs, heck i've got a drawer full of time slips... :-D

The big problem I have is the rust thats starting to show... My rocker panels are getting pretty rusty, despite being waxed and constantly washed during the winter and one side has a hole right through the rocker panel. Its not very noticeable, I just don't know if I can justify dumping any more money into this car.

hey andy(its chirs) did you ever get the right slider pin? theres a junkyard in marcy that has the same color hood as your car,its in pretty good condition,since were on projects
....i have a black 95 pgt,not working on the project right now cause of the weahter,but i have been collection parts, i have klze(jdm)cams and manifold,turbo pipes,headers,up pipe,down pipe,626 rear sway bar,mx6 black leather

Back